What's new

Injustice Topples Bioshock for #1 spot in UK - First #1 Ranked Fighter since 02/2012

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
It's only been about two weeks, but already we can smile big. According to a United Kingdom sales charts, Injustice is the number 1 selling game, even over Bioshock Infinite. Even when Mortal Kombat 9 came out it did not have the same outcome for it was beaten by Portal 2 in 2o11. This just goes to further prove that not only does the DC Universe have a large following but that NetherRealm Studios knows exactly what they're doing.

Below you will see the details taken from GamesRadar.com on behalf of this news:

blackadam.jpg

Injustice: Gods Among Us has claimed the No.1 position on the UK all formats all prices chart for the week ended April 20. Ending Bioshock Infinite’s three week run at the top, Injustice becomes the first fighting game to lead the chart since UFC Undisputed 3 in February 2012. Injustice studio NetherRealm's previous game, Mortal Kombat, was beaten to No.1 by Portal 2 in week 16 of 2011.
The second highest charting new release was 3DS exclusive Fire Emblem: Awakening at No.3. It launched alongside a limited edition 3DS XL, which accounted for 31 per cent of total 3DS XL hardware sales last week, which jumped 49 per cent over the previous seven days.

Source: GamesRadar.com

edited by STORMS*

Attachments

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
heard about this a few weeks back, Good to hear, especially considering comics aren't anywhere near as big in the UK as they are in the US. :)

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Sweet, great news especially for a fighting game. I'm curious if Injustice sales will beat MVC3 since MK9 did

NFI

Kitty Got Wet
Wow, already? That is a great start. So my reaction is one simple word...

HALLEUJAH!

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Yeah NRS! Why not build another fighting game off of one WB's franchises? What else they got... hmm let's have a look here. Harry Potter?

...yeah MK10 and Injustice 2 will be just fine thanks.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Oh that wasn't aimed at you buddy, I was just thinking how good Injustice was the other day and thought what else they could do. I think the only other thing WB has is Harry Potter.

It was sparked by Gamtrailers doing a Top Ten other franchises that need videogames. The argument for an Avatar one was pretty good.

Chengler

Milky Holmes
Bioshock infinite was out for like 2 weeks though.

MK9 had proper competition, Injustice... ehh not so much. Its good news but until we get proper sales numbers, lets not jump to many conclusions.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Bioshock infinite was out for like 2 weeks though.

MK9 had proper competition, Injustice... ehh not so much. Its good news but until we get proper sales numbers, lets not jump to many conclusions.
Injustice was out for even less.

ggs

Oh that wasn't aimed at you buddy, I was just thinking how good Injustice was the other day and thought what else they could do. I think the only other thing WB has is Harry Potter.

It was sparked by Gamtrailers doing a Top Ten other franchises that need videogames. The argument for an Avatar one was pretty good.
Godzilla.

Legendary Pictures already made a deal with Toho to make a film that they're filming right now and it's coming out next year, and WB is pretty much in a contract with LP and WB owns NRS so....