What's new

Installing fans in arcade cabinet

I ordered two brushless ball bearing 2-3/8" X 2-3/8" X 3/4" 12 volt fans. I am going to install them in my mk 2 cabinet and eventually get others for my other two cabs. Any ideas where to wire the positive wire off of to get the fan to come on when the game is on only? I know I could just wire it up to the 12v spot on the power supply but I leave my games plugged in all the time and don't want the fans to run continuously while the game is off. Can I hook up to the power switch or is there a different spot on the power supply that only gets 12 volts when the game is on? There is already two spots which are sorta like vents as they have an area to let the air out. I plan on installing the one fan at the bottom rear back where the vent is to suck cool air in. I than will install another fan towards the rear top of the arcade which will blow hot air out the vent. Hopefully I can use the vents that are there without having to drill a hole as I don't want to mod the cab too much.

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
The 12volt output of the power supply will work fine. The power supply is not on unless the machine is on. NOTHING on the machine is powered unless the master switch is on. I would simply run them off the arcade power supply. Should have no issues.

ctozzi

Noob
i had some in my mk3 cab, but they make too much noise while running and i removed them do to that. very easy to install, i tapped into the main power lines.