What's new

Question Is/Are Sub Zero's double NJP kombo(s) worth it?

Enenra

Go to hell.
Because if they are, I'll learn them. They are hard as hell, but if it boosts my Sub Zero, I'll get it done.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
No, because if you get a 22, freeze or a grounded clone freeze in the corner you are better off doing a jip, b121 and then getting a nailed on 212, clone blockstring or a 212, freeze, 224, slide (slide's optional, if you do end a combo with slide in the corner, try using sweeps and d3 quickly followed by d4 to get better spacing if you don't think they'll wakeup attack), if they try to press buttons. Once you get the 212, clone, your opponent has about a thousand things going through their mind. A lot of good players will neutral jump or crouch block to avoid the slide into clone. Always react to the neutral jump with 22, freeze. If you do the double neutral jump punch, b12214, slide combo, it gets you more damage but isn't as good setup wise in the corner.

sz22

Noob
I think it is because it deals out more damage. But that's me. Back+1, 2, freeze, njp, njp, back+1, 2, 214, slide is one of my favorite combos to do in the corner. You might drop it but that extra hit might be what you need to win the match.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Can he do them mid screen? I know he can in the corner and if thats what your talking about then ya I say its worth it. I don't find it that hard and it gives a good chunk of extra dmg.

doomfarmer

unorthodox
In my opinion, it's not difficult to pull off, and if Sub is your guy then you gotta learn to do the combos without dropping them.

Salvificblood is right in the fact that yes it is a high damage combo but it doesn't leave you in the best position to keep pressuring the opponent. However I think in a situation where you need to deal maximum damage, like sz22 said, say the opponent is almost dead and you really want to just finish them off, then go for it.

I dunno man, personally, I use the NJP combos a lot. So again, i'm voting YES it's worth it to learn them, it's not going to hurt. But, I don't think there is a right or wrong answer, and at the end of the day just do what you're comfortable with. *shrug*

Skitzo

Noob
214 freeze 4 224 slide is my favorite in the corner. Can throw in a ground freeze too, they'll probably won't expect that.

doomfarmer

unorthodox
What combo is he talking about? lol njp dash in njp?
He's talkin about a corner combo on a standing frozen opponent. Say after a 22 freeze or f+3 freeze, whatever you used to get them standing and frozen. Then doing njp, njp, b+1 2, 214, slide, WHATEVER.

Seapeople

This one's for you
He was talking about doing the combo midscreen. I'm pretty sure he meant after an anti air NJP since that's the only time it's remotely possible to land in a match

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
It's only worthwhile in the corner if it will close out the round. Usually it's a good idea to end Sub-Zero's combos with b1 2 1 to maintain his pressure game.

Now trying to do two neutral jump-punches at midscreen? Yeeeeeeeah...NO. Don't try to get consistent with that.