What's new

Is joker any good ??

Yousef

Noob
Hey there
After the last nerf I decided that cage is no good for me anymore I mean taking out his rising star like that wasn't appreciated at all

So my question is
Since I didn't buy the kp cuz I didn't need it but seeing joker and now spawn trailer I feel like I should buy one of them (just one )
Should I buy joker or wait for spawn to be released and compare them
My playing style is that I'm ok with footsies /pressure since I used to main cage ,
I main cage but I play
Kabal,frost ,scorpion ,sonya and lui Kang all on a decent level
I don't have joker so I can't compare them so please if anybody knows joker's playing style an advice is much appreciated
Playing style , kbs viability , combos and how hard to do are they , how good are his basic attacks / strings

SonBearku

#NerfRaiden
Joker is quite good. V1 gets a better zoning game, v2 is a setup variation, and v3 gets hit confirmable damage off of basically any touch. The KBs are basically the same in the first 2 variations while the 3rd variation is a bit different due to having the kapow move. His combos are quite easy and you have a few different paths to explore with them. Honestly joker has been the most fun character yet. Its been fun having a true setup character.

Denny

Noob
Joker is quite good. V1 gets a better zoning game, v2 is a setup variation, and v3 gets hit confirmable damage off of basically any touch. The KBs are basically the same in the first 2 variations while the 3rd variation is a bit different due to having the kapow move. His combos are quite easy and you have a few different paths to explore with them. Honestly joker has been the most fun character yet. Its been fun having a true setup character.
Which is the press buttons for days variation with the combos again? What's it called?

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I’ve been using Joker almost exclusively since early access (with a tiny bit of Kano and Jade sprinkled in). He’s very fun.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
You were complaining that Cage wasn't good enough long before he received changes. If Johnny isn't good enough for you, then the Joker won't be either.

SonBearku

#NerfRaiden
I'm horrible with names sorry. But there is the whole jack in the box boxing gloves shit into big damage off of this overhead...
Yeah thats mad man. Its good also i just hate how he loses birdboy beat down for kapow. I enjoy having a kb i can save and use off of a hit confirm

Yousef

Noob
You were complaining that Cage wasn't good enough long before he received changes. If Johnny isn't good enough for you, then the Joker won't be either.
I'm not gonna change the topic again and make it JC thread
But yeah I was complaining about cage before the nerf cuz he was lacking alot of things that other characters has , honestly he was great with his good zoning / footsies/stagers / movement / even his damage wasn't bad that's it ,
I heard that joker footsies are good so I wanted to confirm from players who actually tried him

Yousef

Noob
Jokers is a good character imo. Not as good as say Johnny cage or Cetrion imo.He can zone/setup/rushdown but he isn't necessarily the best at either
Cage is still very good for me , but I can't use his rising star that much to pressure now , and that takes away alot of my guess game with outtake , especially that rising star sometimes whiffs both hits on females anyway
So If joker is good at footsies /whiff punish with kbs I'll take him , but I guess I'll wait until I see spawn , I might end up buying them both since I'm not interested in the rest of the kp characters

Last edited: