What's new

Is Kombat Pack 2 imminent at Gamescom 2015!? - NRS announcement history and hint analysis.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Since the game is supposed to be the "reboot" of MK4, Fujin seems way too likely. For god's sake he is Martian Manhunter status imo. You have a character you know everyone wants but they don't make him playable in the game, even though he has a new ingame model.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I've said it once and I'll say it again.

If they announce characters without including Noob/Smoke with the 3 variations system, it will be the biggest dropped character ball in recent memory.
I agree with this.
IMO, there's nothing to gain from adding any more of the MK9 cast members. LBSH, while former mainers may get hype for the idea of getting their buddies back, there's not a whole lot of sex jazz appeal in using your last DLC slots to appeal to the masses with for repeating recent history.
The first round was busting out the guests and the new fresh hotness. So round two oughta be bridging the gap to the future story/canon-wise. Four characters, each with a classic stage.

Like MMH in IGAU, you start with Fujin. Because an MK4 reboot, like the Justice League, makes no sense without him.
Second, the traditional female-in-the-second-slot slot goes to a good girl this time: Sareena.
Slot #3 goes to a guy whose disturbing design and psychotic appeal will go perfectly with the proven brutal structure of MK9: Havik.
And you round out the final act with one of the most unique characters ever crafted in MK: Noob/Smoke.

Fujin and the Warrior Shrine.
Sareena and the Dark Prison.
Havik and the MKD Portal.
Noob/Smoke and the Pit II.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I agree with this.
IMO, there's nothing to gain from adding any more of the MK9 cast members. LBSH, while former mainers may get hype for the idea of getting their buddies back, there's not a whole lot of sex jazz appeal in using your last DLC slots to appeal to the masses with for repeating recent history.
The first round was busting out the guests and the new fresh hotness. So round two oughta be bridging the gap to the future story/canon-wise. Four characters, each with a classic stage.

Like MMH in IGAU, you start with Fujin. Because an MK4 reboot, like the Justice League, makes no sense without him.
Second, the traditional female-in-the-second-slot slot goes to a good girl this time: Sareena.
Slot #3 goes to a guy whose disturbing design and psychotic appeal will go perfectly with the proven brutal structure of MK9: Havik.
And you round out the final act with one of the most unique characters ever crafted in MK: Noob/Smoke.

Fujin and the Warrior Shrine.
Sareena and the Dark Prison.
Havik and the MKD Portal.
Noob/Smoke and the Pit II.
My thoughts exactly!

Slymind

Noob
There will be a second season, that's a no brainer at this point, if they will announce anything at gamescon, that is another story.

Fujin is coming, MMH all over again.

@edit
On a side note, this is only my opinion, but the idea of Noob/Smoke should die for good, they are entirely separated entities at this point, and should remain so to preserve their own identities.

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
There will be a second season, that's a no brainer at this point, if they will announce anything at gamescon, that is another story.

Fujin is coming, MMH all over again.

@edit
On a side note, this is only my opinion, but the idea of Noob/Smoke should die for good, they are entirely separated entities at this point, and should remain so to preserve their own identities.
I think that the idea of having two characters fighting side by side would be new and interesting for the new generation of MK (ferra/torr doesn't count since ferra doesn't really fight) and could get a lot of buys, plus Noob and Smoke are both revenants now and have good reason for working together. Plus NOOB SMOKE HYPE TRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Epy69zSmallBoys

No respect for Kung Jin
NRS is currently leasing the rights to Spawn. This tells me two things: 1. Kombat pack 2 is a guarantee 2. Spawn will be the token guest character. So 1 slot down, 3 to go.

PS: As long as Rain or Havik is in, I'm buying it.

PSS: Who am I kidding, I'm buying it no matter what.

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
NRS is currently leasing the rights to Spawn. This tells me two things: 1. Kombat pack 2 is a guarantee 2. Spawn will be the token guest character. So 1 slot down, 3 to go.

Source source goddamnit give me source you can't just hype people up like that without source

I thought it was mentioned NRS and McFarlane had a falling out of some sorts

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
I want something like this to happen at Gamescom:

At Gamescom, NRS announced the Kombat Pack 2 and reveals the first DLC character. They say the character is a fan favorite klassic and cut to a screen. It shows Raiden in his Deadly Alliance alt costume facing off against Fujin! The dialogue starts with Raiden: "What have you done with Fujin!?". Then suddenly, Fujin transforms into a rejuvenated Shang Tsung! "His soul is MINE now". "You will pay for this, Sorcerer!" Raiden says as the Shang Tsung gameplay video kicks off. :D

@colt

Last edited: