What's new

Injustice Post Evo Question: Numbers after Evo

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
We can play on XBL or PSN if you think I won't body you. Hopefully your connection is better than your logic.

I know the Bane mu very well after playing Scar's all weekend and he can testify stopping Batman is easier said than done. I have no doubt your Bane is sub-par in comparison to his :REO
He placed higher than scar at EVO, FYI

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yeah Scar mains Bane. The "I can beat you in a match" is so I can show you my points rather than just sit here an argue with you.

I doubt you've ever had a date.
Ah, and the personal rebuttals come into play. How expected. Why would you playing me show me any points? I've played batmen that are probably a decent amount better than you, so its not like you have some kind of space-age technology that is totally unknown.

Your characters is stale, theres not much to him that isn't already known

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Your hitbox does pose a problem to us Dicks tho. I can't check you with 1 after pounds if you crouch or I will get blown up.

If you catch me in escrima stance, it can be very difficult for me to get you off. It's an interesting matchup, one that I still do not fully understand. Muggers has been trying to get games against me for an eternity, but for some reason or another I have always been doing something else. I need to play him and get whipped for a few matches to understand it better.
play me better, he doesn't do the shit i do to people, no one does.....yet. i'll make you think during our games. add me on xbl or psn :)

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
play me better, he doesn't do the shit i do to people, no one does.....yet. i'll make you think during our games. add me on xbl or psn :)

I thought you were PS3 only. Yea, would love to get my ass kicked for a few. As I said, I don't have high level flash experience, so I expect to get floored while I learn it lol

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I thought you were PS3 only. Yea, would love to get my ass kicked for a few. As I said, I don't have high level flash experience, so I expect to get floored while I learn it lol
Feck it, make a room and I'll join. I mean its only a 3-7 and 2-8 MU in the opponents favor, and two skilled people using them to boot. Whats the worst that could happen?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Feck it, make a room and I'll join. I mean its only a 3-7 and 2-8 MU in the opponents favor, and two skilled people using them to boot. Whats the worst that could happen?

You will win for the first little bit. I never play Banes. Last one I played was Mustard. The flashes I play are ranked flashes that think sweeping after d12 is always the answer.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
You will win for the first little bit. I never play Banes. Last one I played was Mustard. The flashes I play are ranked flashes that think sweeping after d12 is always the answer.
Mustard is the Bane messiah lol. And its doubtful since you could just flying Dick me all day for free. My Bane is a 0-10 against Dick, like to the point where I can't even get my hands on a Dick for the life of me.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Just got into the Jacksonville scene post CEO after some into's there. It appears to be strong from my attendance thus far but TBH I don't feel that I can make a call on where it's at just yet as I'm new to it. Most everyone I've met plays multiple games so I am concerned about Injustice taking a back seat as the other games where what started things here. I'm not too worried though Pig, ATL is a very managable drive for BNB ;)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Just got into the Jacksonville scene post CEO after some into's there. It appears to be strong from my attendance thus far but TBH I don't feel that I can make a call on where it's at just yet as I'm new to it. Most everyone I've met plays multiple games so I am concerned about Injustice taking a back seat as the other games where what started things here. I'm not too worried though Pig, ATL is a very managable drive for BNB ;)
I see how it is, you'll drive up to ATL for Pig but won't even come over to Pensacola to see your ol' buddy Doomy :(

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I see how it is, you'll drive up to ATL for Pig but won't even come over to Pensacola to see your ol' buddy Doomy :(
LOL. If you ever have anything going out there let me know. We have good Batman out here and I'll bring him too :D

coolwhip

Noob
I can be real

44% BNB kabal combo - months of practice and execution

44% BNB superman combo - mins of practice, requires little execution

When Reo 2ndc me to death I respect the level of execution required to do so

I both agree and disagree at the same time. Just because a character requires a certain level of execution (and I agree that Kabal is much more difficult to master than Superman) doesn't make the game more balanced.

Now, I do think that there are much more viable characters in MK than people give it credit for. Off the top of my head, I think Kabal, Kenshi, Cyrax, Sonya, Lao, Freddy, Smoke, Kitana, Cage, Skarlet, Jax, Reptile, Sektor, Liu Kang, and Shang are all tournament viable characters and have proven it in the past (I might be forgetting a couple of chars). However, that doesn't negate the fact that top 8 for MK this year at EVO was Kabal, Cyrax, Lao, Kenshi (Forever King) and Sonya, with a special appearance by Shang. Of course, last year's top 8 was much more versatile, but in general, it is hard to deny that MK is a top heavy game. However, unlike what some suggest, it's a top heavy game where other high tier/high mid tier characters can compete and we've been playing the game long enough that many players have mastered these characters, achieved really good results with them, and know how to approach the match-ups.

We don't know whether this will be the case in Injustice, but I suspect it won't be any different. With that said, I don't subscribe to Tom Brady's notion that this game is more balanced than MK. Just because every character has dirt doesn't mean they can compete with Superman, BA or Aquaman, whose dirt is well... REALLY dirty. Objectively speaking, I see Injustice having similar balancing issues to MK as far as the top 5 is concerned, but the game hasn't been out long enough for us to determine whether other characters will eventually have a chance. The good thing about MK is that despite the top 5-6 being clearly a notch above the rest, there are at least 9 (maybe more) other very good characters who can compete. That remains to be seen as far as Injustice goes, but I think we should give the game a chance.

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
AK Pig Of The Hut

This will always be a game of top tier.

Seriously though, if Superman and BA are nerfed, then you will see Aquaman and GL dominate almost assuredly.

What really needs to be fixed is the utter dominace of chars that either have amazing footsie dominating tools (Superman, GL, Aquaman) or chars that completely ignore footsies (Black Adam and Killer Frost).

There needs to be a big SFxT-style overhaul patch to change that. Which I would be fine with but I doubt that will happen.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I both agree and disagree at the same time. Just because a character requires a certain level of execution (and I agree that Kabal is much more difficult to master than Superman) doesn't make the game more balanced.

Now, I do think that there are much more viable characters in MK than people give it credit for. Off the top of my head, I think Kabal, Kenshi, Cyrax, Sonya, Lao, Freddy, Smoke, Kitana, Cage, Skarlet, Jax, Reptile, Sektor, Liu Kang, and Shang are all tournament viable characters and have proven it in the past (I might be forgetting a couple of chars). However, that doesn't negate the fact that top 8 for MK this year at EVO was Kabal, Cyrax, Lao, Kenshi (Forever King) and Sonya, with a special appearance by Shang. Of course, last year's top 8 was much more versatile, but in general, it is hard to deny that MK is a top heavy game. However, unlike what some suggest, it's a top heavy game where other high tier/high mid tier characters can compete and we've been playing the game long enough that many players have mastered these characters, achieved really good results with them, and know how to approach the match-ups.

We don't know whether this will be the case in Injustice, but I suspect it won't be any different. With that said, I don't subscribe to Tom Brady's notion that this game is more balanced than MK. Just because every character has dirt doesn't mean they can compete with Superman, BA or Aquaman, whose dirt is well... REALLY dirty. Objectively speaking, I see Injustice having similar balancing issues to MK as far as the top 5 is concerned, but the game hasn't been out long enough for us to determine whether other characters will eventually have a chance. The good thing about MK is that despite the top 5-6 being clearly a notch above the rest, there are at least 9 (maybe more) very good characters who can compete. That remains to be seen as far as Injustice goes, but I think we should give the game a chance.
whats the difference of 2ndc vs f23 breathe?

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
I'm giving NRS until KI3 to get their shit together.

All michaelangelo and I talk about while playing Injustice is how much fun we had playing KI at EVO in between my rants of how every character in the game should have been made as good as Superman/Green Lantern.

Also, my problem is my main. I enjoy playing Nightwing but all of his worst matchups are the best characters in the game. It doesn't help at all that all the interesting characters of the game get bodied by the best characters either.

To be quite honest if you look at each of these chars, I believe they are all on the same tier based on what I have tried in game and how I feel the game should be played.

Flash, Nightwing, Batman, Grundy, Superman, Catwoman, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Batgirl, Black Adam.The rest of the cast I haven't had time to put into. The few that I have tried that did not make the list are Joker and Lex Luthor (but if I could execute something very specific to Lex he would make the list) I dabbled in Raven and Hawkgirl but not to the extent I feel comfortable to make a judgement.

Overall, no one has really figured out the game yet or I should say no one has shown it yet in a tournament environment. The game is far too young to condemn or praise. Tier whoring for the current meta is smart to win tournaments, but do not think those tiers will stay solid with or without patching.

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
staff stance ........ he outranges the flash's fastest normals, and his ground pound zoning is safe. and my fastest move is 7 frames, means i can't do anything about staff d1 (no one can really) and the range of his 1f1 ground pound puts me too far for me to d1d2 interrupt him. then i have ti spend my valuable meter to push block him? that sucks, the only thing i like in the MU is that i can jump in on him and 50/50 him from a jump in if done correctly, and that b22f3 sonic pound MB crosses up mid screen, while he is standing, if he ducks at the beginning of the string the last hit whiffs and he gets a full combo.

And guess who just happened to pick up NW ;)