What's new

Strategy - Venomous Is it just me or is this girl OP?

So I know the game is still early. However, with Venomous D I have gone 15-0 in ranked. Basically all you really need to do is bunker down, use blocks, and use the uppercut ability to your advantage every change you get and when the enemy is at range just bug pool them or whatever the ability is called that shoots poison up from the ground. So far, I have not found anything that can hard counter this strategy. The uppercut ability on her uses her prongs/whatever they are and it inflicts massive damage. I am talking insane damage here.

I guess we should enjoy is while it lasts. Because this character is going to get nerfed sometime in the near future when people start to catch on to what is really going on. She dishes out way too much damage, Yes. I main her and yes I will be the first to admit that the damage seems as though it's a bit too much. When someone who has never played mortal kombat since it came out in the early 90's and goes 15-0 with her in ranked and really does not use a single combo then you know there is a problem.

Has anyone else come to the same conclusion yet? Again, I know it's early but....

astronout

see you at the top.
it's day 5.
Day 5.
DAY GOT DAMN 5 MAN!

Some characters don't even have their BnB's flushed out and yet you have the gall to call your simplistic strategy OP? I don't even know what to say...

In addition, you came to this conclusion after play 15 games of ranked online play? You have to be trolling.

I'm on x-box one. Guys I know it's day 5. But when someone who has no MK experience online what so ever goes 15-0 I think something is up. I am all for not nerfing anyone but the venemous set up seems too strong whether you all want to admit to it or not. I will just blame it on everyone else having no idea what they're doing. Maybe that is why I am winning. I obviously have no idea what I am doing.

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
After playing ducky briefly I definitely think she's strong, her d4 and her f2 are super quick and I'm fairly certain she's safe on the f2 string? She's good but yo, it's day 5. Chill.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So I know the game is still early. However, with Venomous D I have gone 15-0 in ranked. Basically all you really need to do is bunker down, use blocks, and use the uppercut ability to your advantage every change you get and when the enemy is at range just bug pool them or whatever the ability is called that shoots poison up from the ground. So far, I have not found anything that can hard counter this strategy. The uppercut ability on her uses her prongs/whatever they are and it inflicts massive damage. I am talking insane damage here.

I guess we should enjoy is while it lasts. Because this character is going to get nerfed sometime in the near future when people start to catch on to what is really going on. She dishes out way too much damage, Yes. I main her and yes I will be the first to admit that the damage seems as though it's a bit too much. When someone who has never played mortal kombat since it came out in the early 90's and goes 15-0 with her in ranked and really does not use a single combo then you know there is a problem.

Has anyone else come to the same conclusion yet? Again, I know it's early but....
I'm 57-0 in ranked with Kano. Don't go by matches against online randoms too much.

A few things that is not that good of a strat lol. You can get zoned out by Liu kang with low fire balls. Kung lao's teleport will throw you out of your crouch. Venmous is actually her main variation to rush down. She has no full screen pressure other than a weak low. She can easily be zoned out in this variation. I think you just havent played someone who knows that strat.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
For a second I thought this was a Ra Helios hidey account. It's a phenomenal day 1 D'vorah player.
@CrimsonShadow can we get a lock before this thread gets out of control.

Last edited:

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
I played flawedzilla at my locals , lost (barely) , but I got a full idea of what this character can do , she is very very good , but it's too soon to call her broken , people who complain about a character to early end up condemning that character :(

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator

Base your conclusions upon months and months of OFFLINE competitive gameplay. Not 15 games on ranked. That shit won't fly here.

I've played a few D'vorahs on X1 and PC with no problem. The Venomous i play against usually try the same thing. Turtle and use big damage pokes/chip to win. Just got to open them up and do the ol' bait&punish. Haven't had any problems beating them so far with Ermac, But i could be playing bad D'vorahs

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I never claimed to be good at this game. Jeez. I am just going by what I see. A total noob to MK dominating people using a simplistic strategy.
And we're telling you, going 15-0 online doesn't mean jack shit.
Playing randoms online is absolutely no criterion whatsoever to judge whether a character is good or not.