What's new

Question Is LC MB safe on block??

LEGEND

YES!
yes its plus, but it can be ducked and punished.

its a risk that takes meter, and flash doesn't have trouble getting in anyways so its useless

what i do like though is it combos midscreen now for 31%. really nice for an 11 frame move that goes nearly full screen

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
If they block the first hit in crouch the second hit will whiff resulting in you eating a combo but if they block the first hit they can't punish

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Can they crouch after standing block the first hit before the second hit comes out ?

MashBot

You're over matched.
Can they crouch after standing block the first hit before the second hit comes out ?
Yes but it's still safe not sure i think 0 or +1, not sure but I know they can't punish if the first hit was blocked standing

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
Ty. So this is not that bad after all.
it is bad.
If they are full screen, what reason do they have not to block low?
regardless, he still needs buffs.
Flash losing OTG's is very huge, its wake uppable. and not very reliable.
its a risk to get in, for a meter, its not worth it.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
it is bad.
If they are full screen, what reason do they have not to block low?
regardless, he still needs buffs.
Flash losing OTG's is very huge, its wake uppable. and not very reliable.
its a risk to get in, for a meter, its not worth it.
I have not that bad result using the LC as punisher and if you have the mindgame you can go for a 30% everytimes you guess right/they dash/they failed a transition coz of the dodge speed/etc... I LC on hit most of the time so the special by itself is a pretty good tool.
I see it like a projectile where Flash is just throwing his body in, he can combo, he can get punished, here is the adrenaline !

The dd2 should gain meter so we can get good damage everytimes we touch on hit. Flash is like Rain or Quanchi, he needs meter to win.

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
I have not that bad result using the LC as punisher and if you have the mindgame you can go for a 30% everytimes you guess right/they dash/they failed a transition coz of the dodge speed/etc... I LC on hit most of the time so the special by itself is a pretty good tool.
I see it like a projectile where Flash is just throwing his body in, he can combo, he can get punished, here is the adrenaline !

The dd2 should gain meter so we can get good damage everytimes we touch on hit. Flash is like Rain or Quanchi, he needs meter to win.
at high level bruh, shits useless man!
I'm almost positive at tournament play it's just not viable..
And yes. RMS needs to gain meter while activating, and then seperate meter for running etc..
I also think he should gain meter on phasing.
If they can gain meter while I can't, thats a bit broken.

Xenrail

Noob
it's far from useless. for one, it's a great tool against aquaman since it forces him off the ground into a juggle combo. Two, it gives you an alternative to just raw lightning charging and eating a full punish. Now you can make it a lot safer once you're mid screen. Granted, the Flash does need a lot of fine tuning, but this is a great start.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
at high level bruh, shits useless man!
I'm almost positive at tournament play it's just not viable..
And yes. RMS needs to gain meter while activating, and then seperate meter for running etc..
I also think he should gain meter on phasing.
If they can gain meter while I can't, thats a bit broken.
I think the LC MB make them respect the LC even more. If they don't expect the second hit they'll eat 28%, if they do respect it crouching in order to punish the MB version, the normal LC will be safer because they won't have the time to react to punish it properly (the normal LC is not that easy to punish for many char so if the MB version adds another threat to this special, it makes it quite better).
This is a bit like reptile's elbow dash, it's not safe, but hard to punish.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I just realized we can dash right after the LC MB on hit to make a crossup. I usually do f3 right after it. It minds opponent's wakeup and you can get a 35%.

f3, 2, 1, b2, 2, f3, LC (and then you can go for another LC MB crossup vortex since the LC MB at the end of a combo makes flash get another ambigous crossup.

Xenrail

Noob
I just realized we can dash right after the LC MB on hit to make a crossup. I usually do f3 right after it. It minds opponent's wakeup and you can get a 35%.

f3, 2, 1, b2, 2, f3, LC (and then you can go for another LC MB crossup vortex since the LC MB at the end of a combo makes flash get another ambigous crossup.
better combo would be

[starter] xx Lightning Charge (mb) xx Dash into another [f21/d12] xx 32, b22f3 xx Lightning Charge

it's like a wannabe GL reset

SaJa

FH_FenriR
He has good ambigous crossups just like his b2, 2, LK MB, b2, 2, ground pound (far), and then f3 reset.
Flash is definetly a wakeup killer (d1, d2 etc..). Too bad the horizontal hitbox of his Ji2 is so poor.

Xenrail

Noob
He has good ambigous crossups just like his b2, 2, LK MB, b2, 2, ground pound (far), and then f3 reset.
Flash is definetly a wakeup killer (d1, d2 etc..).
too bad we can't stuff deathstroke's sword flip anymore. it has complete invincibility startup frames like his sword spin now

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Yeah, but if you do a 50/50 crossup at the end of a LC MB or combo (ground pound (far)/LC MB) they have to reverse the wakeup input. So here comes the 50/50. You also can do like every green latern or BA, just go for the f3 armored to make sure they won't punish a trial reset.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
It should only be used to reversal punish zoning for 30+% or to check backdashes. Randomly throwing it out to get in is stupid. You could also link it in to block strings but it;s usually a waste of meter