What's new

Breakthrough - Ruthless Is ferra torr good?

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
You are right ferra torr is very good, it is just that lasher completely bodies ferra torr. Not joking about either thing I said there by the way.

KuralKing

Never forget The Great Ferra/Torr Scare!
For me vicious is still better than Ruthless, the pain and cancel buff was nice but not enough for me to let go of boss toss!

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
...the biggest downside in my opinion is his overhead string is full combo punishable while the other two variations overhead options are completely safe.
Not practically true. b23 of lackey is -3 or so and hit/block confirmable, while in other variations you must always do full string that is more negative and may have a gap that opponent can OS armor through.

Welcome, fellow Ferra/Torr brother! Yes, Ferra/Torr is good! In fact, he is the last character you'll ever have to play. If you enjoy this character, stick with it and you'll have a really fun time playing MKX. The Torryukens and Dinner rolls are plentiful in this community...enjoy!

Rager Da Prince

I can't help my Fiction addiction.
I've only played lackey but from experience he can completely shut some chars down, when up close. Getting around zoning can be tough but that really comes down to fundamentals. Can he/she(all variations) win a tournament? I believe so. Is he/she good in comparison to the current top tiers? You could argue, yes.

Again not F/T main just giving my two cents.

One thing I have not seen F/T users is utilize his throw cancel vortex. He is plus 12 after a mb throw, allowing a free down 1 into a free 50/50. The kaber toss can be cancelled into another pain and gain, and then that cancelled into another kaber toss. He has Vortexes man. He is a monster.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Vicious has made the HQT matchup much much easier for me it has its uses. (Also feather Ferra is the most fashionable Ferra)

MK Led

Umbasa
Personally I find vicious does fine against reptile, grandmaster sub, balanced kenshi, MOS ermac, tigrar fury goro, jax, cyber kano, kitana and pyro tanya. I find boss toss helps just as much as ruthless does in those match ups.

(Also feather Ferra is the most fashionable Ferra)
Fashion kombat is best kombat.

Last edited:

Unforgivxble

Don status KHAOTIC Jink
One thing I have not seen F/T users is utilize his throw cancel vortex. He is plus 12 after a mb throw, allowing a free down 1 into a free 50/50. The kaber toss can be cancelled into another pain and gain, and then that cancelled into another kaber toss. He has Vortexes man. He is a monster.
Mb throw honestly is a waste of meter in my opinion a good setup for pain and gain is let's say you land like back 2 do your normal combo but end in pain and gain and don't run cancel until the animation is done so ferrari stays on your back giving you the overhead option and they will still be on the ground, the go for cross up jump 2 or just run up and mixup does about the same as what youre saying just using a bar for the Mb throw isn't worth it Imo.

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
The kaber toss can be cancelled into another pain and gain, and then that cancelled into another kaber toss. He has Vortexes man. He is a monster.
Thats not a vortex. its a low into a low. he can only do low or throw after a PNG cancel... And u can see the low coming.