What's new

Instant Air Sai

Evrain

Noob
Hey guys,

I was wondering what is the best technique to do this?

I'm finding it quite difficult to do it as shown in the video.

Tremloc

Noob
how are you trying to do it? If you jump backwards the game registers both back and up, so then you just need to slide your thumb to forward.

If you're using a stick you can do ub, uf+1 where you slide along the top of the gate. So a motion like 7 if you're on the 2 player side.

Evrain

Noob
how are you trying to do it? If you jump backwards the game registers both back and up, so then you just need to slide your thumb to forward.

If you're using a stick you can do ub, uf+1 where you slide along the top of the gate. So a motion like 7 if you're on the 2 player side.
I'm jumping backwards then pressing forward. I've done it maybe once or twice successfully, but it's very inconsistent.

Tremloc

Noob
inconsistent in what sense? Do the sais actually come out, but high in the air?

You have to do it super fast and have the timing of the f+1 down perfect.

Use negative edge to help with it coming out quickly. Remember old school mileena where you had to hold the button for the sais? That its why I am used to it. Play with the button held down, and when you make the motion for the sais release the button. Negative edge will help it register, and you can do repeated ias. As soon as you release for the first one, start holding the button again.

Evrain

Noob
Use negative edge to help with it coming out quickly. Remember old school mileena where you had to hold the button for the sais? That its why I am used to it. Play with the button held down, and when you make the motion for the sais release the button. Negative edge will help it register, and you can do repeated ias. As soon as you release for the first one, start holding the button again.
Ok many thanks - I'll try that out.

Essay

Noob
I'd say I'm pretty damn consistent with the instant air sais on my stick. In my mind I'm pressing ub+1 and then df, giving 1 the shortest of taps. The command inputs in training mode seem to suggest I'm not actually hitting 1 before df, but I think it's important to train your brain to hit 1 as soon as you commit to the move to get it to come out immediately (and obviously input the directions as fast as possible). I use the diagonal down-forward instead of straight forward though because it feels more natural with the angle of my hand on my square-gated stick, so don't worry about it if you're using a pad. (I use diagonals for the telekicks too.) Oh, and I don't use Mileena online, so this might not help there either.

Simply Jump Backwards and F1, you need to find a nice smooth rythem. make sure the IAS hits the oppenent when he's standing/stand blocking.

Thanks to Shiftexx, for the tip,

You can also do this technique with Kabal and Liu Kang.