What's new

Is it bad sport to leave after you win?

So i actually won a match in IGAU, which is something i rarely do. After i won i felt kinda proud of myself, but i did not accept a rematch because i was afraid of loosing. So what i am wondering is: is it ok to quit after a win?

Well I'm sure many people feel the same way. It's not bad sport, if you're just in a quick match. People leave all the time for different reasons. If someone gets mad they are just being a di*k face.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
You barely win because you are afraid. It is really bad sport when playing player matches, except in situations where you have no choice. Just play ranked if you want one and dones. There's a lot of tryhards, yes, but a greater amount of new players/unexperienced/scrubby players in ranked. I get mad because its hard to find player matches, and when I do, they leave after one game win or lose. Its frustrating when trying to get a set in.

Limelights

"The smart stuff"
Lol why do you care so much about your pitiful e-reputation. If you are really afraid of losing then don't play at all.

Why are you assuming he cares about his e-reputation? Losing is just an uncomfortable experience for some people, like myself. I understand where he's coming from.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
i did not accept a rematch because i was afraid of loosing.
How are you going to get better if you don't want to play people who are better than you? How are you going to learn the match ups if you only play people who have no idea what they're doing? What's the point of playing the game, if you don't want to learn how to play it? Record, online wins and loses, rage quits and all that crap mean shit, true rewarding gameplay comes from knowledge and experience, not from lucky lag wins and bullshit shenanigans.

It is polite to allow your opponent a rematch of the same 2 characters, but I wouldn't care too much with lower skilled/ranked players since most change characters every match or don't care if they should give you a rematch either. If you don't want to be avoided by other players then I would advise against 'Running away with that single win'. I try not to fight people who have previously only played one game and quit, regardless of the outcome. If it is ranked then rematches don't matter, but player matches do matter for some people.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Doesnt really matter eitherway, but if your in the business of getting better and better at injustice you will find people who kick your ass online and play then over and over again until you learn. The same should be done offline if you have the players around you.

arydious

Noob
If its a random its not really a big deal. I always try to give everyone a best of 3, or even 5. It allows for the most growth in the match. It also shows if they will be a bad sport or not.

Its annoying when your playing trying to get better learn match ups and someone just wasted your time by playing one and leaving. SO bad sport no, but rude, and annoying hell yes.

IMO Don't play this game or any fighting games if your afraid of losing. We grow from our losses.

Rabbit

thugs bunny
So i actually won a match in IGAU, which is something i rarely do. After i won i felt kinda proud of myself, but i did not accept a rematch because i was afraid of loosing. So what i am wondering is: is it ok to quit after a win?
There wouldn't be an option to quit if it weren't ok.

But it's annoying to other players when they play someone and they quit instantly, especially when it was a close match. This will make people will start dodging you if they remember your sign-in.

I hate playing ranked but the only reason I play it is to avoid players like you on top of having to wait forever for someone to accept after being dodged by people who are trying to rank boost in player match.

IMO the only reason someone should only play once then run is if the opponent has a shit connection, lag switching, trolling, being obnoxious on the mic or playing against someone who's obviously new. I always try to at least do a 2 out of 3 (Not trying to make rules it's just my opinion).

As long as you don't quit mid-game, it is fine.

It sometimes annoys me when I fight a "one and done" player, but I don't hold it against them. They can leave if they want.

Though I'll echo what everyone else here said: don't be afraid to lose. Especially if it's a close match, its hard to care who won.

I actually get the most "GG's" messages from people I lose 8 matches for every 1 or 2 wins I get. Good players respect that kind of persistence.