What's new

Is Anyone here actually going to use kratos?

Milk

Snake eyes
I'm with Cyke. If you're planning on attending tourneys in any way shape or form, you need to have a back up character, because more than likely Kratos is banned. End of story. It makes sense to ban him because only ps3 users have access to the match up. 360 users can read about the match up all they want, but without actually playing it, you still don't know what you're doing. You can use the excuse "Just go out and play it with a friend who has a ps3" or whatever, but what if you don't have a friend with a ps3? Any variable you throw out, a counter variable can be thrown right back at you, which makes just as much sense.

Kratos needs to stay banned. End of story.

no. i have no idea why anyone would want to play as kratos. if you like mk even a little then any other character is more interesting than kratos.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I often lose to Kratos' parrying/turtling bullshit and honestly it doesn't bother me. The character will never receive any notice outside of a handful of people who play him. It's always the same shit and exploiting the parry to the absolute max. Boring.

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
Banning Kratos is not fair. It wouldn't be fair to PS3 users who took their time to learn how to play Kratos since they have a PS3. So banning him isn't fair. Exclusive characters should only be banned if there are exclusive characters for each console.

Why would DLC characters need to be banned? With your arguements, DLC might be on both PS3 and Xbox 360, but it is not the person's responsibility to buy the DLC just like how it isn't, in your arguement, their responsibility to have bought the game on a console with an exclusive they apparently refuse to to learn the matchup against. Kratos is an exclusive character and while Xbox 360 itself does not, so that why Kratos should not banned.

DLC characters=should be banned like Kratos because the DLC, may be on both PS3 and Xbox 360, but not everyone will have access to them. If you're saying, go online, then here's the thing, thanks to the first purchase award, not everyone will have access to online either. If you're serioiusly going to argue about not spending money to get online or the DLC, you're being a hypocrite if you're saying the same thing about buying a PS3. Spending money is spending money, it matters no difference the price range. There ARE alternatives.

Kratos=not banned because he only on PS3 but while Xbox 360 has nothing, and would be unfair for PS3 players who took their time to earn the experience playing him. So banning Kratos is wrong since he is the only exclusive character.

Banning Kratos is definitely fair. That is not anyone's problem. They better learn someone else if they want play in tournaments and all that because Kratos will always be banned. Does not matter if PS3 and Xbox 360 have an exclusive or just 1 console. It still an exclusive and will always be banned. You would not be saying this if it was Xbox 360 with an exclusive character and PS3 with no exclusive character.

There is no need to ban DLC characters because the characters will be on both PS3 and Xbox 360. All players will be able to access the characters easily. And it is not because people refuse to learn the match up either. Just because Kratos is not on Xbox 360 and is on PS3 you think that why he shouldn't be banned? That is so damn silly. That exactly reason he should be banned because he's an exclusive character. Not everyone has a PS3 and some tournaments might actually use an Xbox 360 for MK9 instead of PS3 version.

No DLC characters shouldn't be banned like Kratos because like I said PS3 and Xbox 360 users will have full access to the characters. And yeah they can go online and get the DLC easily and very simple. And if they have no online to get it their problem. Tournament players have online and will be able to get the DLC. Everyone has online these days so their is no excuse to why they can't get DLC. If you have a computer and an internet connection you can get DLC. Also there is a BIG difference between buying DLC that like around 15 dollars and buying a console that over 300 dollars. BIG difference.

Does not matter if he is only on PS3. He is still an exclusive character. Just because he on PS3 and not Xbox 360 does not mean he shouldn't be banned. He should be and stay banned simply because he is an exclusive character. It is not wrong banning him. If PS3 users want to play in tournaments then they better use someone else because it not anyone else's problem and just because he only on PS3 does not mean he shouldn't be banned. Seriously you would not be saying this if PS3 had no exclusive character and Xbox 360 had an exclusive character.

