What's new

Tech - Master of Souls instant Air Blast pressure

insignis

Noob
Hi,

frame data is a big phony as always. Move list says Air Blast is +1 on block but actually it is around +6.
On the video below you can see that AI doesn't start reversal because there is no gap between iAB and d1.
With 1 bar we can create good pressure.

Last edited:

zaf

professor
Yea this is something I have started to try to use within the vortex as a safe option. It seems really strong in the corner as you don't need the meter to get a combo. Mid screen I can still see this working. Can be especially strong if you have the 2 bars to end out a game. ( 1 bar for the air fireblast the other for the follow up lift.

Nice video! and yea the frame data is wrong. Tested this out myself as well.

It might not be lying.

Frame data for aerial moves are always difficult, if you look at data for most games it will actually have either a range or not be displayed.

When you land on the ground, your animation cuts short so the actual advantage on block will change, at LOWEST height maybe it is +6, but if you get it blocked at the max height, you might recover fully in the air at +1.

It may be that you can't actually get the move blocked while being high enough for it to ever be +1 because there is no air blocking, but the move itself would still be +1 in a vacuum because if the animation was allowed to fully complete, that would be the advantage.

That said frame data in game is bork anyway, they should have a system for calculating frame advantage like Skullgirls does (not that it is perfect either, it works in 95% of situations instead of like 33% though) instead of manually inputting data. There are so many mistakes.

insignis

Noob
Another thought hit me at 3AM. I tested aaaaand instant air soul burst (without meter) is PLUS on block :D It is around +1 or +2.

I updated video in OP and added tests with KL spin and Ermac's d1 vs d1

Last edited:

zaf

professor
Another thought hit me at 3AM. I tested aaaaand instant air soul burst (without meter) is PLUS on block :D It is around +1 or +2.

I updated video in OP and added tests with KL spin and Ermac's d1 vs d1
Yea I always figured it was slightly Plus frames, that the in game frame data was probably listing it as hitting the opponent at the max height or something along those lines.

Good to know that if it is done correctly he actually is plus frames. Could definitely use this in a lot of spots.

-Vortex. After B12 go for a quick instant air soul blast and use the plus frames to continue pressure instead of the direct 50/50
- Can be used as a counter poke. After blocking a d1 or d3 that is not plus frames, you can attempt to use this to secure some frame advantage
etc etc.

insignis

Noob
Can this be done from a jump in? ie not instant air but regular jump in?
You need to be really close to the ground to be at plus on block. If you try to do it I'm afraid you will be knocked out with AA earlier.

But we can use it as a shenanigan. Jump in and cancel it into blast. It will be negative on block but you may land a hit and continue pressure.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
You need to be really close to the ground to be at plus on block. If you try to do it I'm afraid you will be knocked out with AA earlier.

But we can use it as a shenanigan. Jump in and cancel it into blast. It will be negative on block but you may land a hit and continue pressure.
Ah ok. It just reminded me of a similar frame trap cyborg has in injustice. Would have been really good granting you advantage on jump ins.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I first saw pressure using the low IAB from Sonic Fox. Fucking sick if you ask me but I have difficulty moving my fingers fast enough to get it low enough for me to be +ve.

But yea, I'm gonna incorporate it and practice until I get because it's an amazing tool.

zaf

professor
You can buffer the jump when you are using strings like b12/b124 d3 etc.

So while you are still in the animation of those moves, try using that to buffer them out