What's new

Is my current understanding of Scorpion accurate?

FOXSOLID

Noob
He is essentially no longer undead and the character we know as "Scorpion" is something that Hanzo taps into? It was said that he conquered Scorpion years ago which is why I'm asking. He also walks around generally without his face mask....but he no longer displays a skull without it. His pupils are seemingly normal most of the time, but some shots looked blanked out. I'm actually digging it if that's the case here.

It seems like Scorpion and Sub-Zero's roles have been flipped around.

Dedamn666

Big Poppa Pump
I am assuming something will happen to him in the comic. Everyother thing I have read about MKX says he is a demon who aids Quan Chi in the Netherrealms invasion of Earthrealm. I imagine Quan Chi will send Noob Saibot as Sub to kill his new clan and star things other again. Seems weird his clan isn't a selectable one in MKX as far as we know.

shig

kool guy
I think that's just a figure of speech to say that he left his old life behind. He doesn't have the white pupils or skull face all the time for the same reason why he isn't on fire all the time, or teleporting all the time-- He's just not using his hell powers.

Also, I thought it was dumb that Scorpion was giving Raiden sass about Earthrealm's defenders being dead. I meam, Raiden certainly fucked up during MK9, but Scorpion was never an Earthrealm defender and was in fact working AGAINST Earthrealm during all of MK9 and likely for a good time after, because he was obeying Quan Chi's orders... and why was he obeying Quan Chi? BECAUSE HE DIDN'T LISTEN TO RAIDEN.
Everyone else has the right to get mad at Raiden, but not Scorpion.

ramy_92

http://instagram.com/ramysoli
Honestly the comics doesn't make sense at all to me, I can't see the "gap" between Mk9 and Mkx, it feels like all of a sudden Kenshi appeared and Scorpion is a godfather now and Sub Zero is unmasked and working for Raiden. It's confusing me cause they said It wont spoil MKX story yet it doesn't make sense unless it's spoiling the story :eek: I've never been this confused lol

Dark

Noob
Kind of like Shig said.. I believe conquering Scorpion is just a figure of speech for leaving his anger behind. Scorpion can still clearly use his powers as seen with Hsu Hao. Displaying his face is like something he could always do. You see part of his face around his eyes when he wears a mask. So no, don't think Scorpion is some being he taps into. He's still scorpion, just controlling his anger