What's new

Is the netcode for PS3 bad or is it just me?

Hzaife

Noob
I recently picked up the Ultimate Edition for PS3 and im on cable 90mb down 3mb up and cannot connect to ANYONE.

It keeps lagging out at character select, im portfowarded and have opened all the PSN ports etc.

Pretty frustrating.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
It's complete dick. It was good - for me at least - around release but overtime it just got worse and worse and now it's frustrating trying to find a match, and even more frustrating when you actually do.

Error404

Noob
It works for me . I get lagging people quite often but i also get almost 0,0 secs sometimes , and im in east Europe too.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Don't know what the fuck these guys are talking about, because I've owned a PS3 & 360. There's nothing wrong with PSN. You're probably just playing people with bad connections. I hate the PS slander.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
I recently picked up the Ultimate Edition for PS3 and im on cable 90mb down 3mb up and cannot connect to ANYONE.

It keeps lagging out at character select, im portfowarded and have opened all the PSN ports etc.

Pretty frustrating.
This is what happens when you have free to play online service when you are a ps3 owner. With the Xbox 360. You have to pay,but you have great online experience because we are paying for the services.

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
If you can't connect to people it's a problem on your end or your opponent's. Make sure your NAT type is 1 or 2, and that your PS3 is set as a DMZ.

Hzaife

Noob
If you can't connect to people it's a problem on your end or your opponent's. Make sure your NAT type is 1 or 2, and that your PS3 is set as a DMZ.
NAT is 2, and my ps3 ip address is in my DMZ box in my router, all PSN PORTS are open.

im on a 90mb line dude

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
Hzaife

Your up/down doesn't matter as long as it's decent, so there's no need to keep mentioning it. I'm not sure what your issue is, though. I can connect to everyone just fine.

Don't know what the fuck these guys are talking about, because I've owned a PS3 & 360. There's nothing wrong with PSN. You're probably just playing people with bad connections. I hate the PS slander.
It's not slander, I notice a huge difference in the netcode from Xbox to PSN. Not just injustice either, SSF4 is awful on PSN, literally 90% of my matches are unplayable with the delay.