What's new

Question - Jax Is Jax really that bad now?

Is jax really bad now

• Yes

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • No

Votes: 14 45.2%

• Total voters

Arzumis

Noob
I see alot of people talking about how jax is really bad after the 10/4 patch.

My question is it really that bad?

Sure, he lost his armored launcher but so
did most of the cast. The armored launcher wasnt Jax's only good tool. He still has an armored move that deals 17% with major pain. I still think he is a great character and has potential that is being wasted by people calling him trash.

Tweedy

Noob
He's okay. I don't think he got hit as hard as Tarkatan or Lackey, but he's not far off from that. Still worth using if you've put day 1 time into him.

eexcaliburr

Ancestors... oh, nevermind
Jax obviously became worse, even comparing rest of the cast. Damage scaling already toned him down after 03/01/2016 patch.
Then, he lost armor on overhead DP and now he lost it even on high-hitting Dash Fist. Now he can't reversal some gaps and has no answer against heavy zoners. Major Muscle has too small horizontal range, strange hitbox and different purpose, I believe.
Besides, both overheads starters easy punishable, his fastest mid F3 is10 frames and has gape on block into anything, that hurts him much worse now, without removed armor moves. B1 is 11-frame mid, but has poor range.
So, now people just out-zone him and crouch with mashing pokes, because overhead DP has no armor and can be interrupted easily. His 11 stagger now only +1 and 111 string has gap before last hit. Now he haven't safe armor at all (in Pumped-UP Gotcha is -9 and for other variations Major Muscle is -14). HW is a trash now, Pumped and Wrestler is slightly better.
So tell me,
Is jax really bad now?

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
He's ok, his mixups are still extremely good with wrestler and pu having an armored 22%. Just need to be more safe now and less yolo cause of no armored dash fist

shura30

Shura
how can he be bad if he kept his 50s and plus frames in a meta with no more armored launchers for an easy comeback?

I cant use him anymore because of how i played him. His armored launched threat was great for strings that ended in neg frames. I checked people with that until they were conditioned to respect it

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
how can he be bad if he kept his 50s and plus frames in a meta with no more armored launchers for an easy comeback?
Prone to zoners easy, +2 and +1 off 2 strings is nothing to brag about lol, armor breaking meta was put in the trash after the patch, and meter dependent unless he puts you in the corner. He's still got good damage and mixups with a good (not amazing) mid. I would never say Jax is "bad" but I wouldn't use him unless it were certain mu's. Like ones where it's straight offense. For instance, Tempest Vs Jax. Something like that. Oh yeah and no wakeup

Last edited:

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
hes still very playable i think, you wont have fun in match ups like KJ/Takeda/Predator where its a struggle to get in, but his mix ups let you push through em when you get in i think, even if they are losing.

i only play wrestler tho

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
armored launchers being gone really changed a lot for him since he had a halfscreen overhead armored launcher and it was such a great/important footsie tool and so great when u are minus, every other change is kinda pales in comparison to what he lost there, so he's definitely a lot weaker nowadays