What's new

Tech - Hat Trick Instant HCB with Interaction & Other Tips.

Sup Guys

This technology I use it long ago but never had explained in detail or shown the options.

Now I created a video explaining the possibilities, setups, combos and variations that can be achieved with the use of interactions with the Hat Trick mode Kung Lao.

Hat Players:
@D7X, @Youphemism, @The PantyChrist, @Eddy Wang, @YoShadowFiend, @Big Pampering, @just_2swift, @coolwhip, @ROG Moonspell

@PND_Ketchup, @Pig Of The Hut, @YOMI FOREVER KING, @SonicFox5000, @Tim Static

They think of this guys?

Video:

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Sup Guys

This technology I use it long ago but never had explained in detail or shown the options.

Now I created a video explaining the possibilities, setups, combos and variations that can be achieved with the use of interactions with the Hat Trick mode Kung Lao.

Hat Players:
@D7X, @Youphemism, @The PantyChrist, @Eddy Wang, @YoShadowFiend, @Big Pampering, @just_2swift, @coolwhip, @ROG Moonspell

@PND_Ketchup, @Pig Of The Hut, @YOMI FOREVER KING, @SonicFox5000, @Tim Static

They think of this guys?

Video:
I'll check it out once I got the time. Not many good guides and shit for him. I'll give feedback

Last edited:

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Interesting theory, not sure it's going to help Hat Trick be more viable though unfortunately :( But those setups at the end were awesome!
But hey, Scar plays him as a main in tournaments. I'm working on him to be good enough as one of my best characters.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Very nice video, some of the quick calls after away Hat Traps are well known, i used some of them.

Also, you can trick people with away trap into tp as if you where going to hit command throw and actually hit a overhead instead, problem is, the overhead leaves KL too negative on hit that hitting his best filler for the range where he and the hat will be is very difficult to convert from.

I really just wish the juggle heights of the call backs were all when crouching or standing, if his hat could just work as they were supposed to, this would be a very sick open to creativity variation to master and work on.

Its also possible to set an armor breaking Hard to Blockable setup with every B321~low trap knockdown midscreen, its just not as viable due the juggle conditions of the general gameplay.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Very nice video, some of the quick calls after away Hat Traps are well known, i used some of them.

Also, you can trick people with away trap into tp as if you where going to hit command throw and actually hit a overhead instead, problem is, the overhead leaves KL too negative on hit that hitting his best filler for the range where he and the hat will be is very difficult to convert from.

I really just wish the juggle heights of the call backs were all when crouching or standing, if his hat could just work as they were supposed to, this would be a very sick open to creativity variation to master and work on.

Its also possible to set an armor breaking Hard to Blockable setup with every B321~low trap knockdown midscreen, its just not as viable due the juggle conditions of the general gameplay.
Tell me more about this HTB setup...

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm just saying it seems he could be viable then...
Hat Trick cannot be viable it doesn't matter how a top player plays with him, it has nothing to do with previous persons who played the character, its really unviability problems, he has bugs and some major errors on his core gameplay design, and on top of that he got a list of nerfs.

Tell me more about this HTB setup...
11212~spin, jk~dk, b321~dfd2.

The knockdown is untechable, so you're able to jump 2 into hcb performing a oh/low setup
you can also, jump into delay hcb for a low/no oh setup.

the first setup breaks armors and launches, the second one catches people trying to block j2.

problem is, this can be escaped by backdash, delayed wakeup.

on top of that, sometimes they wakeup neutral crouching and when you hcb hits they're crouching already, so the juggle height wont be that useful when you touch the ground.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
....because Scar plays him? That doesn't make any sense. Viability is not based on a player playing them.
True. But I do believe people saying "he's not viable at all" isn't true. Sure, he's not the best character, but my point was that he can stilled be played in tournaments and do pretty good.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Many people don't know how to fight him, so he probably looks better than he is. I enjoy him, but he does need a buff.
You're right, he's really not that viable.
I'm just sad he isn't :(
You can be as good as you the game allow you to be, but the hats will let you down, when they start randomly whiffing, not launching properly, people blocking the second hit of Hatarang after getting hit by the first hit.

and on top of it, the second you put a hat trap out there, the opponent can do just whatever he feels like, the risk will always weight into you.

not worth all the effort tho.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
You can be as good as you the game allow you to be, but the hats will let you down, when they start randomly whiffing, not launching properly, people blocking the second hit of Hatarang after getting hit by the first hit.

and on top of it, the second you put a hat trap out there, the opponent can do just whatever he feels like, the risk will always weight into you.

not worth all the effort tho.
I feel someone catches on to your Hat Trick, you'really basically screwed. Really the only thing you have mostly, is the opponent not knowing what to do at all and how to deal with them. Relying on 11212 for pressure is annoying because of how lightning quick you have to do it.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Seems to me you don't know much about the variation yet so I'd suggest learning more about it first before asserting any opinions.
I don't know if I clarified this, but I said in the one after what really males him able to at least hold his own in a tournament, are confused opponents. Many people don't know when to punish. Though, he can get figured out by good players. I do need to actually come up with logic and make a full opinion before posting. I'll go back in the lab for a bit. I'm neutral on this right now.
Anyway, I'll crawl back into my Reptile hole where I belong.