What's new

Is 3rd variation a joke?

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Seems like they thought he might be too strong, so they nerfed chakram to the ground to bring it back in line later with more data. They did the same thing to D'vorah at launch. Nearly all the buffs she got were just meeting the day 1 nerfs in the middle. Why they focus on and see some characters as problematic and not others, I'll never know.

Seems like they thought he might be too strong, so they nerfed chakram to the ground to bring it back in line later with more data. They did the same thing to D'vorah at launch. Nearly all the buffs she got were just meeting the day 1 nerfs in the middle. Why they focus on and see some characters as problematic and not others, I'll never know.
Problem is, with D'vorah you have high profile players like Honeybee or Sonicfox who actually gives a shit, while the best that Kollector has might be Destroyer. And as I can see his reaction to these nerf, I can tell that he has no plan on sticking with him, nor at least this variation. If even loyalist doesn't give a shit, how can they actually pick up data when there's no one playing him?
NRS got lazy since Injustice 2, I can tell. They focus only on characters that Sonicfox plays. Just look at Firestorm. He was great since Day1, and he even got buffs. Only till the last patch, which is when Fox dropped Red Hood and picked this guy up, did they nerf him, and boy they hit him hard.
NRS decisions left me without knowing whether to laugh or cry

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Problem is, with D'vorah you have high profile players like Honeybee or Sonicfox who actually gives a shit, while the best that Kollector has might be Destroyer. And as I can see his reaction to these nerf, I can tell that he has no plan on sticking with him, nor at least this variation. If even loyalist doesn't give a shit, how can they actually pick up data when there's no one playing him?
NRS got lazy since Injustice 2, I can tell. They focus only on characters that Sonicfox plays. Just look at Firestorm. He was great since Day1, and he even got buffs. Only till the last patch, which is when Fox dropped Red Hood and picked this guy up, did they nerf him, and boy they hit him hard.
NRS decisions left me without knowing whether to laugh or cry
I don't know about Destroyer being the best. Deadlyrebel has been making waves online with the character. He just won a tournament last night, against people like Rewind and Deoxys. That's more than D'vorah ever did prepatch.

Give it time. I sincerely believe buffs will be handed out like candy in the next balance patch for most characters 3rd variations.

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

D1 mashing is the tactic when skill fails !
I’m used to this treatment by nrs so I’m not surprised really. He’s the reptile of mk11.. bola and chakram have literally the same startup.. this is actually laughable; not really pissed
Reptile Was great character . Not Being top tier does not make someone trásh or bad . He Was fine .

Reptile in X was good, not stupid good like other characters but he was still good.

And Kollector's first 2 variations are good too it's just that this new variation is pointless garbage, that's all.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I've been experimenting with Kollectors 3rd for a while now and I gotta say my opinion has changed.
His best variation is mid tier by itself And his 3rd does get some benefits.
Let me preface this with I think its shitty he lost the perks prepatch like being able to convert off his ten frame mid and connect off nearly every String and quite possibly the best Zoning tools in the game.

But it does do more damage than Bola and is a better projectile. It does 17% full screen with a bar and very solid damage alone more than most projectiles.
Its faster than some projectiles and does out trade many fireballs.
The relic lure is pretty bad though but I honestly believe His 3rd is viable.

I do think we should ask for (war quoit toss) to be faster startup (20-23f startup) and (Relic Lure) to not have a gap between the two hits so opponents can't jump over full combo or FB into full combo.

so I get NRS was afraid of giving kollector great zoning and 35%+ conversions off of every button, but now what does this variation have? His neutral game is sad. Relic lure is useless, war-quoit is now 1 frame faster than bola. He essentially has only his base move set in neutral. War-quoit barely has any function outside of adding a couple percent to his bnb.... What were they thinking?

Last edited:

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I
so I get NRS was afraid of giving kollector great zoning and 35%+ conversions off of every button, but now what does this variation have? His neutral game is sad. Relic lure is useless, war-quoit is now 1 frame faster than bola. He essentially has only his base move set in neutral. War-quoit literally just adds a couple percent to his bnb.... What were they thinking?
tHink they are playing it safe since Kollector is a very honest character and useable so they went with tones down over possibly broke in the upcoming tournament. I don't think this is the last patch. We may see one after Terminator release?

