What's new

Is Raiden a very limited character?

When you play some1's main online & beat them, 99% of the time, they will go to Raiden as an alt cos hes easy to use, just to try & get the win. If they lose that match, they will quit. Very rarely you will come up against a good Raiden & even thats gonna be a dull match (win or lose), cos its gonna be teleport, block string, another teleport, block string, grab. I just think it depends on how seriously you take online, if you take it seriously & want to win every match then by all means play boringly.
yeah i hate him, he gets allways an fatality xD
FUCK RAIDEN FOREVER!!

B W1zZ

Noob
Might as well rename this thread the Raiden Crybaby Thread.

Or better yet why don't you learn how to fight against him rather than complain? At a high level he takes more effort than you might think.

Learn to read and punish him properly. If you lose to online players that just do the same "boring" thing, then you shouldn't have any problems since you already know what's coming.

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
@B W1zZ

Agreed. Anyone who complains about Raiden (EDIT: being easy) has obviously never tried playing him past that nooby starting phase (Tele, B312~334 superman)
Unless your a saibot player in which case i'm sorry for your loss.

B W1zZ is right. The reason Raiden is so hated isn't because he's really that cheap and easy. The problem is that he has an easier time than almost the entire cast at punishing low-level, predictable, offensive-only, scrubby play. The easiest way to lose to Raiden (besides just putting your controller down and walking away) is to try and just keep throwing combo strings, specials, and jump-ins at him all day long, which is what about 90% of players (in any fighting game) do. To beat THAT, a Raiden player does not have to be very good, and THAT is where all the "cheap" cries come from. Good players (a) don't have trouble with that, and even if they did, they (b) wouldn't bitch since they'd be too busy trying to figure out ways to adapt.

Might as well rename this thread the Raiden Crybaby Thread.

Or better yet why don't you learn how to fight against him rather than complain? At a high level he takes more effort than you might think.

Learn to read and punish him properly. If you lose to online players that just do the same "boring" thing, then you shouldn't have any problems since you already know what's coming.
lol
we talk about online-lagtactics-random-flowchart-pattern-lmfao raiden!
of course is "eazy" to read and punish, every fuck raiden do allways the same, but the thing is: HE S JUST ANNOYING AS HELL, thats the main thing

FUCK RAIDEN FOREVER!!

stop trashtalking please!
of course is "eazy" to read and punish, every fuck raiden do allways the same, but the thing is: HE S JUST ANNOYING AS HELL, thats the main thing

FUCK RAIDEN FOREVER!!
What a compelling argument... I'm convinced!

B W1zZ

Noob
lol

FUCK RAIDEN FOREVER!!
I imagine you ragequit at the versus screen as soon as someone puts their cursor over Raiden, and probably mid match as well.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
lol

FUCK RAIDEN FOREVER!!
Troll alert. Why isn't this idiot banned?

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
I imagine you ragequit at the versus screen as soon as someone puts their cursor over Raiden, and probably mid match as well.

I doubt he quits.

Anyway I don't like Raiden or any1 that has a 'parry' as I like to have decent free flowing fights, with ppl who can block instead of hiding behind parrys & Raiden.

Anyway its only a personal view & yes, I know I should deal with it rather than moan about it, but its not entertaining & thats all im after really.

Enjoy.

I doubt he quits.

Anyway I don't like Raiden or any1 that has a 'parry' as I like to have decent free flowing fights, with ppl who can block instead of hiding behind parrys & Raiden.

Anyway its only a personal view & yes, I know I should deal with it rather than moan about it, but its not entertaining & thats all im after really.

Enjoy.
Not flaming you, but it sounds like what you don't like is moves/characters that interrupt your ability to rushdown and press buttons. For that, I'll refer you to my previous post:

The easiest way to lose to Raiden (besides just putting your controller down and walking away) is to try and just keep throwing combo strings, specials, and jump-ins at him all day long, which is what about 90% of players (in any fighting game) do. To beat THAT, a Raiden player does not have to be very good, and THAT is where all the "cheap" cries come from.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Not flaming you, but it sounds like what you don't like is moves/characters that interrupt your ability to rushdown and press buttons. For that, I'll refer you to my previous post:

Its not that it shuts my game down, its just an easy option & its overused, in the hands of some1 whos not great as you all obviously are. When I come up agains't a Raiden or a 'Parrier', I know this guy is going to spam TP or parry & therefore its gonna be a dull fight.

