What's new

Invastion Mode : Season 2 Chat

Afumba

Noob
Yes you do. I have got heap of them. You manly get them via towers, ambushes and secret battles.
Ok, as said before i didnt get any, which seem weird. I had tons of them in S1. Ambushes always give me an item with +5 to a a stat (or +1 to all) And i havent had any secret fights in 500+ fights now +lots of towers. I thought they had removed the secret fights to be honest. Hmmm weird...

They will always put in a "spam" east mode for people that want to just grind it out. What I mean by "harder" is that if you play it for fun and play it by doing combos and stuff like you do in a tower the AI and system are more complex this time. If you want to just press 1 button for a talisman or spam upper cuts they do not stop you from doing that, but that would be hella boring.
I totally disagree here. Me and others are using talisman this season (didnt use them last one) cuz the AI is still as bad. Nothing to do with "easy mode talisman" or spam or not wanting a challenge. The AI doesnt react to modifiers and frequently dies to it, it has a hard time killing you even if you just stand there, it still does totally random shit like you are not even there and the list goes on. Against this AI anything can be considered "spam"... jik Uppercut, projectile spam, Talisman spam, just going ham on the enemy with bnb combos, just doing 111 over and over etc its all the same. It does not matter, the AI cant handle it. The only times it gives the impression that it can is when they have armor and the armor break relic gets rid of that. Mate there is a reason why you dont need to block at all or can beat lots of the encounters even without spending a single skillpoint and not using talismans.

Also people not using talisman to justify a challenge is still bad design and at best is self imposed difficulty. For one because its a main feature but also cuz without it its still not harder/more challenging, it just takes more time. You might as well say "every level up only use 1 skillpoint" so you dont kill as fast.

Honestly you can put 60 into every stat or everything into 1 stat... it really doesnt matter in term of challenge/difficulty. Its a stomp either way, the only difference is time spent.

Due to all this fighting them regularly is as boring as using a talisman or spamming a special etc, at least to me. With the later options i can at least get it over with faster. 100s of fights and most of them are regular fights with useless modifiers (useless cuz they dont matter). Only fights were i can see people really dying/having a hard time is Nitara and Sindel bosses... and only if you fight them normally, without items and went glass cannon. Still hasnt anything to do with good AI but with the scripted damage phases im between rounds.

But at least these two are unique fights. All the fights should be unique and thought out at least like this... And if its too much to ask then just make 1 mesa with only unique fights instead of 6 mesas with hundreds of fights were only 2-5 are even worth mentioning. Regular tower encounters with bad AI and random modifiers isnt it. I'd pick regular towers over this, no contest.

Timers are a good thing I think. Without them you can just cheese your way through... but NRS being NRS they have made it so people that WANT to cheese can. All you need to do is quite to menu and relog into the invasion and the timers have all reset and all store items set back to max.
This doesnt work anymore, at least not on PS5; neither going back to main menu nor restarting the app.

Also its not really cheese.... by the point at which you can farm the coins to make raw talismans more powerful than the ones you get for free you already have completed everything regardless. So you "cheese" content you already cleared... Bottom line the only thing you are really doing is make broken items that you dont need in order to clear stuff you dont need to clear anymore which you could still cheese with the broken talismans they give you. How is this a problem? If anything this is another point for bad game design and forge being useless.

Beside all that how are lots of the forge item prices justifiable? If you buy a raw talisman there is no realistic way to make it more useful than the one you got for free before you finish invasions.

You can forge Legendary items. The talismans is the best thing about season 2 for me. The upgrades are in 10% lots 10 of any item adds 100%.
You can make legendary talisman but you cant upgrade the legendaries that you find. There is a text saying "cannot upgrade legendary talismans".

I know that you can stack them, thats not the point. All talismans i got were legendary, every single one and they are not upgradeable. The only ones you can upgrade are the ones you buy from the shop which have the same effects as the legendary counterpart except they dont have stats.

Lets take Windbreaker as example... you can find 2 legendary ones, one has 3000% dmg and the one you get early game has like 1500% damage. They have 8 charges and 180% duration. In order to make your own windbreaker that compares to them you need 400k or 650k respectively. Its a similar thing for other talismans. Thats an insane amount of coins.

