What's new

General/Other - Ermac Is Ermac going to be Easy-mac yet again ?

zaf

professor
Its hard to understand because it's not true lol
Thought I was the only one confused here.
Sindel and Zatanna players will probably rock with SpectralMac... I personally cant rock with that variant cause its too Tinkerbell-ish for me lol
Well there could always be more flying characters in this game.
Right now Spectral is probably going to be the last variation I go over. I have a feeling it might be a hard counter for someone with bad mobility or who can not deal with ermac being in the air the entire time. Which might be the only time I use him... Who knows though. Too early to tell.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Thought I was the only one confused here.

Well there could always be more flying characters in this game.
Right now Spectral is probably going to be the last variation I go over. I have a feeling it might be a hard counter for someone with bad mobility or who can not deal with ermac being in the air the entire time. Which might be the only time I use him... Who knows though. Too early to tell.
tru tru... There is a variation of Ermac (forgot which one) that does look like he will be able to do some real nice IASB's (instant air soul balls) .. Almost to the point of Kabal's IAGBs ... Not sure tho ...

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
I just figured when we are talking hard to use, that we are talking about his move set, his spacing, what to use in each situation etc.
The learning curve of the character pretty much.

I was not talking about his difficulty to use based on what characters that show up in a tournament.
OK. Then I shouldn't have brought that up.

But in terms of learning curve Ermac is pretty easy IMO. You don't really need good spacing with Ermac as a beginner, just zoning. Keep the enemy as far away as possible with force push and fireball. Spacing only comes into play when your game is advanced enough for good footsies. And of course he has his high damage combos.

But enough about how he was in MK9. That is history. I made the thread to discuss how difficult he could be to play in MKX but very few people seem to be talking about that. I would love to know which variations people are planning to play and why. I usually stay away from characters that are hard to learn, until I get the hang of the game anyway. That's why I brought up difficulty.

The_Furax

I accept nothing. Nothing is inevitable.
I guess Ermac will have great keepaway tools in this game. I also find his body design too thin. He looks like being much delicate. It looks weird compared to MK9. Also, he doesn't look being so good at combos by now.

zaf

professor
tru tru... There is a variation of Ermac (forgot which one) that does look like he will be able to do some real nice IASB's (instant air soul balls) .. Almost to the point of Kabal's IAGBs ... Not sure tho ...
Yea I saw that too.
It is the master of souls variation.
I was hoping that it would be working like kabal iafb, or like liu kang.
Would be fun to use that tool with a lift haha

OK. Then I shouldn't have brought that up.
But in terms of learning curve Ermac is pretty easy IMO. You don't really need good spacing with Ermac as a beginner, just zoning. Keep the enemy as far away as possible with force push and fireball. Spacing only comes into play when your game is advanced enough for good footsies. And of course he has his high damage combos.
But enough about how he was in MK9. That is history. I made the thread to discuss how difficult he could be to play in MKX but very few people seem to be talking about that. I would love to know which variations people are planning to play and why. I usually stay away from characters that are hard to learn, until I get the hang of the game anyway. That's why I brought up difficulty.
Learning curve, no he is not pretty easy. Learning one or two specials is not learning a character. It is just learning button inputs.....

But anyways...

I do not think that anyone has been talking about how easy they think he will be to play because there is no way to tell.
No one has touched the game. There are so many of these questions floating around on TYM, and there is no way to answer that.

As for the variations, this I can answer.

I am looking forward to testing out master of souls first.
- Looking like he has horizontal instant air fireballs,
- The disappear move
- Soul fireball looks interesting

Mystic seems to be the legacy version of ermac
- Lift looks like it can combo with no meter, giving him more combo potential.
- I have heard that ex push steals meter, which is very interesting as well.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I'm going to just answer the OP's question. It isn't a difficult one to understand so I don't know why he is getting so much flack.

Yes, the beginners and casuals will think he is cheap and will be relatively easy to use at a lower skill level. That tends to be the case with a lot of zoners in general. For example, beginner/ casual players thought Sinestro was God tier.

He doesn't seem like a Zod difficulty usage character. For people who aren't too great or new to the game a character like Ermac in his Mystic variation would seem like the best in the game to them.

zaf

professor
I guess Ermac will have great keepaway tools in this game. I also find his body design too thin. He looks like being much delicate. It looks weird compared to MK9. Also, he doesn't look being so good at combos by now.
If you are going by what was shown yesterday then I would not worry too much.
The people previewing ermac, were not doing ( by any means) max damage combos.
It is also very early to consider his damage potential, they can change him by the time the game comes out.