Thats all im saying.

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
Its not that it shuts my game down, its just an easy option & its overused, in the hands of some1 whos not great as you all obviously are. When I come up agains't a Raiden or a 'Parrier', I know this guy is going to spam TP or parry & therefore its gonna be a dull fight.

Thats all im saying.
Can you beat it? If yes I don't understand your problem. If not I still don't understand your problem.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Can you beat it? If yes I don't understand your problem. If not I still don't understand your problem.
I don't no why its hard to understand bud, so i'll put it an easier way.

Constant Teleport/Parry = Dull fight (whether you win it or not).

Hope that clears it up.

Thats all im saying.
I'm not sure I understand the "easy" part of this. Let me explain something: using a counter move (whether it's a parry, a teleport, or whatever else) is only really "easy" to use if your opponent is doing the exact thing that that move is made to counter. It's pretty hard to make a parry work if your opponent is not doing something parry-able. If you think that you're being easily countered by something, the strategy is to figure out what you're doing that makes that move work and then stop doing it. Then that move isn't nearly as useful. For example, Raiden relies on his opponent pressing buttons for his teleport to be safe. If he throws it out when his opponent isn't committing to something, he's going to get punished badly. Hence, if you're getting blown up by teleports, you're committing to moves too often.

I don't no why its hard to understand bud, so i'll put it an easier way.

Constant Teleport/Parry = Dull fight (whether you win it or not).

Hope that clears it up.
I guess "dull" is a subjective thing, but maybe you could explain why you think those kinds of matches are dull? I quite enjoy them, since it's often like a chess game.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
I'm not sure I understand the "easy" part of this. Let me explain something: using a counter move (whether it's a parry, a teleport, or whatever else) is only really "easy" to use if your opponent is doing the exact thing that that move is made to counter. It's pretty hard to make a parry work if your opponent is not doing something parry-able. If you think that you're being easily countered by something, the strategy is to figure out what you're doing that makes that move work and then stop doing it. Then that move isn't nearly as useful. For example, Raiden relies on his opponent pressing buttons for his teleport to be safe. If he throws it out when his opponent isn't committing to something, he's going to get punished badly. Hence, if you're getting blown up by teleports, you're committing to moves too often.

I guess "dull" is a subjective thing, but maybe you could explain why you think those kinds of matches are dull? I quite enjoy them, since it's often like a chess game.
Its dull because your typical Raiden player just Teleports (whether pressurized or not), then its down poke poke from me (most times). Now this is were it gets dull, after they've tried to teleport then grab or B321 & you've poked out of it, they just keep doing it & therefore makes the fights boring. I know its not every Raiden, but its most of them. I played a Raiden last night who just did this constantly & after I beat him, I picked Raiden & done it back to him just to show him that any1 can do it & not only is it boring to fight against, its also boring to do.

Its dull because your typical Raiden player just Teleports (whether pressurized or not), then its down poke poke from me (most times). Now this is were it gets dull, after they've tried to teleport then grab or B321 & you've poked out of it, they just keep doing it & therefore makes the fights boring. I know its not every Raiden, but its most of them. I played a Raiden last night who just did this constantly & after I beat him, I picked Raiden & done it back to him just to show him that any1 can do it & not only is it boring to fight against, its also boring to do.
To start with, that sounds more like a player problem than a character problem. You can play in a "dull" way with literally anyone. I think one of the most dull characters to watch is Liu Kang, and it's got nothing to do with him having a parry. As for Raiden specifically, if he teleports when you're not committing to anything, you should be getting a combo now.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
I think it should be more punishable cos its far to quick for me to punish with a combo online & i've seen enough footage from tourneys to know that its just not noobs like myself that have this problem.

Anyway enough is enough, im starting to sound like a broken record lol, so i'll keep it all to myself now.

Cheers.