What's new

INJUSTICE Interview w/ Persona Player, Lord Knight

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
With Injustice appealing to the vast majority of the fighting game community (at least, for now) it's expected to see many new players come in to what we'd like to refer to as the "Mortal Kombat" community. However, the goal Injustice has is to reach out and pull more players in to the community and that is exactly what is and will be happening. Recently, a member by the name of "Lord Knight" signed up on Test Your Might. He is a known Persona player who has had his trip to Evolution as well. So, we decided to ask him a little bit about himself and his thoughts on Injustice.
lk.PNG

Q. First off, thank you for taking the time to answer a few questions for us! I've personally heard of you but don't know much about you, so for others in the same boat as me, would you mind telling us about yourself and competitive gaming background?

A. I'm Lord Knight and I'm from New Jersey. I actually started competitive gaming in high school by playing SSBM at MLG. A friend of mine introduced me to Guilty Gear and Melty Blood before I went to college, and before I knew it I was playing MB really seriously. I put the most effort into Melty, Blazblue, and Persona so far, but I mess around with a bunch of other games.

Q. What makes you interested in Injustice specifically, the characters, the game-play, how it plays or all of the above?

A. I like exploring new systems. I heard Injustice was somewhat different than MK9 (which I've only played once), so I figured I'd try it out.

Q. It seems like everyone is gunning for Injustice, but it'll be interesting to see "who" keeps at it. Do you see yourself and other Persona players getting in to Injustice so to try it out or do you foresee it being for long-term?

A. I don't think many Persona players would stick with Injustice. The game doesn't have things that anime players like (at least, from first glance). In my case, I'll stick with it if I enjoy it. Right now, it feels quirky (in a good way).

Q. Concerning Persona, how exactly does the combo system work? Do you think it'll be a smooth transition for you going in to Injustice or some getting used to?

A. Persona uses a proration based combo system. Every attack has an initial invisible value which determines what kind of combo you can do afterwards. If you use a "bad" starting hit, you won't get much damage or hits. If you use a "good" one, damage can be huge. The game limits loops with a "same move prorate" value, that punishes you for using the same move too many times in a combo (but there's a way around that, lol). I think I'll be fine transitioning to Injustice's combo system.

Q. Have you played the Injustice demo?

A. Yes, I played the demo! The only character I tried was Wonder Woman. I wish there was training mode, but doing VS mode by myself did the job.

Q. One of the biggest questions I believe we're facing is how many FGC's will be playing Injustice, however, as I stated above... not all may keep up with it. In your own personal opinion, do you think the vast majority of Persona players will give Injustice a shot? We heard xMOONS is also looking to get in to the game. Thoughts on this?

A. I feel like well-known players are going to jump on the game for a bit. As far as anime players, most that I know aren't trying the game or already don't like it (based on the demo).

Q. Are you the type of person to play a character based on looks and story or how "good" they are?

A. To be honest, I like playing female characters that are really strong. No loli's, lol.

Q. Will you be playing in a pad or stick?

A. I'll be playing on stick! The game has a layout similar to Persona's, so I feel pretty comfortable.

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
Glad to see him branch out and hope to see him stick with Injustice.

While taking a small break from the Injustice GAU IOS game on my phone.

BATTLEBEAR

NJ Jobber
I live in New Jersey, and go to Rutgers. As it turns out, some of the best talent in Persona also go to school here and a couple are my friends. I'll see what I can do to get a couple into Injustice.