What's new

Interview in the morning. Any tips or suggestions TYM?

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Title says it all. I have an interview tomorrow morning with Best Buy. I don't feel like I'm good at interviews at all. Any suggestions would be cool.

I've had hella interviews at best buy. Always with loads of people. You're gonna need to take hella initiative with the stupid ass group bullshit they make you do, and they want you to know everything about everything under the sun lol.
Some stuff they had me do was come up with a new product to sell and market, spend 5k on random shit in the store, they ask your favorite band. All kinds of random shit happens basically lol.

Good luck to you man!

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I've had hella interviews at best buy. Always with loads of people. You're gonna need to take hella initiative with the stupid ass group bullshit they make you do, and they want you to know everything about everything under the sun lol.
Some stuff they had me do was come up with a new product to sell and market, spend 5k on random shit in the store, they ask your favorite band. All kinds of random shit happens basically lol.

Good luck to you man!
Did you ever get a job there?

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Yeah I have some advice.. don't go in there talking like lil weezy. You'll sound like a fool and you won't get the job.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Yeah I have some advice.. don't go in there talking like lil weezy. You'll sound like a fool and you won't get the job.
Lol. I've been working since I was 16. I make 25 monday. On top of that I'm a shift leader/manager at my job now. I know how to act proper fool haha.

lol. Wait? What's university? As in they want to put you through school?
Lol they want you to either be enrolled at the biggest school in your state or want you to want to go. It's pretty dumb but I guess they think people who go to the best school deserve jobs with them even 70% of the employees they got here don't know shit about anything lol

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
It's best to learn through the experience. You'll find out that every interview will demand different things. It's a skill you learn through trial and error rather than prep.

Just do the obvious and expect nothing more than another opportunity to hone that skill.

If it's a group interview, good luck. You have to bullshit your way in by really selling false aspirations of working forever and ascending through the ranks of the place your interviewing in.

AkTiVe

o.o
My advice is to pursue other job opportunites.
Working retail sucks. If you aren't good at selling products chances
are you won't make much. Idk if Best Buy is commission only
but where I work most people don't last long. Retail Hrs are pretty lame too.

as far as the interview goes just lie of your ass.
tell them you are dependable and are willing to work overtime and holidays.
they seem to like that.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
Don't listen to someone who uses the phrase "hella initiative"

Anticipate questions and have canned responses.

Use pointed questions to turn it around so at the end you are interviewing them

Dress nice

Fit the position into your "big picture" and why its prefect for you/them

Research the company

Get some sleep

Eat breakfast

Spew bullshit