What's new

General/Other - Ermac Is Ermac going to be Easy-mac yet again ?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I take it the people who actually believe Ermac was the easiest in the whole game never played Kung Lao or Liu Kang better referred to as Cage puts it "The Kung Fu Twins" lol

He looks like he has some great pressure options also so maybe good ol MKX ermac can be a bit more agressive than his MK9 cousin :D
Definitely, that low starter looks sweet and safe :cool:

I will still zone the hell out of him lol. His keep away game looks awesome. Can you say stun fireball in trade, teleport free combo? haha Man so many possibilities I foresee!

I think his Spectre form will be used the least, but we'll see I guess right? Flying all over the place lol.

@Barrogh I'm thinking Ermac's vicinity blast will be great AA. Just think if Ermac times it right, he can nail you with the AA diagonal one or if you jump in and he backdashes he can just knock you away with the normal one and that move looks so safe and fast recovery lol. I was hoping they gave him a diagonal in air fireball with similar MK 9 animation but he does have an air one which is awesome so can't complain once I saw that lol

Last edited:

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I never understood the nothing about calling a character easy. There are characters in fighters who are easy to wrap ones head around, but all characters require some form of difficulty to master. One can tell the difference between a good player from a bad one. That being said, Ermac is definitely a character who is easy to pick up, but to be successful with him on a consistent basis is another story. His mystic mode makes him a much better zoner, but I doubt his normal's are going to be superb. His normal's will most likely be a little sluggish to compensate for his good zoning kit and we'll see people drop him like fecal matter from ones own brown eye.

Hmm, Pig hasn't seen this post by his favorite TYM'er? I'll just leave this here : @Pig Of The Hut
Im being honest, atleast for now mkx seem to have better balance lets hope we dont get 8/2 matchups and we dont get 2 trick ponys that trash half of the cast with 2 skills, as I said I do not hate pig, if your in it for the money you will play de adventage u wont play kano in a tournament to win.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
I feel like that's just kinda the nature of his move set. Telekenisis is literally touching without actually touching, so yeah... Free combos from TK suspension vs. people who are shit at reading and punishing = bitching and moaning about how OP Ermac is and how he needs to have more lag on his moves. Nerf away. I don't care. I'm gonna main him regardless because he has that cool as fuck factor, plus low strings now.

How can you tell that, honestly?
They did better with Inj, even tho i droppend the game after evo 2k13, I personally didnt like it as much as mk9, Raiden seem way better than in mk9, Scorpion seem very good aswell, the only character I dont like is Kano, hes normals look slow, Lao, Kitana, Reptile they all look amazing, time will tell tho.

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
They did better with Inj, even tho i droppend the game after evo 2k13, I personally didnt like it as much as mk9, Raiden seem way better than in mk9, Scorpion seem very good aswell, the only character I dont like is Kano, hes normals look slow, Lao, Kitana, Reptile they all look amazing, time will tell tho.
What you're talking about I think is not balance but outright improvement in character design, which is inevitable. Character balance is extremely delicate that must be maintained throughout the entire cast. Something as simple as a poke can change balance. So it's pointless even to speculate about that at this point.

As for Kano, being slow is part of his character. Kano, Sheeva, Baraka, etc are heavyweights who you can always expect to be a bit slow. Ideally, they will be balanced out with other advantages. Similarly, Goro/Kintaro/Motaro are super heavyweights that are even slower.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Well, I definitely hope that previous experience will help NRS here, but that's just hope really. Right now, for example, there are different outlooks on what we've seen so far. For one, we are sitting here holding fingers crossed for Raiden, but not everyone are happy at this point. Granted, damage shown by different characters being out of whack (will definitely be tweaked by NRS and optimized by community) at this point may have something to do with this impression, so maybe that will change.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
This thread is still going? The ammount of dumb posts here is just amazing.
Dude who cares....
people are just discussing about random stuff at this point....why does it bother you so much. Let ppl talk about whatever even if it's just speculation, it passes the time/hear some ideas(good or bad doesnt matter) while we wait for the game to come out

Well, I definitely hope that previous experience will help NRS here, but that's just hope really. Right now, for example, there are different outlooks on what we've seen so far. For one, we are sitting here holding fingers crossed for Raiden, but not everyone are happy at this point. Granted, damage shown by different characters being out of whack (will definitely be tweaked by NRS and optimized by community) at this point may have something to do with this impression, so maybe that will change.
I think they learned from the experience, as you just said, MKX will be the best fighter ever made, I have high hopes

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Wtf is this? Anyway Ermac was easy, as well as other chars, if you were new in the game, but at the highest lvl, no, just no. Judging from what i saw in the gameplay vids he seems really cool in MKX. I hope that NRS will let the game evolve and not bombard it with patches like they did in MK9. If they learned from IGAU, they will let the game evolve.

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
Wtf is this? Anyway Ermac was easy, as well as other chars, if you were new in the game, but at the highest lvl, no, just no. Judging from what i saw in the gameplay vids he seems really cool in MKX. I hope that NRS will let the game evolve and not bombard it with patches like they did in MK9. If they learned from IGAU, they will let the game evolve.
I find it quite extraordinary that even the moderators of a forum don't bother reading the OP properly before posting. If you read the OP it's quite clear that this was not meant for high level play at all, just beginners. But don't worry, you're not the first.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I find it quite extraordinary that even the moderators of a forum don't bother reading the OP properly before posting. If you read the OP it's quite clear that this was not meant for high level play at all, just beginners. But don't worry, you're not the first.
And if you read my post you ll see that i have answered that.