What's new

Breakthrough Is Batman Broken in Injustice?

Is Batman Broken?

• Total voters

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Lower his hitbox on j2 and increase cooldown on trait and it should be ok.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I haven't tested. I bet you could sneak in a 9 frame or less move on his 22-3 gap which is the most common launcher of choice for dem pesky batmen.

But I can confirm 6-7's win. I feel like some d2's may get in there as well if they have good hitboxes.
I regularly D2 him as aquaman in that string. I also think his B112 string has a gap.

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
cyborg is broken, batman is really good, its like comparing nutella to peanut butter, learn the difference!
I haven't ran into a Cyborg that can do that infinite thing everyone is talking about. When I do run into him, I usually beat him with my Raven. On the other hand, Batman is so tough for me. I know I just need to practice and all that but I'm sorry, he's OP. He is also the only character I DREAD seeing. Hopefully I can come up with something with Raven cause I really don't want to have to use Batman or Superman all day just to have a shot at beating other people that use these two.

OZZYGUITAR

Back-dash Adam
I haven't ran into a Cyborg that can do that infinite thing everyone is talking about.
everyone is entitiled to there opinion i suppose, and i do agree batman is ridiculous, but when you face your first cyborg that can do consistent instant airs you will see why its so broken, i cant do them just yet but i still get things like @ermacio "WHAT DO I DO MAAAAN?! THIS IS RIDICULOUS! *sob*" but i used to have a similar mentality that johnny cage was best in mortal kombat because i couldnt get out of his frame traps at first, plus i hadn't faced a legit kabal, and we all see how the tier list came out in the end. All I'm saying is as long as cyborg has this block inf he won't have much of any competition for best in game and that its best not to assume one character is better then another based solely on personal experience, just remember that at the highest level cyborg can touch you anywhere on the screen and you die

jimzam

Noob
I haven't ran into a Cyborg that can do that infinite thing everyone is talking about. When I do run into him, I usually beat him with my Raven. On the other hand, Batman is so tough for me. I know I just need to practice and all that but I'm sorry, he's OP. He is also the only character I DREAD seeing. Hopefully I can come up with something with Raven cause I really don't want to have to use Batman or Superman all day just to have a shot at beating other people that use these two.
maybe u should play good cyborgs xD. i fought a good cyborg that could do those fireballs pretty low but thankfully i play aquaman so he cant block trap me but i still found it very hard to fight and exhausting

No offense but at high levels of play batman isn't broken at all. His strings are easily interrupted people push block and he gets rsped by zoners. He loses to superman and black Adam badly. He's a great Rushdown character in a game full of zoners. Now if 223 was a true string then he might be broken. Alot of you guys are online only players talking about the broken ness of a character on a competitive site. That's like saying doomsday a meteor smash is op but offline it's easy to react and punish. Wait until everyone figures out the batman matchup. He's a solid A tier character but def not a A+ or S character.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
My biggest annoyance with him is the bats trait, people tossing them at me and doing a crossover I don't know which damn side I'm supposed to block without getting opened up, I seem to get hit by one end or the other into a combo.

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
Why does he need range? He gets free jump ins with this bats...
batman have no bats all day, try jumping against aquaman or other characters with good d2 and tell me..
also if you do not have the trait active you will be punished if you try to interrupt with d1.

JaredL

batman have no bats all day, try jumping against aquaman or other characters with good d2 and tell me..
also if you do not have the trait active you will be punished if you try to interrupt with d1.
So do what all Batmen do, crouch with his crouchier than most crouch, which breaks cyborgs infinite its so low, and wait...

No offense but at high levels of play batman isn't broken at all. His strings are easily interrupted people push block and he gets rsped by zoners. He loses to superman and black Adam badly. He's a great Rushdown character in a game full of zoners. Now if 223 was a true string then he might be broken. Alot of you guys are online only players talking about the broken ness of a character on a competitive site. That's like saying doomsday a meteor smash is op but offline it's easy to react and punish. Wait until everyone figures out the batman matchup. He's a solid A tier character but def not a A+ or S character.
I totally agree with you on this one. My mate has been learning my batman for quite a while and he's figured out my crossups without fault. He can block it all online. People are to spoiled.. They can't be bothered to level up on characters.

Raven is soo dangerous for batman. He can't dash out of anything with that 3/4 grab.

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
Raven is soo dangerous for batman. He can't dash out of anything with that 3/4 grab.
Batman jumps way too high for Soul Crush to even be effective. And if I wait to do it on his way down I eat a j2 that hits everything.

batman lives and dies by his trait. he actually needs his trait to open up the opponents most of the time. The reach on his normals are really bad so batman has to get in really close. His f23 has the best reach but that doesnt lead into anything significant. Batman is also free on wakeup. His strings have holes as someone already mentioned. Off the top of my head i know 223 and 113 can be poked before the final overhead. He's a solid good character with lots of tools but in no way broken or imbalanced. There are far more problematic (broken) characters than him.

feedyourcatbro

Meow Lin
He's imbalanced in that his game is built around proper use of his trait. He's strong and has a high skill ceiling, makes him sound like the bar other characters should be set to. He's extremely well designed and, being in the demo, people have had a lot of time to work with Bruce.

I feel like a lot of the complaining is...well...PJSalt.

JaredL

batman lives and dies by his trait. he actually needs his trait to open up the opponents most of the time. The reach on his normals are really bad so batman has to get in really close. His f23 has the best reach but that doesnt lead into anything significant. Batman is also free on wakeup. His strings have holes as someone already mentioned. Off the top of my head i know 223 and 113 can be poked before the final overhead. He's a solid good character with lots of tools but in no way broken or imbalanced. There are far more problematic (broken) characters than him.
He also has amazing air control, B3 and a parry. Lets not downplay.

Epoch Masamune

The North never forgets
When it comes down to his 223 ad 113 strings, I usually dont do them unless Im able to hit with a Ji2 becuase of this. What I like to do is apply pressure with his B112, B113, and 123 strings, but like you said bats is what makes Batman viable IMO. Batman is a solid character, def not broken though.

JaredL

When it comes down to his 223 ad 113 strings, I usually dont do them unless Im able to hit with a Ji2 becuase of this. What I like to do is apply pressure with his B112, B113, and 123 strings, but like you said bats is what makes Batman viable IMO. Batman is a solid character, def not broken though.
Hes top along with superman. That's not solid. That's amazing.

Not broken, but not balanced.

Epoch Masamune

The North never forgets
Hes top along with superman. That's not solid. That's amazing.

Not broken, but not balanced.
I guess it depends on what your interpretation of solid is. Batman is def a strong character but he has problems. Without Bats I dont feel that you would be able to put Batman in the same category as your Superman's, Black Adam's, Doomsday etc. To be honest I dont feel as though he should be on the same category as them with bats. I feel in the current state of the game(which can change being how young this game is) Batman is high tier, but not top tier, which IMO Superman is top tier. Batman is a jack of all trades master of none character, which makes him a fair character. If Batman is not balanced, I would be interested in hearing how you would balance Batman. I really dont feel like he needs to be nerfed or buffed, I feel Batman is fine the way he is.