What's new

Injustice League Podcast #8: THE RETURN! Featuring Captain Oxygen

Still listening right now. I'm kind of divided on Arma's sentiments towards the stream situation. I don't necessarily think its insignificant to have some exposure on the main stream...but I do agree that if we're expecting people to see the game on stream and magically awaken to how freaking awesome it is we're really just fooling ourselves.
Plus...if we really want the NRS scene to grow we're at a point that I think we should consider that our ultimate goal probably shouldn't be to pickup the scraps from Capcom players. I've said before that I don't believe that there's some kind of a conspiracy from capcom players to keep the rest of the FGC down under their heel or anything....but that result is almost inevitable when we're stuck ridding their coattails and piggybacking on their streams. I think that if NRS players really want the scene and their games to grow into something larger we need to follow through on things like NRS centered majors and focus more on our own streams and hyping up the game.
Say what you will about Smash Bros., but that community is doing pretty well for itself in comparison to most fighting game communities and they didn't get that way by appealing to larger members of the FGC.

EDIT: actually when I put it that way I guess I'm not really that divided....I do think being on the mainstream is something at least.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
Ok @Dark Kent I have a beef to settle with you. How can you make podcasts and pretend like nothing happened? You claim you listen to musical geniuses like R Kelly and TLC yet you make music like this?! This can only be solved with a money match to put you in your place. If you win I drop it, If I win you stop recording.

HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THIS?!?!

If it wasn't you and just a relative that looks like you I apologize sir.
This is super racisttt lol.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
About the stream situation, sure it's a good thing to be on the mainstream, but surely it's better to focus on satisfying the demands of the following you already have before appealing to a larger audience? Everyone who tunes into the stream specifically to watch injustice would rather be able to see every pool streamed like we have with other majors.

Yes it's good for the game to get more exposure, but I think the priority should be based on the already existing NRS fans rather than potential ones.

Yoaks

A spaceman

After longer periods of absence than Brock Lesnar, WE HAVE RETURNED! Just in time for East Coast Throwdown, we're joined by resident Lobo player Captain Oxygen. He speaks his mind on various topics and goes through Lobo's matchup chart. Theo couldn't join us because he's Hollywood, and KitanaPrime fell asleep in the middle of Bane shenanigans. As usual, time stamps are coming soon! MP3 provided courtesy of @Saboteur-6

Time Stamps
00:30 Oxygen fears Revolver
00:40 ECT pools discussion
25:10 ECT stream situation
33:10 Origins of "Captain Oxygen" and the Squid Hat
35:45 Tony Hawk's Pro Skater discussion
43:20 Perfect Legend's Call Out of TYM
48:15 Pig tells his side of the story
1:06:00 Oxygen's Lobo Matchup Chart
YOU TOOK MY OLD AVATAR YOU SCUMBAG DMS!!!! How DARE YOU!!!!!!!

:DOGE.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
If we wanna get technical, the @AK Pig Of The Hut is actually much less effective at getting likes than @GGA 16 Bit. He has made over 4 times as many posts as Bit, but Pig only has a little over 2 times as many likes. Bit's Like-to-Post Ration (LPR) is 3.12, while Pig's is only 1.70, and @R.E.O. has them all beat with 3.52! Pig, you need to step your game up sir... even @General M2Dave has you beat! DAAAVVVVEEEE, the most hated of all!
LPR ftw.

Stay in school kids.
:joker:

If we wanna get technical, the @AK Pig Of The Hut is actually much less effective at getting likes than @GGA 16 Bit. He has made over 4 times as many posts as Bit, but Pig only has a little over 2 times as many likes. Bit's Like-to-Post Ration (LPR) is 3.12, while Pig's is only 1.70, and @R.E.O. has them all beat with 3.52! Pig, you need to step your game up sir... even @General M2Dave has you beat! DAAAVVVVEEEE, the most hated of all!
LPR ftw.

Stay in school kids.

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
LPR ftw.

Stay in school kids.
I beat them all because my posts impregnate women

StevoSuprem0

@Captain Oxygen I'm gonna say Lobo vs Joker is a 5-5. The zoning game is kinda neutral, Lobo is a character that Joker can touch-of-death off of a BGB or in the corner, and the footsie fight is relatively even. Lobo can abuse him a bit more on knockdown midscreen and such, but not a whole lot better than Joker can do to him. Lobo can abuse frametraps, but Joker can parry them, which creates an interesting guessing game (though it's heavily in Lobo's favor). Basically comes out pretty even in my opinion.

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
@Captain Oxygen I'm gonna say Lobo vs Joker is a 5-5. The zoning game is kinda neutral, Lobo is a character that Joker can touch-of-death off of a BGB or in the corner, and the footsie fight is relatively even. Lobo can abuse him a bit more on knockdown midscreen and such, but not a whole lot better than Joker can do to him. Lobo can abuse frametraps, but Joker can parry them, which creates an interesting guessing game (though it's heavily in Lobo's favor). Basically comes out pretty even in my opinion.
I need to fight a good Joker player to see

StevoSuprem0

I need to fight a good Joker player to see
I'll being starting to play the game a bit more again soon, so maybe I'll see you at a tournament one of these days and we can grind it out.

EDIT: ^^^ what he said too. Grr doesn't use any setups, but his Joker fundamentals are good in the neutral game. Sonic I don't know much about... other than he's the best or something and all Joker mains are scrubs by comparison.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Say what you will about Smash Bros., but that community is doing pretty well for itself in comparison to most fighting game communities and they didn't get that way by appealing to larger members of the FGC.
To be fair, they also play a massively popular Nintendo game that sold 11 million copies in the Wii version alone.

To be fair, they also play a massively popular Nintendo game that sold 11 million copies in the Wii version alone.
Honestly, whatever effect the competitive scene may have on sales I sincerely doubt it has nearly any effect in reverse. Look at the discrepancy between sales of MK9 and MVC3 as compared to the size of their competitive scenes for example. Also...I mostly only know of competitive smash through that doc, and don't most of the community prefer the gamecube version?