What's new

Strategy - Venomous Is it just me or is this girl OP?

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Prefect Legion would be my new username if I ever wanted to change "Braindead".

It's just so... damn... prefect.
Why thank you...Me and a friend often claim to have done outrageous things to well known people with slightly mispronounced names...because is fun and confusing... which is my favorite kind of fun...

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Why thank you...Me and a friend often claim to have done outrageous things to well known people with slightly mispronounced names...because is fun and confusing... which is my favorite kind of fun...
Speaking of fun and confusing, try doing this in real life: When someone asks you a yes or no question, answer with yes but shake your head sideways, or answer with no but nod your head as if you're agreeing.

Watch the mindfucks and enjoy.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Speaking of fun and confusing, try doing this in real life: When someone asks you a yes or no question, answer with yes but shake your head sideways, or answer with no but nod your head as if you're agreeing.

Watch the mindfucks and enjoy.
it happens naturally with me...because of my nerve damage and shit I sometimes shake my head no without knowing it...and people are like "no what" my answer is always yes...

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Offline competitive gameplay? So against the AI? Or are we talking about PvP tournament events here?
Against other people in offline scenes and majors, where people study their characters to play at the highest level. Where are you from?

Before Playing people on TYM 200 Games in I had a 83% win percentage. 250 Games in I was on a win streak of 31.

Played 3 people from TYM over 4 sets results

McDrizzle - W 10-3
McDrizzle - L 11- 19

@Odoyle - L 0 - 10 I GOT REKT
@The Slaj Jazz - L 9-14

Dominating in ranked means nothing. You think you're a god, then you realize your a fraud. Or in my case. Quan-Free.
I leveled up a lot ever since I dropped Shinnok for good and got used to the run button. Lol

Oh, and another thing.. After that 10-3 thrashing Preon gave me I went on to go 25-1 in ranked. Online literally means NOTHING!

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Although your OP is a little flawed in its reasoning, Dvorah is in fact a ridiculously strong character. Thing is though, there are a LOT of strong characters in MKX so far. So even though she is crazy good, she isnt good enough to nullify half the cast or have a bunch of 7-3 8-2 MUs.

ENDeverMORE

The incredible introvert
Yo this is obviously a troll, how is someone so uninformed that they don't know the inputs for specials, but they know the existence of these forums? Last I checked, any form of fighting game competence to a masher is cheating...

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
For a second I thought this was a Ra Helios hidey account. It's a phenomenal day 1 D'vorah player.
@CrimsonShadow can we get a lock before this thread gets out of control.
I think it'll be ok as long as people stay reasonable.

I mean, we all have to start somewhere. Clearly this guy is starting out -- so hopefully some more experienced players will take him under their wing and school him as best they can.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
it's day 5.
Day 5.
DAY GOT DAMN 5 MAN!

Some characters don't even have their BnB's flushed out and yet you have the gall to call your simplistic strategy OP? I don't even know what to say...

In addition, you came to this conclusion after play 15 games of ranked online play? You have to be trolling.
YO dat salt is real my friend

TPG LiNDY

Therapeutic Gaming
So I know the game is still early. However, with Venomous D I have gone 15-0 in ranked. Basically all you really need to do is bunker down, use blocks, and use the uppercut ability to your advantage every change you get and when the enemy is at range just bug pool them or whatever the ability is called that shoots poison up from the ground. So far, I have not found anything that can hard counter this strategy. The uppercut ability on her uses her prongs/whatever they are and it inflicts massive damage. I am talking insane damage here.

I guess we should enjoy is while it lasts. Because this character is going to get nerfed sometime in the near future when people start to catch on to what is really going on. She dishes out way too much damage, Yes. I main her and yes I will be the first to admit that the damage seems as though it's a bit too much. When someone who has never played mortal kombat since it came out in the early 90's and goes 15-0 with her in ranked and really does not use a single combo then you know there is a problem.

Has anyone else come to the same conclusion yet? Again, I know it's early but....
My ranked numbers got reset but day one I went 7-0, day two 5-0, Day three reset now I'm 19/15. Been venomous since day one, mostly because I feel I can't WG cancel good enough, not that I can't do just as well with SQ, VNM is sick nasty.