What's new

Iron Man 3 General Discussion (discussing its negative reviews and why you didn't like it) Spoilers

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
Mandarin is pretty much Iron Man's Zod. And they made him a bitch for that pretty boy lava guy. A movie is only as good as its villain, especially a superhero movie. What really pissed me off was the promise it showed in the beginning. Those terrorist Mandarin promos were awesome. If they continue this franchise for the love of god let Favreau direct. These other guys don't know wtf they're doing.
yeah those mandarin promos were amazing it would of been better with out that pretty boy fire guy lol they should of made it a serious movie and the mandarin kept reminding me of the love guru l0l

tazzmission

Banned
yeah those mandarin promos were amazing it would of been better with out that pretty boy fire guy lol they should of made it a serious movie and the mandarin kept reminding me of the love guru l0l
see and thats what pisses me off. they do great work building him up as this big scary villain than bam oh hes just a ex drug addicct who becomes an actor being on the payroll of some pretty boy who spits fire and glows like a light bright

ShowboatingPenguin

Nothing gets past the Cold Field.
Yeah, this movie was a fucking disappointment. Iron Man is my favorite marvel hero. I thought they would have more villains instead of regenerative fuck ups, and a villain who turns out to be a joke. I thought someone like firepower or something was going to make a an appearance. The only thing I liked is Iron Man fighting Killian (I honestly thought it would be a one sided fight). IMO comic book movies should have three fight scenes this sorta had two. Iron Man 2 had better fights and character development.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I can't speak on the comparison to the comics as I've never read or even seen an Iron Man comic in my life. The movie for me with having no background on the comic, I liked it. I felt the emotional connection between Tony and Pepper and the dialog between Tony and the kid was hilarious. The Mandarin "twist" was something I didn't see coming and turned out to be a decent story. The VP thing did look like it was thrown in at the last second.

It was a good movie without the cheesy things in it. Pepper should have died if you ask me. The actor was a fall guy for the real Mandarin who was the guy that you guys call "the pretty boy science dude." When he says I AM MANDARIN and is on fire and shit (THAT COULD HAVE GAVE IT AWAY). He has those dragon tattoos and shit. In the comic book the actual science guy committed suicide. Mandarin was a real badass. It was all Hollywood politics.

Invincibeast

Stay Free
I do wish they would have had Mandarin be a serious villain rather than a decoy actor and have Killian be his right hand man, however, I did enjoy the movie very much. I love Iron Man.

ryublaze

Noob
This was the first time I've been to a movie theater in like 7 years and I got totally ripped off...

Beginning wasn't bad, just a generic flash back. Iron Man 2 had a better intro.

That scene with Tony putting on the armor pieces for the 1st time had terrible transition from being funny to what we saw in the trailer where he lands and stomps the ground with his fist. Then he gets hit again and goes back to being funny <.<

Pepper wearing the Iron Man suit was just awkward. Tony should've got his suit and used it to save Pepper and Maya.

The boy was annoying and I hated his acting when he kept asking those questions.

Not sure how the bad guys found Tony after he got sent that far away.

The Mandarin twist was stupid. When I saw the trailer and all those scenes in the movie, especially that scene where he shot the guy on television, I thought he was going to be awesome but they turned him into a lame actor. Only good parts were when they showed the half-naked ladies.

and what was up with that Maya girl trying to blackmail Killian by killing herself but he just ends up killing her anyways? lol

Killian stealing the War Machine was kinda kewl. I honestly thought that that was going to save this movie and I was expecting Iron Man to fight War Machine in the end but nope he just gives it away to the president and lets Rhodes take it back.

The part with the people falling from the plane was so cheezy lol. "hey gaiz we should all hold hands that'll save us!!"

The fight scene between Tony and the lava guy was kinda good, especially with him switching armors and stuff but it should have ended when he put the armor on the lava guy and made it self-destruct. Instead they made Pepper still live and kills him in like 5 seconds...and I wanted to see more War Machine/Iron Patriot action.

