What's new

Is Popeye's Chicken Sandwich Worth It?

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Apparently, good ol' Uncle JBeezY had to try this damn sandwich out! I mean, I did wait 45 min-1 hour in the drive through, ALMOST had to get down in the parking lot because some chicken heads thought they could cut in line! But my Black ass was not having that! So we cut them off. HA! Going through all of that, I had to review it to see if all the hype surrounding this sandwich was worth it. So for those who asked me earlier, whoop here it is! ;)

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
1. Being from New Orleans I should forewarn you that you haven’t really had Popeyes until you’ve had it here.

2. The sandwich is good and worth the hype. However it’s not a worlds apart from the Chik-Fil-A sandwich.

3. As much as I love Popeyes... I’d prefer Chick-Fil-A’s waffle fries. Plus Chik-Fil-A has Polynesian sauce. (The Goat)

4. In closing while I did very much enjoy the Sandwich i’ll Never order it again. Rather have my 4 piece with a large red beans.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
I hate popeyes. Ezell's is all you need. I can't believe this shit is turning into a living meme because people got mad at Chik-Fil-A for donating to the Salvation Army. Some of yall need xanax.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Does this thing explain why I went there yesterday morning at open to find out they were opening late but still had a full parking lot when they normally don't? Dudes were going to be hanging out for another 20 min just to get in the doors. I bounced.

I had no idea there was a thing. Don't really care, I've been sold on the strips for ages. Been munching before it was trendy, and I'll go back when Taco Bell makes some mega-bacon-taco thing everyone has got to try.

I feel like the only people who think it's God's gift to food are people who have never had Popeyes before lol. This is great for Popeyes because it's bringing in new customers. But I already thought Popeyes was fucking awesome, so it didn't blow me away like it did others. I still think it's very very good though. The chicken is super moist and crispy and the pickles blow away CFA's dinky little neon "pickles."

Ironically, I think the new chicken sandwich has increased business at my local CFA. Popeyes can't fulfill the orders fast enough, so all the people just go to CFA instead of waiting in line lol.

Overall, I think it's a better sandwich than CFA's, but sometimes when you're craving a CFA sandwich, that is the only thing that can satisfy it (that sweet sweet MSG). And also Popeyes is wildly inconsistent and CFA is the opposite. The Popeyes near me have rude employees, dirty interiors, and it sometimes takes them 20 minutes to get you a simple order. Sometimes the food is cold. They screw up orders a lot. CFA is consistently clean with nice (sometimes overly nice) employees and they're a well oiled machine.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
1. Being from New Orleans I should forewarn you that you haven’t really had Popeyes until you’ve had it here.

2. The sandwich is good and worth the hype. However it’s not a worlds apart from the Chik-Fil-A sandwich.

3. As much as I love Popeyes... I’d prefer Chick-Fil-A’s waffle fries. Plus Chik-Fil-A has Polynesian sauce. (The Goat)

4. In closing while I did very much enjoy the Sandwich i’ll Never order it again. Rather have my 4 piece with a large red beans.
Since Chic Fil A taste like homophobia, that's not an option for me EVER! I'm cool. But Popeyes is a hella good alternative to those who choose not to eat at Chic Fil A. WHERE MY SMART GAYS AT ?QUESTION MARK? :cool:

I hate popeyes. Ezell's is all you need. I can't believe this shit is turning into a living meme because people got mad at Chik-Fil-A for donating to the Salvation Army. Some of yall need xanax.
I dont even know what the hell Ezell's is. Sounds like a cousin's basement than restaurant :confused:

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Welp its official. Popeye's announced they just sold out of chicken sandwich EVERYWHERE for now. Don't know when they will come back but they said when it does come back, it will come back for good. For those who wanted to try it....sorry you missed out.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Ain't none of that shit worth it when you can just go to bojangles and get a cajun fillet biscuit or 4 piece chicken supremes.

Bojangles is the actual GOAT.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
I'll wait till the memes die and people forget the hype to try it, I'm not about waiting in any lines.

If its that good, then it can wait.
Edit: I realized this was a dumb add on comment after I posted and re-read lol, I mean wait a few weeks, not worth me waiting in line at the popeyes near me.

I was in it lol. I hate lines too, but after trying it then im glad i waited.
Listen bro, I don’t want no smoke or anything, but I think you are trying to justify the time you waited for it by saying it was amazing and worth it ect.

I feel like had you a waited 10 mins you would have been like “aahhh it’s aight.”

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Listen bro, I don’t want no smoke or anything, but I think you are trying to justify the time you waited for it by saying it was amazing and worth it ect.

I feel like had you a waited 10 mins you would have been like “aahhh it’s aight.”
NOT just waited in line, but almost fighting a bitch for trying to cut! None of that shit is worth anything of my time.....but them chicken sandwiches was. And thats it!

I wouldnt say smoked, more like purple nurpled .....to DEATH! ;)
I don’t know man, you never know who’s carrying what these days with all these shootings and other crazy shit happening.

Technology is advancing everyday and it feels like humanity is going back to the Stone Age.

People fighting over chicken sandwiches!

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero

Here's a good comparison by Review Brah about the competition.
I have been wanting to try it but they ran out. Guess I'll wait for the next release lol.

One thing though...Popeyes puts MAYO on this freakin sandwhich???!?!?!?!?!? Def will be holding that crap when I finally order one