What's new

Invastion Mode : Season 2 Chat

How do you do that survival task with the big exploding demons running at you... there are things on the floor as well, but hitting them hurts you when then explode and the task says to destroy demons?

Are we supposed to just jump and avoid them?
I kept my distance and used ranged attacks to kill the demons until the timer ran out.

Art Lean

Noob
"EHT GIB GNAK YROETH" - did someone even proof check this one?

The Big Kang Hteory. So it's spelt wrong, and doesn't actually refer to Liu's second fatality that specifically involves a black hole in space. Really? :coffee:

This season is definitely better than 1. Like the various characters per mesa rather than the same 2-3. The fights are more enjoyable instead of just spamming due to armor. I love that we’re not force fed terrible talisman AND.. possibly the best part, the ability to discard a konsumable rather than having to use them to make space. Also the survivals are actually kind of fun and challenging this go around
Much improved. Also like the shorter time frame (only a month as opposed to 6 weeks).

Would still like to see if they could patch in more cool Easter eggs into the mesas themselves (would be cool seeing reptile in the living forest behind a tree or kenshi and Ermac doing something - more lore stuff), and eventually more types of games/puzzles/etc.

Edit: one change I noticed too is you cannot upgrade a legendary talisman anymore? Not gonna lie I had to boost up and use that fart one on the first seasonal tower to get through the survival modes on there…

Art Lean

Noob
How do you do that survival task with the big exploding demons running at you... there are things on the floor as well, but hitting them hurts you when then explode and the task says to destroy demons?

Are we supposed to just jump and avoid them?
You need to use projectiles, managed it with my main Ashrah but was a pain in the ass.

Really not enjoying the Survive challenges in seasons 2, especially having to flip stance to turn around, god it feels like playing MK Mythologies all over again.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
You need to use projectiles, managed it with my main Ashrah but was a pain in the ass.
I kept my distance and used ranged attacks to kill the demons until the timer ran out.
oh right... lol... I really should have worked that out myself haha

edit : I ended up using Sindel. Ashara is my main, but her projectiles are hella slow. Also comboing it with Serena and "speed kamo" Sindel ability means you can basically spam for auto win. Just stand off the exploding floor, face one way and shoot. Let it explode from the other side. Even only a few points into health should allow you to absorb the damage easy.

Last edited:

Jynks

Just spend sometime in Invasion S2... have to say it is MUCH improved.

1. I like that it is not dropping 500 billion talismans. It makes them feel cooler and more important. Also all the ones I have gotten have been pretty bare, so the forge has a point now.
  2. Being able to speed up the walking speed is a big plus... I think it could go even faster though.
  3. Removing the armor, for the most part, allows a single player experience where we can actually learn out combos and stuff. It is a lot more fun. Having some still use armour allows the variation of gameplay that I think was originally the point. It is good to see it now and then, like on a end boss or something.
  4. Also, I think the entire thing is harder. Spamming points into the attack stat wasn't working for me this time... I had to dump a few into health to keep my health pool high enough to absorb combos and survival obstacles, which they seem to be doing a lot of.
  5. oh and I noticed that the events have a "komplete" text on the image now if it is done, so there is no need to look at the seals anymore on the ground.
  6. Also the random encounters and secret encounters are a lot less. This is good for a few reasons, one is because this is the main source of resistance items. It used to be you would just spam the resistance into your main and by the end of the invasion you are like 100% resistant to almost everything. Now as you get less it makes more sense to swap and use on characters already resistant. For example +15% resistance to Ice makes Ashara -85% but makes Rain +65%. This speeds up the invasion by having less, makes the "force secret battle" token have a point and encourages using different roster slots.

Last edited:
I like what they did with the survival minigames. I had to pay attention to patterns, elemental resistance, and use character moves to win. That one with the laser that blew up the orbs was pretty neat.
This ^
But I gotta say the one in second Mesa was stupid hard for me. Must of redone it enough time to level my character on loses.

I think they improved Invasions quite a bit with Season 2.
Season one had horrible skin colors and S2 has good ones for most of the Roster.
And thank you NRS for removing constantly running into Secret fight/Ambush between every node and thanks for not gifting Talismans every win.
They should increase XP gained for Kameos and your character and drop 25 Dragon Crystals per win and 50 Dragon Crystals every Flawless Victory!
Another change could be giving you more item slots like 25 instead of 6 and having to constantly trash them.

Having to grind through every Mesa again to get to the new content.

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck my dick. Invasions is dead as far as I'm concerned. No chance in hell I'm grinding that mode again
I feel this, and the fact they cut it from 2 months to 1? Not sure I have the time for something so shitty. Also some say it's harder? This is terrible news, it was bad enough 1 shoting everything in this overly long crappy mode, but now we have to actually fight these things and spend more time fighting in something that is not fun? The hell were they thinking with this?

Last edited:

Jynks

I like what they did with the survival minigames. I had to pay attention to patterns, elemental resistance, and use character moves to win. That one with the laser that blew up the orbs was pretty neat.
This ^
But I gotta say the one in second Mesa was stupid hard for me. Must of redone it enough time to level my character on loses.
Resistance is the trick to Survival.... just every time you get a +Resistant Booster use it on a character that is already well resistant to that. So if you get +15% Poison, use it on someone that is already 50% resistant to poison. Once you are 85%+... or even 100% resistant you can basically AFK through the obstacle course.

Also, do not forget a few points into health really helps survival. Putting 5 points into attack or something each level is way over kill and will not make it any faster... I like to put 3 in attack each level and use the other 2 where I see fit.. often in Health.

acowsik

MK fan from India
There was a hero that made a map for season 1 that showed what every fight reward was. Has anyone done that for season 2 yet?
I believe he was working on that. It takes time bro... season has barely started.

Moreover you dont really need a map to finish everything. If you are thorough enough to explore and complete every node, you should only have the area blocked by the final invasion boss key item left to do.

The fact that I was able to 100% invasions with every node completed and every clue solved within the first 24 hrs, its not a must have.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I believe he was working on that. It takes time bro... season has barely started.

Moreover you dont really need a map to finish everything. If you are thorough enough to explore and complete every node, you should only have the area blocked by the final invasion boss key item left to do.

The fact that I was able to 100% invasions with every node completed and every clue solved within the first 24 hrs, its not a must have.
I don't want to explore, I don't want to do everything. I want to unlock the things I want, and nothing else

Art Lean

Noob
The Seasonal Tower this time is not a one run thing... you have to keep repeating it a lot of times. I have finished upto lvl 40 (it starts at lvl 10 and goes up by 1 level on completion) and have gotten a total of 8 skins so far.

Level 10 - Sub-Zero Red Winter

Level 13 - Baraka Slash and Stab

Level 16 - Kitana Royal Flush

Level 22 - Raiden Thundergore

Level 25 - Liu Kang Unholy Heart

Level 28 - Havik Khaos Bleed

Level 31 - Khan of Vaeternus

Leve; 34 - Nitara Hiss and Scratch
Are these all palette swaps of the regular skins?

And it's not a horrendous 18 levels again is it?

And you've replayed it 24 times so far?

:eek:

acowsik

MK fan from India
Are these all palette swaps of the regular skins?

And it's not a horrendous 18 levels again is it?

And you've replayed it 24 times so far?

:eek:
Yes these are palette swaps of the regular skins. Its a 10 fight tower with no TYM. I have replayed it 30 times so far. If you want the Nitara skin you're gonna have to replay it at least 24 times anyways.

Art Lean

Noob
Yes these are palette swaps of the regular skins. Its a 10 fight tower with no TYM. I have replayed it 30 times so far. If you want the Nitara skin you're gonna have to replay it at least 24 times anyways.
Are you able to take screenshots of any of those skins? Would love to see them before deciding if it's worth it.

Is it still full of really long multiple-round boss fights?

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Don't know if it has been said, but if you are at the energy ball Survive in Tarkat (it is a bitch)... go Reiko, reset his points, put all half / half in to health and defence and win.

I put the lazer down at the end near the front of the huge energy ball to absorb it.

acowsik

MK fan from India
Are you able to take screenshots of any of those skins? Would love to see them before deciding if it's worth it.

Is it still full of really long multiple-round boss fights?
Have updated my earlier comment with screenshots above. The last skin is for completing level 34. There are no more after that. The first 2 fights in the tower are usually multi round fights and they have super armor.

Last edited:

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Are the kombat league skins available in the shrine or do I really have to grind the Omni-Man/Kung-Lao DP simulator all month to get them?

Art Lean

Noob
Have updated my earlier comment with screenshots above. The last skin is for completing level 34. There are no more after that. The first 2 are usually multi round fights and they have super armor.
You're a star! Thank you so much, those are mostly crap so I won’t bother haha :laughing:

Afumba

Noob
Just spend sometime in Invasion S2... have to say it is MUCH improved.

1. I like that it is not dropping 500 billion talismans. It makes them feel cooler and more important. Also all the ones I have gotten have been pretty bare, so the forge has a point now.
  2. Being able to speed up the walking speed is a big plus... I think it could go even faster though.
  3. Removing the armor, for the most part, allows a single player experience where we can actually learn out combos and stuff. It is a lot more fun. Having some still use armour allows the variation of gameplay that I think was originally the point. It is good to see it now and then, like on a end boss or something.
  4. Also, I think the entire thing is harder. Spamming points into the attack stat wasn't working for me this time... I had to dump a few into health to keep my health pool high enough to absorb combos and survival obstacles, which they seem to be doing a lot of.
  5. oh and I noticed that the events have a "komplete" text on the image now if it is done, so there is no need to look at the seals anymore on the ground.
  6. Also the random encounters and secret encounters are a lot less. This is good for a few reasons, one is because this is the main source of resistance items. It used to be you would just spam the resistance into your main and by the end of the invasion you are like 100% resistant to almost everything. Now as you get less it makes more sense to swap and use on characters already resistant. For example +15% resistance to Ice makes Ashara -85% but makes Rain +65%. This speeds up the invasion by having less, makes the "force secret battle" token have a point and encourages using different roster slots.
While i agree with your positive list of things (except for forges being useful... i only received legendary talismans which you cant upgrade in a forge) i still think its not really a fun mode. Its better than S1 and still far better than ToT but its boring as heck nonetheless. I understand you seem to enjoy it which is totally fine and i am glad that at least someone gets some enjoyment out of it. As said though for me its an unrewarding slog.

One thing before i start... are you sure you got restiance syringes this season? Completed everything and farmed about 300k invasion coins and havent gotten one. Only stat upgrade items. Also you mentioned secret fights... do they give rewards? Havent had a single secret fight in like 500 fights... Neither did anyone i know.

Now my thoughts:
- First of all S2 is easier than s1, not harder. I played Li Mei and pumped everything into attack and it was a breeze. Furthermore War Horn Talisman kills every encounter in Invasion flawless. With Mileena you can destroy everything except a couple of opponents in seconds (everything into special) just by spamming roll~roll or raw exroll. Fart, Meteor, Scorpion and Jason Squirrel Talisman destroy a lot of the content as well. Resistances dont matter much for fights either and if someone has trouble with a survive element you can always pick a character of that same element.

- mesas dont feel special anymore since they are the same except for the 1 new mesa. Blocking of different section the make it seem different is lazy. They also are more pointless dead ends than in S1. No new events/pathways for old metas is also a bummer.

- Final boss key is as garbage as it was in S1. Either they need to make these areas special or remove that gimmick altogether.

- shops are horrendous. Reset timer needs to go, same for item quantity! Their only purpose is to slow the player for no reason at all. Also all shops should have the same inventory. Make all items available everywhere. Currently you have a ton of money that you cant spend cuz you have to wait 120hours until you can buy the items that you want. Its ridiculous.

- forges are almost pointless, mainly due to how shops work but also cuz you cant upgrade legendary talismans. The forge items are desigjed like utter garbage as well. For example something like "Increase duration by 1%" or "increase damage by 10%"... is beyond bad game design. You need several hundreds of those to even try to compete with the talisman you get from chests. And where is the Dragon blood? Maybe its bugged for me but i cant seem to be able to buy it like in S1.

- invasion currency is almost useless the way shops and forges are designed now. Besides keys there is nothing worth buying.

- survive games are better but the clunky movement makes them still not really enjoyble. At least you are able to flawless them all so someone put some effort into it at least.

- exp and coins are nerfed which is really bad as they were already horrible.

- for how long invasions takes it feels unrewarding to me. Several blood palette skins for every skin/character that look the same and different colored weapons... yay... Except for Nitara its mostly disappointing in this regard. But hey, we can still buy the Sub and Li Mei skin for 12 bucks each, right? :D

- relics on paper look better, but most are still useless or bugged

- bugs... bugged relics, bugged career screen, bugged mesa completition values, bugged lines i mesas

- shrine is a joke, you need 65k to buy it out and almost nothing is really worth it compared to what you already have. Not to mention the time you have to sit there to buy it out

- seasonal items, look too samey, very low effort...