So whats the point of the forge if
  1. you only get "OP" talismans (statwise) during invasions which you cant upgrade
  2. Only talismans you can upgrade are blanc version of the "OP" ones you get automatically
  3. It takes a ridiculous amount of coins/time to make the blanc talismans into anything worthwhile compared to the ones you get automatically...
Answer is... there is 0 point in the forge.

Completely disagree. I buy things all the time. For forging, to make events easier like resistance for survivals and towers and of course to force secret bosses to gain resistance boosters and stuff.
Honestly its like we are playing different games :D
Beside the forge items there is only five consumable items in my shops
  1. Keys
  2. Anti ambush items
  3. +50% resi (each map diff type)
  4. One extra life in towers
  5. Ressurecrion with 50%hp
Thats it.

Also what exactly are you forging? Please just give me an example if you dont mind as there was never anything i could forge that was remotely worthwhile (as stated above with my Windbreaker example)

huh? I flawless them now and then. It is like a platformer, you just need to workout the pattern and play well. A good trick is to use diagonal jumping instead of vertical. It is rare to flawless them, for me at least, but I have not gone back and tried them again too many times as I am still working on completing all the nodes right now.
Sure its like a platformer... like an old castlevania platformer... :-/

Hmmm.. are you on PC? The Ps5 one seems to be bug free, at least I have not seen any?
I am on PS5. Here some of the bugs that i have:
  • some relic affixes arent working. "all the rage" still allows me to block and i dont take extra dmg; "bouncer" doesnt reflect, "kiss" special attack do the same damage instead of double
  • sun do mesa shows 98% complete even though its completed
  • shangs lab mesa show 102% completition since thw first time i entered it
  • career card for invasion is either blanc or has random mumbers lik 99999 everywhere
  • Nitara fight sometimes ends after phase 1
Shrine is awesome. You can get most of what is in the seasonal store from it and most of the rest of the sets found in the invasion. There is actually zero reason to play invasion if you do not want to. While the exact skins are different in there, very similar ones are in the shrine.. so people that just collect coin can buy it out and basically have the same stuff. Also the new speed is a syringe bonus, but I think it would be better if they allowed up to dump in as much as we like in 1K increments and send it all at once.
hmmm most people I know love the new skins. As for the "samyness" this is intentional so "looks" are found in different areas of the game. Exact skins are all over the place, but you can get the look, as in most of the skins in the shrine by playing KL or anything that gives coins... same for the skins in invasion, you can buy similar looks with seasonal koins. This is for people that do not like invasion, they never need to play it unless they have a compulsion to collect everything, which is on them, not NRS.
I concede the FOMO aspect of this point to you but its still lazy though. The right way to do it would be to make different skins for different game modes and also offer the option to buy them with coins via customize menu for people who dont want to play certain modes.
Shrine is just an awful design, always was.

The shrine has also only 65 items for this season. Thats not even close to "most of the seasonal store". After you buy out the shrine and finish invasions you still need like ~250k seasonal coins to buy everything.

I never said the skins were bad just that its a lazy design. Thats a totally personal statement though as i dont like palettes at all. For me my Sub has to be blue and my Mileena has to be purple and bar some exotic exception or event/unique skins i dont like colors that dont fit with the characters original colors/theme. Therefore i am not a fan of this 1 palette fits all philosophy that the season currently have. If there wouldnt be any palettes but just 1 color for each skin it would be the exact same to me.

Thats why to me the only nice thing this season is Nitaras new skin which is not only a real skin but in my oppinion is also her best skin by far (even though she still looks like a teen in bat cosplay, hope she gets a harpy skin or something soon...) Wish they were more than 1 skins per season instead of all the palettes...

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Ok, as said before i didnt get any, which seem weird. I had tons of them in S1. Ambushes always give me an item with +5 to a a stat (or +1 to all) And i havent had any secret fights in 500+ fights now +lots of towers. I thought they had removed the secret fights to be honest. Hmmm weird...
That is weird... but.. there is a "Dragon Egg of Resistance" relic you can buy from Collector. It has a some negative effects but it also adds +50% to all resistances. Equipping it on anyone with natural resistance will instantly make them 100% resistant... then you can use them on any survival as all the orbs and shit are elemental damage. I think in messa one a healing trinket dropped that can also be bought if you lost it. So resistance + heal has you covered for most of the invasion.

