What's new

Is Skarlet top 5 ?

I do not think smoke should be top 10. When I watch people play against him, some people still have no idea what they are doing.
People at GGA know how to fight Smoke very well. Some days it still looks like we have no idea how to fight against Smoke.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
The fact is : Smoke still has resets :(

but kenshi overall rapes the cast better then skarlet with argueably no bad mus.
Yep.
Btw, does skarlet lose to sonya ? (I think so but not sure).

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Shang Tsung top 10?! :eek:

i don't think you understand how tier lists work..
Tier list speaking, yes, Kenshi does Rape his MU, same as Kabal, Cyrax, Freddy and supposely KL

Skarlet doesn't particularly rape some of these MU, like she doesn't rapes Cyrax or Sonya, Cage Freddy KL like Kabal does just by zoning

However, none of this characters on the "Top10" rapes her either, the worst MU for Skarlet is 4-6 and they are all very handable

4-6 KL (More to 5-5 actually)
4-6 Kabal
5-5 Sonya (More to 5-5 actually)
6-4 Kenshi (IMO)
4-6 Cyrax (Could be 5-5)

also, Fuck tier lists

Reactions: RYX

zaf

professor
People at GGA know how to fight Smoke very well. Some days it still looks like we have no idea how to fight against Smoke.
Then it comes down to pancakes just being really good and making good reads. You play kenshi now, so it should be a walk in the park.
Dude, smoke does zero chip damage ( unless he uses meter for ex smoke bomb). Chip him out with a full tk moves and then sit full screen and time him out...

The fact is : Smoke still has resets :(
Yep.
Btw, does skarlet lose to sonya ? (I think so but not sure).
Well it does matter to an extent that he has resets, but I still do not understand why the community views certain things the way they do.

Characters heavy meter dependent like cyrax, skarlet, smoke NEED their meter for offense. This leaves them open for FULL combo's. How are you going to breaker and reset people with all that meter you do not have? I personally prefer those match ups especially with ermac. Smoke has meter but let him use a bar or two on a reset and aim for a third round finish. Need to think more long term against meter characters.

Tier list speaking, yes, Kenshi does Rape his MU, same as Kabal, Cyrax, Freddy and supposely KL

Skarlet doesn't particularly rape some of these MU, like she doesn't rapes Cyrax or Sonya, Cage Freddy KL like Kabal does just by zoning
However, none of this characters on the "Top10" rapes her either, the worst MU for Skarlet is 4-6 and they are all very handable

4-6 KL (More to 5-5 actually)
4-6 Kabal
5-5 Sonya (More to 5-5 actually)
6-4 Kenshi (IMO)
4-6 Cyrax (Could be 5-5)

also, Fuck tier lists
Tier lists have their place. but lets not get into tier list talk please.
you do make a good point, that she is not that heavily effected by top 10 characters. however there are people that still counter pick and that could become a problem. With kenshi, this isnt really an issue. The issue is your personal mu experience with kenshi.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Well, Smoke and Skarlet can build meter pretty easily, and from what I've seen, top Smoke players use resets a lot so..

I mean, the fact that a character can do like +65% combos with 1 meter has a big role to play in the tier list, that's for sure. We can't ignore that fact.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
oh you mean skarlet vs kenshi ? That is fine. I thought you meant in terms of them against the entire cast.
i dont really know skarlet vs kenshi mu numbers, so i can see 5-5. but kenshi overall rapes the cast better then skarlet with argueably no bad mus.
Yes i understand that, actually the best characters to fight Skarlet are all inside the top 10, but not all of them have the capacity to Spam BS and remain safe( Kenshi and Sonya are on this list) , this is what makes Skarlet MU dificult, all other character who can't recover faster than Cyrax, Kabal, after throwing projectiles, and Every Character who has trouble hitting low hitbox[Kung lao is on this list] and every Character who lacks a 13f mid hitting at best (KL, sektor, reptile etc), will definitely see how broken this Character can be, when they see they have a big hitbox (Kenshi, Freddy and Kabal also enters here) Can't change directions mid air (Kabal again, and so many others), lacks of armor to interrupt the smallest gaps (Cyrax, Kitana Sektor, Noob Saibot etc.), very slow Starters, pressure full of gaps.

Most of the characters outside the top 10 lacks most of these stuff.

She is a Character that attacks while she avoids, so fast mid hittings or very fast low starters are the best way to stop her main game, her game is based on force ppl to block, bait into punish and whiff movements inside her punish range.

She can Dodge crossups, whiff punish jump ins at range, things most of the cast can't do, counter attack wakeups, flash parries and armors, adjust her pressure all the time, punish characters with blockstrings, train opponents, chip someone to death, bait punishes with iaD etc etc.

One way or another, there is always a room where she can do anything against any character, and these are holes you can't simply shut down if you're not Kabal, who is a male version of Skarlet without changing direction in mid air (Because nothing punishes buzzsaw lol)

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Skarlet beats smoke, maybe cage (Really 5-5), maybe reptile (Really 5-5), and raiden. but does better vs the whole cast than cage and reptile.

She is top 10 but top 5 is tough to argue.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Skarlet beats smoke, maybe cage (Really 5-5), maybe reptile (Really 5-5), and raiden. but does better vs the whole cast than cage and reptile.

She is top 10 but top 5 is tough to argue.
top 10.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
1. Kabal
2. Cyrax
3. Kenshi
4. Sonya

Then in no particular order (I will just list alphabetically)

Cage, Freddy, Jax, Kitana, Kung Lao, Raiden, Reptile, Shang, Smoke

I will allow arguments for Skarlet being better than Jax, Raiden, Reptile and Shang, but they better be some good freaking arguments.
Most of the characters listed as better than Skarlet have never won a major on their own. Including #2 Cyrax ;) <3

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2