What's new

Introduce me to Reptile

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Hay guyse,i'd like to try reptile but don't quite know how to use him.

my characters right now are Subzero,Shang and Scorpion

i like being able to AA (problem?),have decent spacing and like mindfucks,but he seems slow.

His walking and dash are terrible. Backwards walk is good though. His mobility comes from elbow dash though.

Reptile is all about spacing. Staying in that sweet zone where the dash is a threat is where you make your opponent nervous.

He's got good footsies, and d4 acid hand is the best poke in the game in my opinion.

His combos are relatively easy once you get the njp down. He gets decent damage and can end combos in a staggering number of ways to continue pressure or zone.

Obviously elbow dash is an amazing punisher and is all around one of the best moves in the game. You can get out of pressure, avoid Jip, or screw with your opponents wake up game by double and triple dashing.

So much can be done with him. In my opinion he is the most fun character to play.

Also the reptile community is extremely active, helpful, and generally Rad.
Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Oh, aa is a mixed bag with him. Ex force balls are great if you anticipate jumps. 2 is a decent anti air but you need to be quick on the trigger as it is 11 frames. 2 fastball 32 slowball 321 ender of choice is his best anti air. You can also do d4 forceball.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

The problem with the AA for reptile is the fact that he has to not block right when your opponent off the ground. So if you are holding block and your opponent is off the ground, you will get blown up if you use the 2 AA

So if you are blocking and they are off, you need to commit to the block or if you fast enough you can command dash out in time

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
His walking and dash are terrible. Backwards walk is good though. His mobility comes from elbow dash though.
His walking isn't bad. It's the fastest in the game when he gets up to speed. It's just getting there.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Introduce me to Reptile
Hey Reptile, this is my friend Qwark.

I know you've been a little bummed out recently about being the only living member of your race and all, but I think you and him could get along pretty well, and I think having a friend right now could be a really good thing for you.

You should really put some effort into not melting him alive or ripping his head off with your tongue this time, I think that was sort of the deciding factor for the last few people I introduced you to...

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Hey Reptile, this is my friend Qwark.

I know you've been a little bummed out recently about being the only living member of your race and all, but I think you and him could get along pretty well, and I think having a friend right now could be a really good thing for you.

You should really put some effort into not melting him alive or ripping his head off with your tongue this time, I think that was sort of the deciding factor for the last few people I introduced you to...
Could you ask him if he could take me out on a date?that long tongue of his can be put into good use.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Could you ask him if he could take me out on a date?that long tongue of his can be put into good use.
Remember, he doesn't swallow. He chomp chomp hisses.

On a serious note, Reptile is a great character with a plethora of tools, I never feel that my options are truly limited. Don't forget that EX elbow dash is +5 on block. He's deceptively good up close.