Honestly you can put 60 into every stat or everything into 1 stat... it really doesnt matter in term of challenge/difficulty. Its a stomp either way, the only difference is time spent.
Well for me it is how the time is spent. I could put everything into attack and then spam F1 or J,2,D2 or something, but how boring is that? Why would anyone do it. Instead, I have go into health, defence, agility and attack. I also stack resistance... not each fight is basically a AI training mode. It is a ton of fun and I really enjoy using Shijinko as all the different opponents mean you get to easily test all of the stolen moves. I'm having a blast. I think to those poeple grinding to 35 by upper cutting brutalities for hours and I think... wow that is boring and grindy and lame, but man.. it is not nrs's fault you are playing like that.

This doesnt work anymore, at least not on PS5; neither going back to main menu nor restarting the app.
Oh really? hmmm. I haven't actually tested it yet.

You can make legendary talisman but you cant upgrade the legendaries that you find. There is a text saying "cannot upgrade legendary talismans".
Oh I haven't noticed that. You could in the last season... Are you sure it is only ones with maxed out extra stats? Either way I have yet to find a place to farm the "make forging more successful) so I have only forged a cheap bought common that had a 100% chance for the 250sKoin in the weekly reward.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
Just cleared season 2. If you really want to trivialize the final fight, hang onto one of the windbreaker talismans you get. The one I saved was +900% damage. Later on, you will get a 1 time use item that lets you use your talisman as many times as you want during a match. I popped the consumable for Nitara and had her locked into a fart cloud for 3 straight rounds.

Hey anyone have the secret to max out XP gain for characters and Kameos in Invasion mode?
I'm getting less than 300xp with flawless under ten seconds and brutality together.
I used to get 1300xp in Season 1 for my characters.
This is extremely depressing, I'm getting nowhere with character level and don't look forward to going back to first Mesa after completion and doing the same node over and over at less than 50% of what I got before which was already a grind.
If you all have the formula max XP PlZ let me know!

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
You get this while going through the max level areas in the early mesas. I assume this is going to be the go-to talisman for the titan battle.

Really hope they dont nerf this... but they probably will... If you go high enough you can max out a character to lvl35 in like 50min
You can max out a character that fast? Oh snap I think I'm ready to do towers mmhmmm
I have been grinding in invasions I'm getting a pitiful 200xp per run and to make it less unfun I am going from start of invasions to end hitting anything I haven't on my initial run through S2 Invasions Mode, I was hitting Triple Threat on Season 1 and I got 1200-1400xp every time with Flawless and Brutality which was 3 uppercuts. It was nice getting resources and skins for Kameos and Fighters. Honestly 98% of Invasions is so braindead easy you might as well hit the same thing.
Only things that are challenging are Survives to me but that's because I hardly have Consumables for them.

They better not nerf this, I'll FN revolt. I am super pissed about getting 1/3 the XP from invasions Mode. I swear I hate WB, I know this is them trying to encourage monetary purchases.
NRS I don't think would make things like this grindy. I remember before WB it was easy to get costumes and IGC.

Is there any place to know what exclusive Skins are in Towers/KL/Invasions?

Jynks

Looks like you can get "better forge items" pretty easily by doing towers in the middle messa. I've also seen resistance syringes drop here, and been told that you can farm the "infinite use talisman" item as well.

Jynks

This mode desperately needs lore/story content. I don’t really care for the costumes much. Kinda just using this mode to practice my combos but I’m kinda bored of it.
Agree, I love this mode.. but I think it would be a LOT better with story dumps.. even something as simple as text blocks you read like at the start and end, not even cut sequences... would make a HUGE difference.

Jynks

Anyone know the easiest BRUTALITY to for Sektor? I'm trying to do SPICY KETCHUP klue in the Living Forest and I am pretty sure I need to do a sektor brutality (fatality does not work)... but I am forced to admit, I have never ONCE got any brutality besides the uppercut to work yet in MK and have no idea who to do them for sektor as I have not levelled them up.