The_Furax

I accept nothing. Nothing is inevitable.
If you are going by what was shown yesterday then I would not worry too much.
The people previewing ermac, were not doing ( by any means) max damage combos.
It is also very early to consider his damage potential, they can change him by the time the game comes out.
Hope I'm pretty wrong! I enjoy Ermac like a lot.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
So which part is not true ?
There were plenty of people playing low tier characters at a high level. Just because you didnt see them on stream doesnt mean they werent there.

I still fail to see the point of this thread though, filthy casuals complain about everything. I once got a message saying I was a tier whore for using Green Arrow. ??????

callMEcrazy

There were plenty of people playing low tier characters at a high level. Just because you didnt see them on stream doesnt mean they werent there.

I still fail to see the point of this thread though, filthy casuals complain about everything. I once got a message saying I was a tier whore for using Green Arrow. ??????
Well I didn't. I didn't see many low tier characters (maybe 1 or 2 at most) in EVO /CEO/Powerup etc or other big tournaments. So maybe I missed them.

Calling casuals filthy because some of them are prone to whining is very inappropriate. Remember that they make up the overwhelming majority of the game's sales.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Well I didn't. I didn't see many low tier characters (maybe 1 or 2 at most) in EVO /CEO/Powerup etc or other big tournaments. So maybe I missed them.

Calling casuals filthy because some of them are prone to whining is very inappropriate. Remember that they make up the overwhelming majority of the game's sales.
You do realize that literally hundreds of games are played at a tournament and only a tiny number get streamed?

And yeah Filthy Casuals is a patented term, I know you're new but get on with the program.

Fusion_Quake

KH Fusion
EZ Mac? More like Supermac.

Am I really the only one watching all these clips and thinking MKX looks way too much like injustice and not enough like MK?

Weak uppercuts with quick recovery and people comboing out of them? That's not MK. That's injustice. The only thing this game should have in common with the abomination that was injustice is the throw teching inputs. That's it.
wut? uppercut combos ARE mk... are you new to the franchise or something?

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
But in terms of learning curve Ermac is pretty easy IMO. You don't really need good spacing with Ermac as a beginner, just zoning. Keep the enemy as far away as possible with force push and fireball. Spacing only comes into play when your game is advanced enough for good footsies.
That can be true of any character.

Noob: Shadow Clones and Up Knee
Cage: F3
Lao: Tele3, spin
Reptile: Dash
Sheeva: Stomp

You cannot judge a character by the first 30 sexonds of learning their inputs and say they are "easy." Also a zoner needs to have good spacing or they will get blown the fuck up. Spacing is THE most important thing for a zoner. You cant say they dont need spacing just zoning....

Really pretty much every character in MK9 is easy. Skarlet and Kabal are the only two with difficult inputs.

callMEcrazy

That can be true of any character.

Noob: Shadow Clones and Up Knee
Cage: F3
Lao: Tele3, spin
Reptile: Dash
Sheeva: Stomp

You cannot judge a character by the first 30 sexonds of learning their inputs and say they are "easy." Also a zoner needs to have good spacing or they will get blown the fuck up. Spacing is THE most important thing for a zoner. You cant say they dont need spacing just zoning....

Really pretty much every character in MK9 is easy. Skarlet and Kabal are the only two with difficult inputs.
Well Ermac wasn't the only easy character in the game. In any case I tried out 5 or 6 characters at the beginning and found Ermac to be the most beginner friendly among them. Then I went to some websites like TYM and saw him being called Easy-mac, so it all made sense to me. Maybe it was just a coincidence.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
EZ Mac? More like Supermac.

Am I really the only one watching all these clips and thinking MKX looks way too much like injustice and not enough like MK?

Weak uppercuts with quick recovery and people comboing out of them? That's not MK. That's injustice. The only thing this game should have in common with the abomination that was injustice is the throw teching inputs. That's it.
You've been able to combo out of uppercuts since 3D MK lol. #KnowYourMKHistory

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
At the end of the day, ermac's BnBs were pretty easy to learn (true for most characters anyway) but I think what made him feel easy is how much you could blow up noobs while you yourself not being very good because of his high damaging combos.

Basically, it made you feel good when you really werent

He was called Ezmac because ppl didnt know how to deal with his stuff, then when they learned, then he wasnt a problem.