GNG Iniquity

NO I AM NOT GOING TO USE A SHITY CHARTER WHO SUCKS!!!!!!!!!. AND GOD OF WAR SUCKS!!!!
A) You aren't going to be playing him anyways if you're on 360
B) He does suck in MK9
C) God of War is actually pretty cool. If only Gears would be released for PS3, oh well.

Man you would think NRS would have done some polls to see what the PSN users might enjoy.. It seems like the majority of the MK fan-base detests God of War..

GNG Iniquity

Man you would think NRS would have done some polls to see what the PSN users might enjoy.. It seems like the majority of the MK fan-base detests God of War..
See, I like the games and even the character outside of MK. But holy fuck, they made him just a piece of shit in MK. I don't know if you've played against a Kratos but literally all that's used is his parry, which parries/reflects everything.

Hands down the most annoying character in the game, since nobody does dick with him besides pokes and abuse the parry.

Zebster

How's my volume?
See, I like the games and even the character outside of MK. But holy fuck, they made him just a piece of shit in MK. I don't know if you've played against a Kratos but literally all that's used is his parry, which parries/reflects everything.

Hands down the most annoying character in the game, since nobody does dick with him besides pokes and abuse the parry.
Not only does he abuse the parry but his stupid shit goes through other people's parries (johnny cage!).

GNG Iniquity

Not only does he abuse the parry but his stupid shit goes through other people's parries (johnny cage!).
What the fuck?! That makes no sense. No wonder I see so many idiots with 600+ wins using him.

I just throw the shit out of him, that seems to work.

this post is to funny lol. same shit back and forth the whole thread of why he will never be used so i wouldnt get into that but someone saying they should buy a over priced blu ray player and another copy of mk is nuts. feel free to give me one but ill make sure to hold onto my 360 because i like playing online :) and for the gears statement, id gladly trade gears of war to the ps3 and bring god of war to 360. god i hate gears, nothing but shooting someone for an hour before death.

I just see a lot of spam low slides with Kratos and they do a lot of that move that slows down the game and asks for input. I don't really know what his moves do or are called because I haven't played him really.

From what I can tell he doesn't take much skill though which kind of runs parallel with God of War.. All I see people do is spam a bunch of buttons and hack and slash..

M2Dave

Zoning Master
The good stuff.

- B'n'B combo (credit: Check): f+4,2, dash 1~Arrows, dash 1~Head of Helios, dash into jumping punch, b+2*, 4.
44% of damage. Replace the Arrows with enahnced Arrows to do 53% of damage.

- d,b+1. Think of Cyber Sub Zero's parry but even better. Parries almost everything including projectiles. Tap f,f after successful parry to cancel the predetermined hit and perform a combo of your choice. The B'n'B does 38% of damage after parry due to damage reduction. Parrying projectiles makes Kratos toss an unblockable beam which can be avoided full screen away. The EX version, albeit useless as you can combo after normal parry, makes Kratos toss a larger beam.

- Arrows. Very safe projectile. In fact, safer than Kano's Knife. Awkward hitbox, though. Kratos fires two arrow shots, but they don't combo full screen away. Both hits are high. The enhanced version resembles Nightwolf's. Arrows -> arrows works as an anti-aerial combo most of the time, even full screen away.

- f+2,1 and f+2,2. Safe overheads. Pick up if opponent remains grounded.

The bad stuff.

- Mediocre strings. 1,1,2 has poor range. 2,1 does poor damage. f+4,2 is not safe. Every other string is unsafe as far as I know.

- Terrible "generic" moves. Slow d+1. Slow d+3. Slow d+2.

I think he beats all characters who cannot counter his parry. Those who can counter the parry, he kind of struggles. He gets outpoked easily because of his lack of speed on d+1 and d+3.

Scarlett Viper

Let's begin the witching hour.
I mostly just use him to net coins on flawless victories in Ladder mode*his arrow projectile is oh so spamable* other than that I mostly stick to my Mileena and Kitana with some Sonya.