What's new

Interview with Xbox Live's Major Nelson About XboxOne By Reddit

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Could we plug in a PC into the XB1?
I have to constantly switch the inputs from my monitor to alternate between the PC and Xbox.
That would be pretty cool actually.
Pretty sure he says that in the interview

Bottom line is the XB1 works great for people who want what it provides, and if you dont then simply go to PS4. Personally the fact that PS$ is 100$ cheaper is the only reason I need to jump on that bandwagon, what with college coming up.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Can secondary members use credit cards to purchase Xbox LIVE content?

No. Secondary members cannot add a credit or debit card to their Xbox LIVE account. Only the primary Family Pack member can purchase points, making it easier for a parent to manage their family’s entertainment budget.

The Xbox LIVE account used to purchase a Gold Family Pack membership is the primary Family Pack account. All other Xbox LIVE accounts associated with the Family Pack membership are secondary accounts.

When you add a family member to an Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack, you have to add it to the same console as the primary account holder. However, after you add that family member to your Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack, they can recover their account on a different console and still remain a part of the Family Pack.

Note The family member does have to remain in same country as the primary account holder

Suddenly, the family pack isn't that great...

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I can not be the other dude around here who doesn't want to be bothered by tv while playing games and be bothered by games while watching tv or a movie!?

Look, when I sit down to watch GoT or Breaking Bad that was my fucking intention. I believe they think people are just sitting on the couch all day waiting to be invited to an xbl group or something.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Xboxone won't have any connectivity in africa, Africa is full of black people, therefore, that must mean that microsoft doesnt like black people.

Microsoft is racist!!! >:V

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Can secondary members use credit cards to purchase Xbox LIVE content?

No. Secondary members cannot add a credit or debit card to their Xbox LIVE account. Only the primary Family Pack member can purchase points, making it easier for a parent to manage their family’s entertainment budget.

The Xbox LIVE account used to purchase a Gold Family Pack membership is the primary Family Pack account. All other Xbox LIVE accounts associated with the Family Pack membership are secondary accounts.

When you add a family member to an Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack, you have to add it to the same console as the primary account holder. However, after you add that family member to your Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack, they can recover their account on a different console and still remain a part of the Family Pack.

Note The family member does have to remain in same country as the primary account holder

Suddenly, the family pack isn't that great...
Clearly you do not have kids that are gamers.. This is VERY smart and will appeal to many parents with gamer kids...

I can not be the other dude around here who doesn't want to be bothered by tv while playing games and be bothered by games while watching tv or a movie!?

Look, when I sit down to watch GoT or Breaking Bad that was my fucking intention. I believe they think people are just sitting on the couch all day waiting to be invited to an xbl group or something.

It's like they expect us to enjoy our media in little 5-minute bites.
No. I'm gonna sit down for a few hours and play my damn games or watch TV for a while. Not walk around for 5 minutes during a commercial.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
I just moved and won't have internet for 2-3 weeks. I wouldn't be able to play a single game on my $500 dollar system. That's ridiculously Fucking stupid.
Looks like your over $500 computer is probably pretty worthless without that internet too.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
Except you can install a game onto your PC and play it as long as the computer is on.
For how much longer? Like it or not DRM is becoming more and more prevalent.. And if it doesn't come from the console, it's going to come from the developers. I honestly don't care what system you buy. If you don't like the xbox, don't get it. I was just pointing out the flaws in people's argument who constantly shit all over the xbox because they think circle jerking makes them cool.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Clearly you do not have kids that are gamers.. This is VERY smart and will appeal to many parents with gamer kids...
Eh the price of one gold for all is okay...my kids don't use it anyway...but the CC stuff is the same nothing new...
Main point I think is that the curtain is being pulled back on the fam sharing thing and it looks like it won't be as viable for what people were hoping to do with it...

Sent under duress.

For how much longer? Like it or not DRM is becoming more and more prevalent.. And if it doesn't come from the console, it's going to come from the developers. I honestly don't care what system you buy. If you don't like the xbox, don't get it. I was just pointing out the flaws in people's argument who constantly shit all over the xbox because they think circle jerking makes them cool.

Except you weren't pointing out holes. Because there aren't any.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
So, it sounds like you can connect your 360 to it through HDMI inputs and share games over the cloud to someone you deem "family?"

Saint Op Omen

So, it sounds like you can connect your 360 to it through HDMI inputs and share games over the cloud to someone you deem "family?"
Yes but one system was a powerhog enough why run 2 at once?
Also yeah but the "ifs" and "buts" are just starting. To show so expect a ton of restrictions and even more after launch when people find ways to abuse it...

Sent under duress.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I think the whole watching tv while gaming, or vice versa is just the first step... they want to make this the standard.. they want to get this under wraps so they can then go bigger from there.. The only good comparison coming to mind on short notice to what I believe they want their vision to resemble is from the movie Gamer. For those that have not seen it.. the main kids room was basically 4 walls of virtual "screen" the kid had everything going on.. game, tv, internet, instant video messaging, music, news,stocks.... it is all happening at the same time and ultimately you have just the kid (the user) in the middle of the room multitasking, doing what he wants, when he wants... While it does sound far fetched, it is still done today.. just not to such an extreme measure... people multitask all the time while using the PC... from internet, to a game, to a IOS game and back to the web page by minimizing/maximizing windows..

Overall I dont think it is much of us console gamers to ask for more out of our systems.... to try to rise to the power and flexibility of the PC.. I believe Microsoft has its head in the right place... however its ass is a totally different story as each new nightmare article arrives on the net.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
From a PS4 supporter that interview was a descent promo Ill admit. But maybe it was the I cant put my finger on it but the girl was hot in a odd way :) that kept my attention.
She was, wasn't she?

Yes but one system was a powerhog enough why run 2 at once?
Also yeah but the "ifs" and "buts" are just starting. To show so expect a ton of restrictions and even more after launch when people find ways to abuse it...

Sent under duress.
A powerhog?

So, the response to the awesome news of being able to share content through the cloud is to wait and see how it messes up? Wow.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
There ARE people out there that watch TV AND play video games at the same time...I do.

This feature excites me but isn't a buying point for me. Clearly you aren't going to watch a show and play Halo 4 multiplayer at the same time with PiP but what about watching your FAVORITE TV show and you want to grind in a game like Demon Souls where you don't have to focus on dialogue,, now you have that option.

I personally have been watching the NHL and NBA finals at night while playing games like Halo or Injustice online, with my monitor and my tv in at the same time.

If you can use the features Xbox One has to offer than this system is going to be GREAT and I personally feel this system will lose on sales hard but will be the better system gaming wise. The exclusives alone has convinced me to buy instead of switching.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Lots of interesting questions were asked by reddit users about XboxOne. Major Nelson clears up a lot from being banned to to connecting other devices to the system.​
It sounds better but I feel for parents. Kids borrow games from each other in school. Will this share only be available for xbox live friends? I am getting an xbox1 but they need to do shitloads of damage control since e3

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Saint Op Omen

She was, wasn't she?

A powerhog?

So, the response to the awesome news of being able to share content through the cloud is to wait and see how it messes up? Wow.
Yeah...

And its not through the cloud its a dl the game to your machine if you are attached to a primary account...the cloud can not be used to play full games at this point its nearly an impossible mess...

Sent under duress.