What's new

Injustice To Be a "Series" of Games

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Our friends over at TRMK recently got an interview in with Ed Boon. They have not yet posted this interview, although they have dropped some crumbs for us to nibble on for the time-being. This response is one of the more intriguing of answers to many questions in other interviews so it will definitely be nice to know what all TRMK was able to squeeze from Boon.

In the answer Ed gave to TRMK, he mentions "Injustice" being a 'series of games' and that it will be nice to return to Mortal Kombat with newer ideas.

dc3.jpg

A quote from our Ed Boon interview coming up soon:

"It’s always nice to do something new and different. We don’t want to release Mortal Kombat every single year and kind of get people burned out on it and what not. We like the fact that we’re going to be starting a series of games and be able to return to Mortal Kombat later with even newer ideas."
Source TRMK via Facebook, be sure to "Like" them!

Attachments

GhosT

Noob
good and bad news i guess. Good news is there will be more MK. The next part which could be bad. When? How many games before the next MK? I hope its late 2013 early 2014. I can live with mk9 for a while. But sooner or later ill want another MK game.

I think its smart to branch out and i don't resent it one bit. One thing I'm hoping for is that they don't take too many new ideas and throw them into the next MK. I think they were really close with mk9, i would like to see less major changes and more "tweaks" and balances.

The fact I'm going to buy injustice the day it releases doesnt change the fact that I have a few doubts about the game. Well not doubts but more concerns, mainly with the way the stages will affect gameplay.

Espio

Kokomo
Branching out inspires growth and I'm okay with that, but I hope after Injustice we get a new MK, then a sequel to Injustice after that if it's going to be a series.

Okay this you should take with a grain of salt - they certainly can't commit to a series before seeing sales/reception of this game.

That said, this is optimal really for MK. A good fitting timetable for NRS would be:
2011: MK9
2013: Injustice
2014-2015: MK10
2016-2017: Injustice 2
2017-2018 MK11.

You get at least 2-3 years in between each MK generation, ensuring that the brand doesn't become stale and oversaturated with games. Don't pull a capcom.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Okay this you should take with a grain of salt - they certainly can't commit to a series before seeing sales/reception of this game.

That said, this is optimal really for MK. A good fitting timetable for NRS would be:
2017-2018 MK11.

You get at least 2-3 years in between each MK generation, ensuring that the brand doesn't become stale and oversaturated with games. Don't pull a capcom.
Dude, 2014 is way too long for MK10. Unless that patch comes out OR UMK9 is released then I doubt the majority of people will wait around that long.

I was pleasantly surprised by the news, I played MKDC a lot and I enjoyed it so so so much, I know the common opinion was different but to me that game was great! From what I saw it did look a little bit like MKvsDC, when their throwing you through walls etc. The new MK9 at that time gave me some frustration, I know a lot of people said its a more descent game because of certain things but I think it has also something to do with the 2d which doesnt allow that much inaccuracy like in MKDC. I did missed the fun things like promoves anthe sort of more flexible gameplay. Mk9 still feels a little stiff whereas MKDC felt completely ergonomic to me. So I would like to see something like: flexibility and weirdness of MKDC with the accuracy of MK9 in 2d perspective. How ever, I would opt for 2 different kind of lobbies, one in 2d and one in 3d

the mk kommunity is just filled with cry babies
Because not liking or having reservations about anything we've been shown so far automatically makes you a crybaby. Dissenting opinions are allowed you know. That being said, I am cautiously optimistic, just bewildered by some of the mechanics thus far. Here's to hoping it all turns out well in the end.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Because not liking or having reservations about anything we've been shown so far automatically makes you a crybaby. Dissenting opinions are allowed you know. That being said, I am cautiously optimistic, just bewildered by some of the mechanics thus far. Here's to hoping it all turns out well in the end.
Yes exactly because of that. Most people are crying because its not exactly like MK and im not even talking about the clash system.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Finally we get an answer! They will be returning to mk9 with newer ideas on how to actually fix it!

I guess they came to a mental wall and used the old trick of taking your mind off of the game for a long time in order to fix the problem.

This seems misconstued. I think NRS is planning a series of non-MK games, but I don't think he meant that all will be of the Injustice franchise.
Yeah what this guy says.

Injustice could just be one of many none MK related fighting games they will work on between MK games. Hell for all we know the next none MK game they work on is a Godzilla fighting game what with Legendary Pictures planning to make a movie. XD

Dude, 2014 is way too long for MK10. Unless that patch comes out OR UMK9 is released then I doubt the majority of people will wait around that long.

2017-2018 MK11.

Oh men, it would be cool to see some virtual reality technique in a soon or later MK - imagine what the fatalities would be like!

You're approaching it wrong. A new game isn't like a patch, where you have to release it shortly thereafter or its pointless. It's a NEW GAME. Not UMK9.

If MK10 comes out in 2014, it's not like the game is going to lose its potential audience by that point. People interested in MK will still be interested. Moreover, people who arent interested in fighting games every year and who liked MK9, will be interested.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Yeah what this guy says.

Injustice could just be one of many none MK related fighting games they will work on between MK games. Hell for all we know the next none MK game they work on is a Godzilla fighting game what with Legendary Pictures planning to make a movie. XD
This makes sense and this I like

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I will buy Injustice because I trust NRS....they are getting on the right page. If Injustice is good I expect bigger things for the next MK game....just nothing crazy lol.

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
Yes exactly because of that. Most people are crying because its not exactly like MK and im not even talking about the clash system.
And now you're crying about all the dissent, nice one mate. For the record I'm concerned about what they might take from these games into the next MK, I have no problem with Injustice being it's own thing.