What's new

Interview w/ Michaelangelo. Confirmed for NEC & KIT, thoughts on Injustice 2 and an exciting 2017

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Since I've known about @michaelangelo from 2011 when he first made a name for himself during the PDP National Mortal Kombat 9 tournament, he's always been a top player in the NRS FGC. As well, through the years he's always been someone who is very friendly, competitive and does whatever he can to boost the scene... and he's always doing it with a smile on his face.

Earlier this month, michaelangelo posted an interesting post on Facebook. He made it sound like he might've been working with either WB Games or NetherRealm Studios and he was very excited about it. Well, I couldn't help it but to poke around and ask michaelangelo a little more about this post and how he was doing. It's been a little while now since we've seen him at tournaments.

Here is a set of interview questions I sent to him. As always, he didn't disappoint.

mike1.png

Hey Michaelangelo!

First off, thanks for taking the time to answer a few questions! Ever since you posted Thanks to Warner Bros for opportunities you've been given, I have been intrigued as to what that might have meant. So without further ado...

• STORMS: Before now, have you helped the NetherRealm team in anyway with their games? Meaning, have you gone to the studio to assist?
  • Michaelangelo: Hello Storms! It's my pleasure to let you in on what's been happening with me and my crazy lifestyle. I've never actually been to NetherRealm studios but if given the opportunity, you bet your ass I'd love to help in anyway I can.
  • STORMS: What has the last 3 months consisted of for you? Have you been traveling, competing, going to tournaments? This is kind of a big question, so don't be afraid to go into detail.
  • Michaelangelo: Wow, this is a very intense question. I'm looking back at the past 3 months with a big grin on my face. I've been living a crazy lifestyle and I wouldn't want it any other way. I've been traveling so damn much to help with the e-sports side of fighting games which you will hear more about as we go into the new year. Big fuckin' plans is all I can say. I recently competed at SCR where I placed 9th (it hurt a little because I usually get into top 8). My past 3 months have also consisted of VIP parties, beautiful women, drunken rampages, saying bye to king (he was living with me for 2 months), future plans with Yomi, and just doing anything I can to better myself as a human.
  • STORMS: Are you still part of YOMI and living in Georgia or have you returned to Cali? For someone who hasn't been fully-connected as of late, fill me in!
  • Michaelangelo: I am still a member of Yomi but I've returned to Cali because there's a lot of gaming related work and opportunity for me in this beautiful state.
  • STORMS: Are there any upcoming fighting game tournaments that you're confirmed to attend?
  • Michaelangelo: Ahhhh! I guess I'm announcing this here first but only because I love ya! I will 100% be at NEC and KIT! I will be visiting the sexy city of NY from Dec 12th-Jan 6th so let me know if any east coast people want to hang!
  • STORMS: What's the first three words that come into mind when you think of Injustice 2?
  • Michaelangelo: Well when I think of injustice I think of how much I would love my favorite DC character in the game so... Plastic man! Plastic man! PLASTIC MAN!
  • STORMS: Considering there are many characters yet to be revealed for Injustice 2 yet, who of the current (Batman, The Flash, Wonder Woman, Gorilla Grodd, Blue Beetle, Superman, Aquaman, Harley Quinn, Deadshot, etc) would you choose to main and why?
  • Michaelangelo: It's going to shock you the amount of characters that will be in this game! As of right now, I'm looking closely at Atrocitous and Deadshot. As you may know I love zoning and setup characters.
  • STORMS: What are your thoughts on returning Injustice characters keeping the same move sets, but changing supers? This is a first for NetherRealm and to me a surprise. Some say that it will help with the development of the newer characters. What do you think of the returning moves?
  • Michaelangelo: I'm actually really scared that the returning characters will have their moves from INJ1 because the competitors that played years of the first INJ will have an advantage going into INJ2. That's why I'm picking new characters so they don't know the match-up right away haha!
  • STORMS: Going back to your Facebook post... you made it sound like there is some future plans with you at NetherRealm. Is there any truth to this? If so, can you talk about it at all?
  • Michaelangelo: I've actually been working closely with WBStudios while keeping in contact with some of the beautiful people over at NRS. I can't say too much of what they want me to help them with but I can tell you that you will be seeing Michaelangelo a lot more in 2017!
  • STORMS: Every year, especially since 2010 (leading into MK9) the Mortal Kombat and now Injustice scene has been growing. NetherRealm Studios has made themselves VERY involved with their fan-base, which has been a very healthy move for the studio. What are you thoughts on this growth and where do you see the community a year from now?
  • Michaelangelo: It's been such an honor for me to see the NRS community grow in front of my eyes. No one can deny how much NRS studios has been involved with the community and you see them grow with us to provide great and solid games. We're growing so damn fast and I eventually see us becoming the number 1 competitive fighting game even over, dare I say it.... Street Fighter!
  • STORMS: Lastly, this one's just about you... where do you see yourself in a year? Do you have any big plans you wish to share?
  • Michaelangelo: The past year I noticed the look in my friends and families eyes with how proud I'm making them with what I've been accomplishing. They love that I never gave up on my dream and vision that I've had so many years ago. I'm going to keep pushing forward and do whatever I can to keep making my friends and family proud of me.
STORMS: Michaelangelo, thank you once again for taking the time to chat!
Michaelangelo: Thank you Storms for being such a good friend. It's always a pleasure.
Needless to say, it sounds like a very exciting 2017. But first, an exciting NEC next month in Philly! For more info on NEC, click here!

gam224

The world's least hype player
Good to see NRS working with top players like dizzy and mike. I have high hopes for injustice 2