What's new

INJUSTICE Receives $1000+ Pot Bonus at East Coast Throwdown V!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
On May 18-19... mark your calendars for East Coast Throwdown V! The famous East Coast event ran by L.I.Joe and Sweet Johnny Cage is going to offer quite a bit to the NetherRealm Studio's community as INJUSTICE: Gods Among Us is set to receive up to a $2,000 pot bonus! Injustice has been making huge streams numbers as well as tournament numbers ranking third highest at even its first tournament just days after release.

East Coast Throwdown V will be held in Morristown New Jersey on May 18-19 - for further tournament details, click here.

Direct from SweetJohnnyCage!

"
  • $1000 Injustice
  • $2000 Marvel
  • $2000 SF4
  • $1000 to whichever game has the most entries
All bonuses are winner take all, regular pots are still 70/20/10. Example:

200 people enter Injustice, pot is $2000
1st place: 1400 + 1000 bonus
2nd place: 400
3rd Place: 200

If Injustice has the most entries, 1st place will receive ANOTHER $1000 on top of their winnings.

We're doing this to entice player to play their best and really strive for that extra money. We did it with Marvel last year and every top player from the west coast came out for it. We want the same thing for Injustice. Players from both sides of the community are playing this game, so it definitely has a fighting chance of being the game with the most entries.

Online registration ends on Saturday, May 4 at 11:59pm EST, and there are still hotel rooms available for those who need them. Players can also qualify for free entry at On The Edge III that Phil is running at Gamer's Edge in Valley Stream. Players should still pre-reg, and if they win, we'll simply refund the entry fee since the tournament is happening 2 weeks after the cutoff (May 11 I believe). The Capcom qualifier for SF4, Marvel, and SFxT is happening this Sunday, May 5 and I will be taking registration for ECT at online price at the tournament. If players choose to pay at the door, emergency registration only lasts from 8:00am until 10:00am on Saturday, May 18 at ECT5. They can do all of their registration at www.ecthrowdown.com"

http://ecthrowdown.com/one-frame-link-to-provide-6000-in-pot-bonuses-for-ect5/

http://blog.oneframelink.com/east-coast-throwdown-5-spring-is-in-the-air-money-is-on-the-line/

Attachments

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Yes I totally agree with Cat. Spread it out over top 8. Or even top 3. But putting it all for first place, that doesn't seem right.
Yeah it's ridiculous for ppl who come from out of town to have to get 1st in order to make more than what they pay to make it down. While getting 2-8 (which is not easy) makes it a loss. And probably don't even get what you payed for venue and entry back.

Especially with ppl who have advantage (testers) In the mix , makes it discouraging.

Either that or ban testers like the wnf tournament :p

Oh and also I don't want to seem ungrateful. That is really awesome about the pot prize. Very cool. I was just suggesting spreading out the pot prize because I feel you will get more people going to the tournament which is what I think the goal of the pot prize is.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Yeah it's ridiculous for ppl who come from out of town to have to get 1st in order to make more than what they pay to make it down. While getting 2-8 (which is not easy) makes it a loss. And probably don't even get what you payed for venue and entry back.

Especially with ppl who have advantage (testers) In the mix , makes it discouraging.

Either that or ban testers like the wnf tournament :p
Just win and get that 1k bonus. :16Bit

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
CptXecution said:
Last time there was a pot bonus at ECT (MK9 last year) it was spread amongst the top 3.......I BELIEVE.

xKhaoTikx Is this true, or is my memory terrible?
Yea top 3 got the bonus. I plan on getting it again :D

Oh where did the bonus come from, and how will it be split? if at all?
That was in regards to last year. NRS/WB is not sponsoring any events this year. None of us have heard from them at all, and we've been reaching out to them since like......December.

EDIT: Oh I get your question now haha. One Frame Link is providing the $6000 in bonuses, and each bonus will be winner take all, as it was last year from them.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
That was in regards to last year. NRS/WB is not sponsoring any events this year. None of us have heard from them at all, and we've been reaching out to them since like......December.

EDIT: Oh I get your question now haha. One Frame Link is providing the $6000 in bonuses, and each bonus will be winner take all, as it was last year from them.
Excellent, more money for me :)

Thanks, was just curious.