What's new

Tech - Deceptive Invisibility is Immune to Damage Over Time Based Specials

REO

Undead
I didn't know about this. I found out when I knocked a Reptile player down against the corner and threw caltrops with Erron Black as I went to grab my coffee. Needless to say he woke up with EX invisibility and hit me with an elbow dash. He then chipped me out on block as he was standing on the caltrops for a few seconds while he had 1% health left. GG. This also works with Kotal Kahn's Sun Ray and other DOT based specials.

Check it out below:

Attachments

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Holy fucking shit. Thats awesome. Thank you for posting this dude. Also Are you going to Totfc? I want to get some games in against you.

E

Eldriken

I know the DoT from Venomous ovipostor attacks aren't a special, but did you test it against that?

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
The regular stealth should be faster, whatever property they give it, it needs to stay on hit and block.

I do like that you can take a projectile hit and you won't take damage for it.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
RIP Venomous D'vorah?
I actually gave this a quick test. It's true that invisibility and even normal stealth stop her dots, but they don't go away. If you knock Reptile out of invis before the dot ends, you still get the remainder of the damage. This does allow him to get out of about ~8% damage off of certain combos, but people greatly overestimate how much actual damage Venomous gets from dots in a regular match. Fairly certain that I usually do a good deal more chip damage than dots, due to the way the dots scale making them much better in higher numbers than the maybe 3 or 4 you might get in 5 seconds outside of a combo.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
For real though, I need to start telling all the stuff I randomly find. I knew this for a while now but figured that was on purpose and was known.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
So the theory is:
Since reptile cannot take damage while invisible, the tick damage doesn't revert back the effect of invincibility so he continues to nullify it because he is invisible.

So in theory, if Reptile could have a way to trade hits without losing his cloak he would continuously be immune to any kind of damage.

Good stuff REO.

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't he take 0 damage from the first hit he takes while in ex invisibility?