What's new

Question Intervention for MK9

Which of these courses of action could keep MK9 in tournaments until either a UMK9 or MKX comes out?

• B)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C)

• D)

• Total voters
With MK10 having been announced (albeit through just word of mouth in an interview), we have the obvious sign that the MK franchise is doing alive and well for the future should all things turn out to be true. However, I'm pretty sure that we don't want MK9 to just remain dormant until we get a new game years down the road, and the tournaments we've seen thus far that have dropped MK from the lineup in favor of IGAU have been primo evidence that MK9's "true death" is indeed upon us as predicted that it would be. As such, we need to take action against certain obvious aspects of the game, that have either driven competitors away or should not be used at all, that could inject not only some hype but much needed life back into the game. That said, here are the proposals:

A) Ban Kabal: This debate (Which IMHO should have ended LAST YEAR when he became a problem then) has been going on for years now and has only intensified with the reinforcement of the players that have either mained him or have relented to using him in order to win, chiming in recently saying that his prohibition would make for a better game. As such, this option comes first.

B) Ban Undefendable Resets: By undefendable resets, I'm referring to the cyrax 80-100% and the Smoke 75% resets that have ended many peoples tournament aspirations based off of just one lucky or good read. No player should ever get that kind of a payoff from one read even if they did use meter to do it. Many top players from other games that have played MK were turned away from this broken aspect as they felt it compromised a player winning with skill and or fundamentals and instead just revolved around that 1 lucky read.

The above are givens but the next two are in a gray area and can be considered anyway due to them probably coming down to the TO's on whether or not they can be used:

C) The damage boost "glitches" for Smoke (invisibility), Shang Tsung (EN Soul Steal), and Reptile (invisibility) ?: This is where when the damage boost occurs it remains for the rest of the game. These "glitches" have been reported over the last year and could be gamebreaking if used in tournament. I believe this has been addressed before (and someone correct me if it has) so this+ may not need to be addressed again and IDK if Reptile has the "glitch" going on.

B) The Toasty Boost (hides in foxhole to avoid getting blown up): As cool as it is to happen and even though it's a one in a million shot, the random toasty boost totally changes things from what they should be to the degree that it disrupts the nature of a match too drastically. However, given the odds that it comes out, it can be debated that it's not that much of a disruption of the outcome of the match. But when people just do uppercuts all day to get the toasty boost, then it may be left to the populus on whether or not to ban it so I digress on this one.

Either way, take a vote on how we should go about keeping MK9 fresh and with life for the next few years and for the rest of it's natural life so that we can all continue to enjoy the game that revitalized the MK faithful. After all of the moments this game has provided for us, it's earned that much.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
people still think shang tsungs SS is a glitch...

let me explain if you dont get it, shang tsung has a timer of 5 seconds of extra damage when he soulsteals. Those 5 seconds start in the beginning of the next round.

also, how is toasty boost being banned saving this game? or removing smokes glitch?

Cobra

Noob
None of those shitty options should be picked. Just add a few more characters and stages (UMK9) and then release a new MK for the next generation.