What's new

Tech - A-List Is Johnny Cage a real deadly shadow?

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within
I checked last 10 pages in JK general discussion, but didn't find information about following things:

1) If you do 113 -> bf4 (with very small charge) against slide of Sub Zero and Reptile or Shinnok's shoulder or Liu Kang's db2 (as reversal) you will get no harm and even probably do some damage + it doesn't require super meter;
2) If you do 113 -> db4 against some armored reversals of Erron Black or Liu Kang's db2 (as reversal), result will be the same:

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
yep matchup issues.... i would say this should never happen... no johnny in their right mind would 113 into SK or FK since they are both unsafe on block normally, so ifyou run across it either they are scrubs or very well prcticed in matchups. either way if they flip kick, its your turn. if they SK thier recovery is so long you can get some Zoning chip on them to level out the small amout thy got on you before SK

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Nice find!! I think this happened to me once, but I thought it was a random issue.
Imo this can only be useful in extremely rare situations as a last resource, if you are at 1% life and you know the opponent is gonna armor.
But in any case, from what I see, if you succeed it results on you being close and minus, or you at fullscreen and minus, Cage doesn't like that...

I Am The LK

Here my battle cry (Meow)
yep matchup issues.... i would say this should never happen... no johnny in their right mind would 113 into SK or FK since they are both unsafe on block normally, so ifyou run across it either they are scrubs or very well prcticed in matchups. either way if they flip kick, its your turn. if they SK thier recovery is so long you can get some Zoning chip on them to level out the small amout thy got on you before SK
You'll never catch me doing the things in this video because if im wrong and I threw a SK out there and it's blocked. I will be punished and basically threw away the match.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Everyone spamming armor on block strings like they're in street fighter mashing dp when getting jabbed, deserves to get bugged out like this.
Make it a general thing against all the cast.

Also, make shadow kick safe on block since it's a high. -8 should do.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Everyone spamming armor on block strings like they're in street fighter mashing dp when getting jabbed, deserves to get bugged out like this.
Make it a general thing against all the cast.

Also, make shadow kick safe on block since it's a high. -8 should do.
Shadow Kick has never been safe in any MK. However I do agree that armor moves are abused like crazy in this game.

MadeOfMetal

You'll never catch me doing the things in this video because if im wrong and I threw a SK out there and it's blocked. I will be punished and basically threw away the match.
besides you have a very solid Johnny cage, you utilize all of johnnys tools and Cancels, even double cancels.
block stun for days, and i still watch others get through your pressure... there is just bad matchups that johnny cant handle... i i think most of the salt towards johnny is just his good matchups. if you wanna beat johnny just use Liu Kang DF thats the definition of unfair.... just that matchup sucks... a Low projectile and a Mid projectile... and the recovery on the two is obnoxious for johnny, johnnys knee wont save him there... D4 what D4? Uber advancing F24 nope take a flame, armor threw get beaten on recovery by F44 into cancel pressure and eventually knock back and more you guessed right. Fireballs

you are the best johnny i have played against... btw you still need to teach me that Ground game in Alist bro: a couple sets? despite the lag ill eventually get it as long as you dont rock me to corner;) but for real... ill be on in a bit

@I Am The LK

despite me having Online frame disadvantage due to lag, and ocasionally being stuck in Mysterious Blockstun from Input lag.... its always a humbling experience playing your johnny.

my connection with you is god awful most of the time, but from what i see... you would take me 6-4 hands sown... at least i know you can beat me despite my constant salt... just wanted you to know that i do know.

if asnyone wants a good match against a Johnny i can vouch for Legend Killer. hit me and him up and we would be happy to play some sets for MU experience:)

i can always learn more

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

can't see a use for this
do you have XB1?
id love to add you if so.. i try to add all Johnny mains. i myself am trying to level my Johnny game further.
im not much for competitive matches, but i still do play tournaments here and there every chance i get... im just dissapointed with Online. and im hinging it ll on KP2.. Smoke or No SMoke. will Baraka/Cyrax/Kabal/Freddy/Alien be in.. who knows but those are my top pics
Sindel, Sareena, Li Mei are also welcome

if so also Add @I Am The LK
i play with him on a daliy basis.. my connection with him is far from ok. but im convinced he would stomp me 6/4 in a FT10
he is a great Johnny Alist and SD
and he is starting to rock D'Vorah SQ and Liu FF

Wigy

There it is...
do you have XB1?
id love to add you if so.. i try to add all Johnny mains. i myself am trying to level my Johnny game further.
im not much for competitive matches, but i still do play tournaments here and there every chance i get... im just dissapointed with Online. and im hinging it ll on KP2.. Smoke or No SMoke. will Baraka/Cyrax/Kabal/Freddy/Alien be in.. who knows but those are my top pics
Sindel, Sareena, Li Mei are also welcome

if so also Add @I Am The LK
i play with him on a daliy basis.. my connection with him is far from ok. but im convinced he would stomp me 6/4 in a FT10
he is a great Johnny Alist and SD
and he is starting to rock D'Vorah SQ and Liu FF
PS4 sadly. My local scene is really weak and online is unplayable.

My a-list is pretty good, can't really compare though.