I think WQT should be at least 23f startup that alone would make him very strong. But mud tier isn't that bad. I'm very excited about Kotal and Kitana's changes and 3rds
Both have 3 useable variations now and Kotal is definitely strong in Ascension and Buluc

I

tHink they are playing it safe since Kollector is a very honest character and useable so they went with tones down over possibly broke in the upcoming tournament. I don't think this is the last patch. We may see one after Terminator release?

I think WQT should be at least 23f startup that alone would make him very strong. But mud tier isn't that bad. I'm very excited about Kotal and Kitana's changes and 3rds
Both have 3 useable variations now and Kotal is definitely strong in Ascension and Buluc
Lol mud tier is right. 23 frames would be better, but he would still have a lackluster kit. NRS won’t do it, but they should reuse vial of sorrow to make this variation useable

Last edited:
He can get slightly better damage off f4 WQ Toss but that's about it as far as I can see.

Giving him Vial is pointless now since the WQ Krushing Blow got changed. Simply give back the start up frames, keep the other nerfs and make Relic Lure not shit at the cost of not launching and we might have a Variation that's Upper Mid tier and not Absolute Mud tier.

He can get slightly better damage off f4 WQ Toss but that's about it as far as I can see.

Giving him Vial is pointless now since the WQ Krushing Blow got changed. Simply give back the start up frames, keep the other nerfs and make Relic Lure not shit at the cost of not launching and we might have a Variation that's Upper Mid tier and not Absolute Mud tier.
I’m saying that if NRS doesn’t completely reverse the WQ nerf then that move with redundant relic lure won’t be powerful enough to justify the variation. A variation is good and “complete” when there is synergy between its moves, right? What synergy is there between WQT and RL? Vial of sorrow could for example pressure the opponent to roll, which you punish with WQ and then there’s your KB. Doesn’t have to be VoS, but this variation needs another move. (Or bring back 17f war-quoit).

I mean you're not wrong I liked the Vial+WQ synergy and I even thought Relic Lure was handy as it could stop the opponent from jumping out from your Vial setup or using an advancing string

But they made it clear by changing the KB that they dont want to repeat moves (even though Spare change had the added function of doing it in air) So yeah...fuck us for now.

Next Patch I'm just gonna hope for the old startup frames along with a reworked relic lure as thats all I want for this Variation.

travis

Noob
Kollector is in no way the worst character in the game
Every top player who makes a tier list has kollector at the bottom, including sonicfox who states on youtube after the patch that kollector is the worst in the game. If hes not hes bottom 5. Which just sucks bc i main him, im a fan. And i use raiden who is also pretty low.

MuMuGuy

Noob
Raiden is the worst in the current build, Kollector is second worst. I can’t wait to see scrubs that think Kollector is good try to explain why he’s good.

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
It's a huge bummer. Keeping chakram decent would have changed the game for Kollector. Now, it's worthless because it's slower than his bolo, and I just have no idea what they were trying to accomplish with that.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Raiden is the worst in the current build, Kollector is second worst. I can’t wait to see scrubs that think Kollector is good try to explain why he’s good.
If you think Kollector is bad, that makes you a scrub because you obviously don't know whats up :eek:

His first 2 varation are still decent, main issue is f12 won't connect with bola at range. Also b2 is a good solid 10 frame mid but you take high risk of being ass-whopped while the reward is a 20% conversion

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Every top player who makes a tier list has kollector at the bottom, including sonicfox who states on youtube after the patch that kollector is the worst in the game. If hes not hes bottom 5. Which just sucks bc i main him, im a fan. And i use raiden who is also pretty low.
At the bottom =/= the worst

MuMuGuy

Noob
After my break from MK11, I’m trying Squander (V3) to see if there’s something there to make it worth using over V1 and V2. The only thing I have so far is that Relic Lure is safe at -6, so may potentially be used to make f4 safe in the corner (too much pushback midscreen on f4).

Relic Lure also allows Kollector to sacrifice damage to make for safe and easier metered confirms since one can wait before Amplifying to see if it hit. At worst, Kollector gives up his turn. Losing the 443 launcher from AMP War Quiot Toss causes Kollector’s damage to plummet, but the trade off is that the opponent will likely not use Breakaway unless it will preserve the round/match since AMP Relic Lure combos don’t do enough damage to warrant Breakaway.

I’ll need to test to see how punishable any Relic Lure gaps are, but there might be something there since it’s a safe move that one can wait to Amplify.

f12~Relic Lure is a safe 5% chip damage on block, so this Variation might be decent for those that are willing to sacrifice burst damage, Bola trades, movement (V1), and set-ups (V2) for consistency and safety.

Last edited: