What's new

Invastion Mode : Season 2 Chat

ItsYaBoi

Noob
I’ll leave Invasions being a dogshit mode/the worst mode ever invented by NRS out of this thread.

On topic, I like the Nitara skin. It’s quality. Wish she had an eyepatch though. Also can’t stand Megan Fox’s voice acting, which like you, almost puts me off playing her.

NRS gotta get that Z list celebrity clout though instead of hiring some top VO talent (I guarantee not one person on this planet bought MK1 simply because Megan Fox is in it. Fact)

As someone that enjoys invasion mode I wanted to have a new place to talk about it besides the hate thread.

Final Boss Skin.... looks dope AF.

I really like Nitara, but the voice is so hard on the ears I just can't seem to get into her! lol. Real shame.
I also enjoy Invasions, and don't find it anywhere near the "grind" that people make it out to be. Currently I'm about 65% of the way through the second Mesa.

The Nitara skin, is it her Order of Darkness skin, or is that her "Deadly Alliance" skin?

I think Invasions is a fun diversion, and season 2 is better so far. I can at least practice combos this time around because the opponents aren't armored and I don't have a million rockets and portals interrupting me. I do wish that playing Invasions taught you do be better at the game though. Like some match where you only do damage by punishing an unsafe string or something like that.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Yeah Season 2 is even better than the 1st one, which is saying a lot. Super fun mode.

The Nitara skin, is it her Order of Darkness skin, or is that her "Deadly Alliance" skin?
Not sure.... I haven't made it through it all yet.... I just saw it linked.

Having to grind through every Mesa again to get to the new content Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck my dick. Invasions is dead as far as I'm concerned. No chance in hell I'm grinding that mode again
let us enjoy things.... we do not all have to have the same taste.... there is a gigantic other thread to bitch and moan and whine.. let the people that like it have a place as well without all the vitriol

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I think Invasions is a fun diversion, and season 2 is better so far. I can at least practice combos this time around because the opponents aren't armored and I don't have a million rockets and portals interrupting me. I do wish that playing Invasions taught you do be better at the game though. Like some match where you only do damage by punishing an unsafe string or something like that.
I do think the agility mechanic is kind interesting, where they slow down some of the opponents attacks. Maybe not perfect for noobs but I think it helps you learn the reactions when you get to see the move be slower

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
The removal of the armor has helped save this mode and changed it entirely. As least you can practice combos and play with other characters in a meaningful way. Before you would just have to spam a couple of moves every encounter.

Like some match where you only do damage by punishing an unsafe string or something like that.
This would really be awesome and make the mode more useful.

Removing the majority of armored opponents and the increased run speed have definitely made the slog of getting through the season much easier. I'm on my third Mesa already after a few hours of play. Took me a whole week to get through last season. Here's some klues I've been able to figure out so far and how I unlocked them.

Edit: I also like how Relics are actually interesting and have real use to them now.

(Fire Temple) BODY BLENDER = Kenshi's blender Fatality
(Fire Temple) SPLISH SPLASH = Rain's 112 Brutality
(Sun Do) KRAZY BATSHIT = Nitara's KomBAT Fatality
(Sun Do) HOME RUN = Darrius Kameo Fatality
(Living Forest) BESOS (no clue what that spells) = Sonya Kameo Fatality
(Living Forest) SPICY KETCHUP = Sektor's Flamethrower Kameo Brutality

Last edited:

NoCharge

Noob
Removing the majority of armored opponents and the increased run speed have definitely made the slog of getting through the season much easier. I'm on my third Mesa already after a few hours of play. Took me a whole week to get through last season. Here's some klues I've been able to figure out so far and how I unlocked them.

Edit: I also like how Relics are actually interesting and have real use to them now.

(Fire Temple) BODY BLENDER = Kenshi's blender Fatality
(Fire Temple) SPLISH SPLASH = Rain's 112 Brutality
(Sun Do) KRAZY BATSHIT = Nitara's KomBAT Fatality
(Sun Do) HOME RUN = Darrius Kameo Fatality
(Living Forest) BESOS (no clue what that spells) = Sonya Kameo Fatality
(Living Forest) SPICY KETCHUP = Sektor's Flamethrower Kameo Brutality
Hiw to do rains brutality?

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
So it looks like I kept the War Horn talisman from Titan Baraka but only that one, did they say how the carry over worked for Talismans?

acowsik

MK fan from India
I have finished invasions with 100% on all the main mesas and completed all the invasion clues... below are the other ones not mentioned in your comment @GeoffBedlam

EHT GIB GNAK YROETH - Finish the match with Liu Kang's First Fatality
PCAM TOBO - Finish the match with Jax's Fatality
MIND BLOWN - Finish the match with Motaro's Fatality
A4B4D4E4 - Finish match with Stryker fatality
BRUTAL BUDDY - Finish match with any kameo brutality / fatality
ROFST BTEITN - Finish match with Frost brutality
PHI PHO WIRRAOR - Jump at least 25 to 30 times or more with Reiko

acowsik

MK fan from India
As someone that enjoys invasion mode I wanted to have a new place to talk about it besides the hate thread.

Final Boss Skin.... looks dope AF.

I really like Nitara, but the voice is so hard on the ears I just can't seem to get into her! lol. Real shame.
If you have the char mastered fully, the invasion boss skin also gets gold and silver palettes unlocked.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Okay after actually sinking more time into season 2 I’ve gotta say I’m enjoying it much more. It’s still not a super great mode but they’re heading in the right direction with some changes so far. I mean the simple fact is I’m enjoying it a bit now and not constantly feeling pissed/disappointed when I play it, so that’s something lol

Digestia

Noob
Okay after actually sinking more time into season 2 I’ve gotta say I’m enjoying it much more. It’s still not a super great mode but they’re heading in the right direction with some changes so far. I mean the simple fact is I’m enjoying it a bit now and not constantly feeling pissed/disappointed when I play it, so that’s something lol
Conditioning successful

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
How do you do that survival task with the big exploding demons running at you... there are things on the floor as well, but hitting them hurts you when then explode and the task says to destroy demons?

Are we supposed to just jump and avoid them?

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
i do like this skin. I actually like this much better than the default and I do think Megan Fox probably could have done a better voice with proper direction from the Voice Talent director or at least some modulation. Her beehive top looks like Circe from Wonder Woman or like bumble bees are going to fly out of it but it is similar to her og outfit.