The villian wasn't even that good...should've emphasized more of his regeneration ability and fire breath attack which he only used once in the film. Iron Man 1 and 2's villians were kewler cuz they were in suits like Tony was and they were robot vs. robot fight scenes which are always awesome.

Then the post-credits scene was absolutely stupid.

Iron Man 3 was terrible, worst Iron Man film out of the trilogy. I was hoping for it to be good cuz it was the first movie I've seen in theaters in like 7 years and I got front row seats, it was an "end of the school year" movie that my floormates and I went to see together, and it was the 2nd superhero movie my roommate ever saw but it turned out to be an aweful movie. Really disappointed in Marvel movies nowadays...

ryublaze

Noob
Also I have high hopes for Man of Steel and Pacific Rim (the robot movie). Really wanting to see Jurassic Park 4, Godzilla, Transformers 4, Planet of the Apes 2, Amazing Spider Man 2, X-men Days of Future Past and the new MK movie. The Wolverine looks like it's going to be as bad as Origins IMO.

tazzmission

Banned
All will be meh or junk. Being the film buff that you are, have you read Steven Soderbergh's criticism of the film industry? I didn't need another Great Gatsby movie. The book exists.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/steven-soderbergh-state-of-cinema-address/
um i read spoilers for the new trek ( it was released in russia) and wile i admit i never considered myself a hardcore trekkie the 2009 film got me watching the 1960 series and tng and i have to say the new movie sounds fucking boss

fans wont be dissapointed :)

aj1701

Warrior
I can't speak on the comparison to the comics as I've never read or even seen an Iron Man comic in my life. The movie for me with having no background on the comic, I liked it. I felt the emotional connection between Tony and Pepper and the dialog between Tony and the kid was hilarious. The Mandarin "twist" was something I didn't see coming and turned out to be a decent story. The VP thing did look like it was thrown in at the last second.
LOL, me and you are the only ones that liked this movie. From a pure movie perspective for what it was it was good, I guess if you even read one if the comics you didnt enjoy it.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
K... just saw it, let's recap the nonsense and the bullshit.

-Mandarin...it's disappointing, then it gets kinda funny then you think about it annoys you, then you realize they really fucked up. Like you know, a huge fuck up.

-Deviated too much from the main plot with the kid and the somewhat irritating dialogue.

-Cartoon bs...at the beginning when he's testing out the suit and says dumb cartoonish shit like "Im the best" and then gets blasted off agaaaaaain. Or when he crashed into the bus after rescuing everyone from the plane carsh and the suit just splatters UMK3 fatality style with like 50 limbs all over the pavement.

-They made Iron Man look like the biggest joke of a hero ever. How does a guy go from taking alien laser blasts to the face, to destroying 100 suits fighting a shirtless Guy Pearce? Movie should have been named Iron Bitch 3

-Destroys all of his suits, removes his arc reactor from his chest, discards arc reactor...I am Ironman....bitch no you're not.

-Worst post-credits scene ever...

-This did nothing to advance the plot of the next avengers movie

Aside from the house getting wrecked and the beginning of the movie the only real plus was seeing Gwenyth Paltrow in a sports bra and panties, i didn't know that woman had that in her.

fury714

50 Shades of Grayson
I give it a solid 8/10

Pros:

+ The armors. Oh the armors.
+ I thought his new armor would suck but it came through for me in the end lol, has its own charm.
+ The action was pretty good
+ Story made sense
+ Mandarin twist (being a reason for the attack on the pres.)
+ Post-credits scene was funny, more shawarma than Mjolnir.
+ Realistic portrayal for Stark's armor. Just realized the whole armor inside the bones thing (Extremis via comics) was a bit too unrealistic even for Stark's taste.

Cons:

- The kid.
- Mandarin twist (being goofy)
- Felt like a buddy cop movie in the end. Where RDJ and Cheadle shooting bad guys (Shipping yard)
- Trailers were a bit misleading
- A bit too much comedy.

It is a step up (a large one) from IM2, gotta admit IM2 was really just a big-ass trailer for the Avengers. But impact-wise, I'd still give it to IM1.