What's new

Injustice with an "FADC" maneuver

cyke_out

Noob
lol i tried 11 6f, after my dash cancel, i couldn't even attack with a 6 frame starter before my sticks turbo hit standing 3 twice on me for 14 damage and being plus 10 on hit afterwards, imagine trying to "fadc" a combo string? when you see the video you will know what i mean, in order for this tactic to work, the dashes in this game nedd to be either 1. cancelable or 2. shorter and faster. just got all my test footage, editing now.
That shouldn't be a surprise. in SF you only have one hit of armor when you FADC as well, and getting hit by a multi-hitting move breaks it. Trying to MBDC an entire string isn't going to work. I imagine it's best used versus long reaching pokes like Lex's standing 3, or projectiles or interactables.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Cool man i see then, but the 6 frame is possible, i think if you press it too early you go into Frame stun,
BTW im doing this with Batman i should of said before
it really depends what move you are trying to MBDC, batmans standing 3 will beat out any move i tried with batman, batmans 6f jab his d1, after eating his standing three i got hit again by standing 3 before i could do anything beside block. maybe other moves like nightwings long range poke from staff stance will be different, then batman could MBDC, eat the hit and full combo punish if nightwing tries to hit buttons. so this tactic maybe MU dependent.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
I'm talking about ff+MB during a combo. I thought you could bait someone into poking out of a string but when you duck, it whiffs, and you can't do a "ff+MB" or bb+MB on a whiffed move.

For a regular armored bounce B+3+MB or F+3+MB, you can cancel it. :D
u can cancel it even if it connects?

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
so no to any and all forms of f3 or b3 can't be cancelled once it makes contact then? including the 2 bar versions?

so no to any and all forms of f3 or b3 can't be cancelled once it makes contact then? including the 2 bar versions?
Yes. The point is to use the armor or duration of armor to either dash in, or dash out. It's used like this a lot in SF, and in that game it requires 2 bars. In the game, a MBDC only requires one bar, while bb+MB and ff+MB (can be used only in a combo) takes two bars.

I made a vid of it here:

Posthuman

Where's TJ Combo?
B3 & F3+MB Is so easy to punish anything but somehow I cant do blk strings and cancel... how am I supposed to do it again? baatman 113,ff+mb? or 113,ff3+mb?

Yes. The point is to use the armor or duration of armor to either dash in, or dash out. It's used like this a lot in SF, and in that game it requires 2 bars. In the game, a MBDC only requires one bar, while bb+MB and ff+MB (can be used only in a combo) takes two bars.

I made a vid of it here:
Very informative video, maybe STORMS can front page it?

I know shoryuken/eventhubs writers browse TYM's front page for Injustice content, maybe they'll see it.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I'm not sure on what your asking lol. Are you talking about the vid or the previous post. I hope I'm not confusing anyone with that vid, it was just a demonstration. :(
The vid isn't confusing. Have a character block a string, or partial string..and see if you can MBDC on block.

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
The vid isn't confusing. Have a character block a string, or partial string..and see if you can MBDC on block.
You can MBDC on block or hit. It works just like a special move, you can't cancel into it unless you connect but connecting can be hit or block.

Also @Protagonist_1 pretty good video but you say in there you "The armor can only take two hits" I'm not sure if you mean it has two hits before running out or the second hit runs out but it is only one hit. One hit will be armor the next will hit like normal. There are ways to see two hits but it is actually one hit of amor and one of invincibility on back dash (or with Lex he can have his character power armor as well)

Posthuman

Where's TJ Combo?
You can MBDC on block or hit. It works just like a special move, you can't cancel into it unless you connect but connecting can be hit or block.)

How come when I try doing Batman's 113,ff+MB it dont MBDC? Do I have to leave out last hit like 11ff+mb?

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.

I made a vid of it here:
well done, i am in the process of making this exact same video, the difference is i am talking and walking you through and i captured my footage on a capture card in 1080p 60fps very nice though with limited resource you made quite the video :)

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I'm interested in seeing if a mid-combo MBDC can extend combos for certain characters in more optimal ways that the wallbounce or groundbounce couldn't. That'd be the fancy stuff.

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
How come when I try doing Batman's 113,ff+MB it dont MBDC? Do I have to leave out last hit like 11ff+mb?
It works, try using d,f instead of f,f. Easy way to see if it will work is just cancel into a special at the end of the string. If the special will come out then so will the wall/ground bounce cancel.

Posthuman

Where's TJ Combo?
It works, try using d,f instead of f,f. Easy way to see if it will work is just cancel into a special at the end of the string. If the special will come out then so will the wall/ground bounce cancel.
Well D,F are Sf inputs... im using xbox360....

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
Well D,F are Sf inputs... im using xbox360....
I'm not sure what you mean. What I'm saying is that you can cancel a string into ground bounce with either forward,foward+meter burn or down, forward+meterburn. (Note: you need to roll down to forward because it is the diagonal plus the forward that triggers it, not the down)

Does that make sense?

Posthuman

Where's TJ Combo?
I'm not sure what you mean. What I'm saying is that you can cancel a string into ground bounce with either forward,foward+meter burn or down, forward+meterburn. (Note: you need to roll down to forward because it is the diagonal plus the forward that triggers it, not the down)

Does that make sense?
At first it didnt but now it does thanks.