I know there is a throw brutalty, but I for F1+2 and spam D,D whlie it is doing it and nothing happens and I know that F+K(hold) is suposed to do his flame one but it never comes out..

Any ideas?

Anyone know the easiest BRUTALITY to for Sektor? I'm trying to do SPICY KETCHUP klue in the Living Forest and I am pretty sure I need to do a sektor brutality (fatality does not work)... but I am forced to admit, I have never ONCE got any brutality besides the uppercut to work yet in MK and have no idea who to do them for sektor as I have not levelled them up.

I know there is a throw brutalty, but I for F1+2 and spam D,D whlie it is doing it and nothing happens and I know that F+K(hold) is suposed to do his flame one but it never comes out..

Any ideas?
I believe every Kameo has the Throw Brutality. Do F+L1 then just mash DDDDD it's just two Downs but works every time to mash.
I unlocked it with that Brutality.

Jynks

That is what I have been doing... like dose it need to be a specific health to do, like if the 3rd hit is not the kill it dose not work or something?

Do I need to level sektor up to unlock it?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
That is what I have been doing... like dose it need to be a specific health to do, like if the 3rd hit is not the kill it dose not work or something?

Do I need to level sektor up to unlock it?
yep, you need to have Sektor at level 2 at least ..... the throw brutality , you should do when the opponet has a very minimum health, kinda , less than 100 , and so, once you do the thrown , as soon as you push the thown button combination, start to press as a fucking crazy the down command as much as possible during the thrown animation and don't stop until you see the brutality animation .... doing this, you get 100% of the time

What to do to complete the wu shi Mesa?
It's glitched on line, it's 120% complete and I've never done anything on it lol

leveling to 2 did the trick... thanks man!... and thanks to Bulletz4Breakfast as well for trying to help.
Yeah np
I was gone with my wife, just got back. Yeah for whatever reason you can't do brutalities until you unlocked them on MK1 which is kind of disappointing. I loved the old 90's MKs where you have to figure out the brutalities on your own. MK9 let you unlock them by discovering the inputs yourself. I think X might have to, can't remember that far back.

Do you get a lot of seasonal coins from the towers? I’m about finished with Invasions (working on last two Blood Fangs areas) and have about 75k seasonal kredits. Everything in the store costs roughly $250k. I was able to buy everything from season 1 with no issue at all, did they scale back the kredits you receive this season?

Jynks

Apparently you get around 100K each time you do the big tower thing or something. I have not done it yet... you get koins in KL as well.

Art Lean

Noob
Do you get a lot of seasonal coins from the towers? I’m about finished with Invasions (working on last two Blood Fangs areas) and have about 75k seasonal kredits. Everything in the store costs roughly $250k. I was able to buy everything from season 1 with no issue at all, did they scale back the kredits you receive this season?
Yeah way less this time, and way less character XP too. Unless I'm mistaken, there's definitely nothing close to the Triple Threat XP dump this time around for upping character mastery. Replaying early level fights (even Endurance ones with flawless victories), nets you barely any character mastery XP now. Guess I'm going to have a fair few characters stuck at around level 20 forever now.

Apparently you get around 100K each time you do the big tower thing or something. I have not done it yet... you get koins in KL as well.
That's sadly not the case from my experience, at least doing it only once (it may offer more as it levels up each time you complete it). Was receiving a piddly 16 coins per fight, think I got a few hundred or 1000 at most when I completed it first time and got the Sub Zero skin.

Used the Unlimited Talisman Charges konsumable and War Horn to blast through it first time, however I'm simply not doing it 24 times (ugh) if I can't get more of the Unlimited Charges thing. Is there any place to farm them?

They REALLY need to put previews of rewards next to each fight/tower.

Last edited:

Jynks

That's sadly not the case from my experience, at least doing it only once (it may offer more as it levels up each time you complete it). Was receiving a piddly 16 coins per fight, think I got a few hundred or 1000 at most when I completed it first time and got the Sub Zero skin.
Um... I leveled up Baraka from 0 to 35 in about 2 hours from doing the seasonal towers thing... and got a ton of seasonal koin.. and tons of people are reporting the same, so I am just not sure what you are doing wrong.