What's new

Injustice: NetherRealm Talks to TGS About Their Influences, Roster and Surprises

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios currently has their game in Japan for the Tokyo Game Show and it seems the team is doing everything they can to promote and also get the point across that Injustice will be huge. Adam Urbano expresses the fact that the game will be sharing the mechanics and influences of other major fighting games like BlazBlue.

Adam does share with us that Injustice is currently set to at least 20 characters, some very well known and others not so much. Tells TGS that both NetherRealm Studios and DC Comics are working together on the storyline in which will explain for example how any one can survive Superman's outer-space punch.

Credit: iPlayWinner

Attachments

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Hah! I saw some sick combo action going on there finally. Although brief, what I saw looked pretty neat. I like Nightwing's combo strings with his staff, and Cyborg's aerial cannon blasting action.

shig

kool guy
New gameplay feature seen only in story mode. Heroic brutalities?
It's gonna be stuff like what we had in MK9's story mode and challenge mode. Shit like 1 vs 2, 1 vs 3, zombie characters, characters with infinite super, characters in god mode who can only lose by timeout...

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
At least 20, eh? To be honest, I hope it's less than 25. It'll be easier to balance/patch.

LesMore

Top 8 Injustice Frosty Faustings VII
How about this NRS: More Secrets!

Secret Charecter battles.

Secret Stages.

Secret Costumes.

Secret... Lovers? Just give us more stuff to find out guys! We need a game with plenty of things to do and discover. I just earned my first reptile battle last month alost 14 months from the launch date of MK, way to keep it interesting....

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
How about this NRS: More Secrets!

Secret Charecter battles.
Secret Stages.
Secret Costumes.

Secret... Lovers? Just give us more stuff to find out guys! We need a game with plenty of things to do and discover. I just earned my first reptile battle last month alost 14 months from the launch date of MK, way to keep it interesting....
Only if obtaining the secret character battles is not fucking stupid, or luck based, like finding the secret Smoke and Reptile battles in MK9. Smoke never shows up, and Santa Claus never flies by, and having those stages appear is a 2/15 or so chance anyway.