What's new

Question Interrupting F+2,1,2,1+2

redeyes

Button Masher
Warborn is blowing me up online with JiP F+2,1,2,1+2 i know i should try to AA the JIP but say i block it what hit in the string is the over head and can you poke out of any hits in the string with like a 6frame d1? thanks

Warborn

Freebies for all
Warborn is blowing me up online with JiP F+2,1,2,1+2 i know i should try to AA the JIP but say i block it what hit in the string is the over head and can you poke out of any hits in the string with like a 6frame d1? thanks
The 2 in F+2,1,2,1+2 is the overhead.

I was thinking about it after you got offline...
As far as poking out, if I do the EN dagger cancel on you, like I was, you should be able to poke out if your duck blocking the string. Though that last game you tried to and ate a full combo.

I'm pretty sure this is what the deal is: You have to duck block the string and fuzzy block the overhead, then you can poke the EN dagger cancel. If you stand block the string, I think you're along for the ride.

Realize if I see you duck blocking the string, I'm not going to EN dagger. Instead you're in for the mix up at the end of the string, you're use to that by now ;)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Flesh and Blood is not interruptible in any part of the string if you start blocking standing, if you want to get away you have to wait until the player uses a En Dagger cancel to poke him out.

Once Ducked, if he tries to chip in with "flesh and blood" the 1st 2 hits will whiff your crouching as long as you don't block them.

Its almost like kabal's NDC block strings, you need to time very carefully.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I was wondering the same thing. Good thing I found this thread before I tried it.

She is so yummy.
Careful, if you block the last hit low, players will aknowlege it, since the only option is wait on low block, you can assume she will red dash to slide you and chip 8% damage, but this is also another trap.

Once you duck and she red dash, its possible to surprise you with a En Down Slash that hits overhead.

ryublaze

Noob
The 1+2 in F2, 1, 2, 1+2 is two hits and the first hit of that is the overhead. It's pretty easy to see since Skarlet does a downward punch.

The first two hits of F2, 1, 2, 1+2 do not whiff if Skarlet connects with a jump-in punch. If she does it without the jump-in punch, they will whiff only on low-hitbox characters (with a few exceptions). The F2 string is so slow though that it can be interrupted before she can hit you with it, which is why it's best used after a jump-in punch.

You can't interrupt F2, 1, 2 1+2 and you can't interrupt a Red Dash into Red Slide or EX Down Slash after it. The cancel advantage (block) for each hit is too great to do anything. However if you're crouch blocking at the end of the string and Skarlet throws an EX Dagger, it will fly right over you and you can poke there. Sometimes Skarlet players will stop their Red Dash early and try doing another blockstring or throw, so you can poke before she does the blockstring/throw but it's a guessing situation. She can also delay the Red Slide to make you think she's going to stop it and end up hitting you if you try to poke.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
The 2 in F+2,1,2,1+2 is the overhead.

I was thinking about it after you got offline...
As far as poking out, if I do the EN dagger cancel on you, like I was, you should be able to poke out if your duck blocking the string. Though that last game you tried to and ate a full combo.

I'm pretty sure this is what the deal is: You have to duck block the string and fuzzy block the overhead, then you can poke the EN dagger cancel. If you stand block the string, I think you're along for the ride.

Realize if I see you duck blocking the string, I'm not going to EN dagger. Instead you're in for the mix up at the end of the string, you're use to that by now ;)
This

Somberness

Lights
I know we discussed about it in another thread but I would like to ask if we can poke this in corner :
Cage could get out of that in a variety of ways, but only if you didn't do the forward 2 after the dagger as fast as possible so that it would jail him in stand block.

Seapeople

This one's for you
So does ex dagger jail on block, and is f2 guaranteed after ex dagger if timed correctly?
Sorry, I'm completely new to Skarlet lol

ryublaze

Noob
I know we discussed about it in another thread but I would like to ask if we can poke this in corner :

At 02min05.
I like watching your Skarlet and I loved watching you chip him to death lol. Somberness already answered your question, but an alternative you can do is alternating between F2, 1, 2, 1+2, EX Dagger and 1, 1, 4, EX Dagger, or just repeating 1, 1, 4, EX Dagger. That's easier to jail into stand block and can't be interrupted. I don't think the corner makes a difference.

So does ex dagger jail on block, and is f2 guaranteed after ex dagger if timed correctly?
Sorry, I'm completely new to Skarlet lol
Yeah.

Warborn

Freebies for all
but an alternative you can do is alternating between F2, 1, 2, 1+2, EX Dagger and 1, 1, 4, EX Dagger, or just repeating 1, 1, 4, EX Dagger. That's easier to jail into stand block and can't be interrupted. I don't think the corner makes a difference.
Agreed, corner does not make a difference.

Also to add to RedRaptor, a good change is to go with B+1,1,F+4 into enhance dagger as well. It will hit crouching opponents trying to poke. The inputs are a little trickier to get use to, but just playing Skarlet in general is tricky...

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?

Also to add to RedRaptor, a good change is to go with B+1,1,F+4 into enhance dagger as well. It will hit crouching opponents trying to poke. The inputs are a little trickier to get use to, but just playing Skarlet in general is tricky...
Last I checked, in the corner F2,1,2,1+2 and 1,1,4 into EX Dagger cancel will whiff over them, however 1,1,2 causes the dagger to hit due to pushback on the blockstring. RedRaptor10

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

Just be careful because if they know skarlet they can let go of block and the ex dagger will wiff. It's good if they don't expect it

ryublaze

Noob
Last I checked, in the corner F2,1,2,1+2 and 1,1,4 into EX Dagger cancel will whiff over them, however 1,1,2 causes the dagger to hit due to pushback on the blockstring. RedRaptor10
I think that applies only if they're crouch blocking before the EX Dagger and same for midscreen too.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I think that applies only if they're crouch blocking before the EX Dagger and same for midscreen too.
I was assuming a crouch block - if they're stand blocking they're going to get hit by another EX Dagger cancel into F2,1,2,1+2.