So overall the game mode is a bit better than it was before but as seasonal content its still between bad and slightly better than bad.

Jynks

One thing before i start... are you sure you got restiance syringes this season?
Yes you do. I have got heap of them. You manly get them via towers, ambushes and secret battles.

First of all S2 is easier than s1, not harder. I played Li Mei and pumped everything into attack and it was a breeze. Furthermore War Horn Talisman kills every encounter in Invasion flawless. With Mileena you can destroy everything except a couple of opponents in seconds (everything into special) just by spamming roll~roll or raw exroll. Fart, Meteor, Scorpion and Jason Squirrel Talisman destroy a lot of the content as well. Resistances dont matter much for fights either and if someone has trouble with a survive element you can always pick a character of that same element.
They will always put in a "spam" east mode for people that want to just grind it out. What I mean by "harder" is that if you play it for fun and play it by doing combos and stuff like you do in a tower the AI and system are more complex this time. If you want to just press 1 button for a talisman or spam upper cuts they do not stop you from doing that, but that would be hella boring.

shops are horrendous. Reset timer needs to go, same for item quantity! Their only purpose is to slow the player for no reason at all. Also all shops should have the same inventory. Make all items available everywhere. Currently you have a ton of money that you cant spend cuz you have to wait 120hours until you can buy the items that you want. Its ridiculous.
Timers are a good thing I think. Without them you can just cheese your way through... but NRS being NRS they have made it so people that WANT to cheese can. All you need to do is quite to menu and relog into the invasion and the timers have all reset and all store items set back to max.

forges are almost pointless, mainly due to how shops work but also cuz you cant upgrade legendary talismans. The forge items are designed like utter garbage as well. For example something like "Increase duration by 1%" or "increase damage by 10%"... is beyond bad game design. You need several hundreds of those to even try to compete with the talisman you get from chests. And where is the Dragon blood? Maybe its bugged for me but i cant seem to be able to buy it like in S1.
You can forge Legendary items. The talismans is the best thing about season 2 for me. The upgrades are in 10% lots 10 of any item adds 100%.

invasion currency is almost useless the way shops and forges are designed now. Besides keys there is nothing worth buying.
Completely disagree. I buy things all the time. For forging, to make events easier like resistance for survivals and towers and of course to force secret bosses to gain resistance boosters and stuff.

survive games are better but the clunky movement makes them still not really enjoyble. At least you are able to flawless them all so someone put some effort into it at least.
huh? I flawless them now and then. It is like a platformer, you just need to workout the pattern and play well. A good trick is to use diagonal jumping instead of vertical. It is rare to flawless them, for me at least, but I have not gone back and tried them again too many times as I am still working on completing all the nodes right now.

relics on paper look better, but most are still useless or bugged
Yeah they are a lot better, not found a single one bugged yet though. The +damage to vulnerable and ignore armour is probably the most useful I have found so far.

bugs... bugged relics, bugged career screen, bugged mesa completition values, bugged lines i mesas
Hmmm.. are you on PC? The Ps5 one seems to be bug free, at least I have not seen any?

shrine is a joke, you need 65k to buy it out and almost nothing is really worth it compared to what you already have. Not to mention the time you have to sit there to buy it out
Shrine is awesome. You can get most of what is in the seasonal store from it and most of the rest of the sets found in the invasion. There is actually zero reason to play invasion if you do not want to. While the exact skins are different in there, very similar ones are in the shrine.. so people that just collect coin can buy it out and basically have the same stuff. Also the new speed is a syringe bonus, but I think it would be better if they allowed up to dump in as much as we like in 1K increments and send it all at once.

seasonal items, look too samey, very low effort
hmmm most people I know love the new skins. As for the "samyness" this is intentional so "looks" are found in different areas of the game. Exact skins are all over the place, but you can get the look, as in most of the skins in the shrine by playing KL or anything that gives coins... same for the skins in invasion, you can buy similar looks with seasonal koins. This is for people that do not like invasion, they never need to play it unless they have a compulsion to collect everything, which is on them, not NRS.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Jynks

Another awesome QOL fix for people that like Invasion! (I wish)

Last edited: