What's new

Injustice NYCC Player Battles w/ J360, rev0lver and Shady

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
This past weekend the players in the area of New York were in for a treat as the New York Comic-Con blasted through in a fierce fashion. NetherRealm Studios' upcoming DC fighting Injustice - Gods Among Us was playable and so were two of the most recently revealed characters, Catwoman and Green Arrow. Tournament players J360, Shady and rev0lver were able to get some fights in and thanks to Shady for bringing the camcorder we're now able to see what these guys were able to do in the time they were able to get some games in.
Credit: Shady

Attachments

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
YES-YES
Cyborg is everything I had hoped for.
The pieces are falling into their intended places...

AYSAMO

Noob
Cyborgs day 1 zoning makes kabal look like NBD. Damn. First month online will be 99% Cyborg zoners until people learn how to move in this game lol.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Cyborgs day 1 zoning makes kabal look like NBD. Damn. First month online will be 99% Cyborg zoners until people learn how to move in this game lol.
It looks solid, but dashing is REALLY fast and travels REALLY far. I can tell it's not gonna be easy to zone.

AYSAMO

Noob
It looks solid, but dashing is REALLY fast and travels REALLY far. I can tell it's not gonna be easy to zone.
Yea that's what I was saying. Once people get comfortable with the movement in Injustice, zoning will stop being cheesy and require actual set ups. Looks like J360 already created the BnB Cyborg Missile Setup everyone's gonna do though lol.

I saw Flash go under a few fireballs with his slide, there's probably gonna be a lot of good ways to get in on zoning besides dash blocking like we're used to, which probably isn't gonna be that good in this game by itself.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Yea that's what I was saying. Once people get comfortable with the movement in Injustice, zoning will stop being cheesy and require actual set ups. Looks like J360 already created the BnB Cyborg Missile Setup everyone's gonna do though lol.

I saw Flash go under a few fireballs with his slide, there's probably gonna be a lot of good ways to get in on zoning besides dash blocking like we're used to, which probably isn't gonna be that good in this game by itself.
You can't dash block b/c it's back to block.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
And in compensation, single dashes are a million times better in distance and speed.

Spletty, Nightwing's kali stance animations are similar to 3D MK kali sticks as well.
I know, I like the new dashes... I was just telling that guy that you can't dash block. lol

Shady

Noob

Yeah, Flash goes under most projectiles. There is a timing issue though. Because it's one input to activate the dash stance, and entirely another to set up the running slide. So it's about timing and you have to commit, but it can be baited. It turns into an interesting mindgame from that perspective.