What's new

is raiden still a threat in tourny play?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
When I play raiden I only use b312 and 334 as punish strings. I use it to punish a when I use teleport to cause a wiff. When I'm not punishing and I'm playing footsies, I use jab b3, f24 but off Jump in punches I only use f23 vb, 1212 tele, and b2f1 vb or b2f1 eh lightning.

This way all my meter is saves for en superman, eh shocker, and breaker. Using strings people can't interupt and ending with VB is a great idea. On hit VB gives you a safe jump for pressure, and on block it's safe so you can teleport or continue pressure...it's a win win.

Why do b314 or 334 and risk it? Only use them for punishes

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
When I play raiden I only use b312 and 334 as punish strings. I use it to punish a when I use teleport to cause a wiff. When I'm not punishing and I'm playing footsies, I use jab b3, f24 but off Jump in punches I only use f23 vb, 1212 tele, and b2f1 vb or b2f1 eh lightning.

This way all my meter is saves for en superman, eh shocker, and breaker. Using strings people can't interupt and ending with VB is a great idea. On hit VB gives you a safe jump for pressure, and on block it's safe so you can teleport or continue pressure...it's a win win.

Why do b314 or 334 and risk it? Only use them for punishes
^^^^

quicker raiden players start doing this the more they will win

GhosT

Noob
^^^^

quicker raiden players start doing this the more they will win
Pig what about the teleport mixups of 334 and b312? You think the safer f2 4 with superman on land is a better mixup tool than teleporting at random times off blocked 334's and b312's ? I know on block its a lot safer with the pushback and you still have some mixup options but you think its good enough to stop using the other two strings completely except on punish ?

I know i need to incorporate it more into my game but i wasn't planning on using it as my primary attack string, but I'm willing to try it

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Pig what about the teleport mixups of 334 and b312? You think the safer f2 4 with superman on land is a better mixup tool than teleporting at random times off blocked 334's and b312's ? I know on block its a lot safer with the pushback and you still have some mixup options but you think its good enough to stop using the other two strings completely except on punish ?

I know i need to incorporate it more into my game but i wasn't planning on using it as my primary attack string, but I'm willing to try it
my advice is only use 334 and b312 full strings in a whiff punish

BookBurning

Voidwards
I don't get hardly any hype in this game. I think I've seen hype for almost the entire cast now.

Except Jade. Life hates Jade.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Raiden is every bit a threat as he has been even before his teleport received that two-frame nerf (which I felt was completely uncalled for).

He's a complete character. He has his equal share of advantages and disadvantages. I don't consider his rushdown something to brag about, but he can control the whole screen with that threat of his superman and lightning bolt.

I could explain more, but I think I'll instead link you all to my post in this thread. Scroll down to post #31.

http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/why-is-raiden-s-tier.9047/page-2

GhosT

Noob
I dont get the raiden hype. I dont even think hes top 5.
Not sure he is number 1 either. I think he is a character that at his fullest potential is top 3. But everyone has kind of said from the beginning he was good yet few played him, I think he is a lot harder to master than given credit. He is however a lot of fun to play as, for me anyway

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Green Tapatalk