What's new

Injustice - Interview w/ Kayane by Team Finish Him "this game is spectacular"

doesn't she play Street Fighter? my point is people know her, she (as I understood from the interview) organize some sessions - it may help community. Her opinion won't influence on my decision regarding Injustice but I think it's nice that people from another communities are interested in this game.
We will see.
To be honest I don't really know if people from other communities are interested into the game.
That interview came from Finish-Him, which ... judging by the name ... should be a french MK kommunity and it should be obvious, that they're interested in Injustice. And they got Kayane to register on their board.
Will she stick to it and promote the game? Who knows. I'm not sure if it really matters, because it will stay in France I guess.

The more interesting thing is to see Capcom players, who most of us know, like Justin Wong, Chris G, Fanatiq and FilipinoChamp being interested in the game. If they decide to pick it up and stay to it for a while it certainly could attract more people from their community (UMVC3, SF4).

Stchamps

PSN: SoaD_009
doesn't she play Street Fighter? my point is people know her, she (as I understood from the interview) organize some sessions - it may help community. Her opinion won't influence on my decision regarding Injustice but I think it's nice that people from another communities are interested in this game.
I've never even heard of her before this interview either. I looked into it now and see she never wins tournaments, which means she is only hyped up because she is a slightly above average looking girl in the a community of nerds. She also doesn't play any of the popular games like MK, UMVC3, or SS4 (unless I just failed I finding youtube videos of her playing them).

insignis

Noob
I've never even heard of her before this interview either. I looked into it now and see she never wins tournaments, which means she is only hyped up because she is a slightly above average looking girl in the a community of nerds. She also doesn't play any of the popular games like MK, UMVC3, or SS4 (unless I just failed I finding youtube videos of her playing them).
I didn't know about her until she played Injustice. The fact she was special guest aroused curiousity and after some digging I found she was very succesful in Soul Calibur and did well on EVO2010 in Street Fighter and I guess she is known not only because she is a gamer but also an event organizer. Anyway she arouses some hype and attention :)

trufenix

bye felicia
Killzone, Stchamps
Don't be dicks. No matter what the average SRK idiot thinks the FGC is bigger than just SF4 and Marvel Top 8. Always has been, always will be. You don't have to be top 8 at anything to be a pillar of the community. Mike Ross hasn't won a tournament in. . . well, for fucking ever and people still respect and follow him.

Any coverage is good news when it comes to fgc outreach. People like Kayane who go to events, put a positive face on the scene, and try to hype up games are important to the FGC. Assholes who monster on streams and forums all day then play online all night and think memorizing EVO outcomes makes them relevant are the ones who should be ignored.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Slasher interviews two time MLG Soul Calibur V Champion Keev and second place finisher Kayane at the MLG Spring Championships :

Deftonesrc

Electrical Engineering bitch!
Killzone, Stchamps
Don't be dicks. No matter what the average SRK idiot thinks the FGC is bigger than just SF4 and Marvel Top 8. Always has been, always will be. You don't have to be top 8 at anything to be a pillar of the community. Mike Ross hasn't won a tournament in. . . well, for fucking ever and people still respect and follow him.

Any coverage is good news when it comes to fgc outreach. People like Kayane who go to events, put a positive face on the scene, and try to hype up games are important to the FGC. Assholes who monster on streams and forums all day then play online all night and think memorizing EVO outcomes makes them relevant are the ones who should be ignored.
Well said good sir, well said.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26

im pretty sure shes a multi time EVO Women's AE champ and shes a lock usually for Top 8 in SC...

I might be wrong but i think Im right....

I don't white knight gamer grrls, but Kayane is legit. A simple Google search would have told you she has been winning or placing high at majors since 2001.

lol lrn2webz

I'm kinda disapointed that for most of you a non-american/japanese top player just doesn't exist. She's more than legit for a semi-pro.
Kayane never won anything ? Go check yourself : http://kayane.fr/tournament-results/
I mean, every female can have a guinness world record about most podium placements in fighting game, just have to push buttons...

She's more than legit for a semi-pro.
Kayane never won anything ? Go check yourself : http://kayane.fr/tournament-results/
Kayane (or french pro-players overall) is not the problem, but the games she plays. Look at that tournament results ... Soul Calibur and Dead Or Alive.
How many people here care about 3D fighters and their pro's?

I personally don't care at all about them, so why should I care about Kayane? I don't.
I'm not hating on anything, or anyone, but I simply think that it's pretty damn hard to stick to 2D fighters and 3D fighters at the same time and that most of the people have to pick one thing and in this community and the Capcom fighters community it's basically all about 2D fighting games, I guess.

Well she won the female Street Fighter's evo of 2012 so yes she is in 2d too.
And plenty of 2D players went to the 3D with TTT2 (like PR_Rog).

IMO most people care most about the game itself than if it's 2d or 3d.
I'm maybe a bad example since I play quite a lot of fighting game but just for fun, but I don't care about P4A or Skullgirls even if I play UMvC3 and SSF4:AE, and I didn't care about Injustice until yesterday even if I play MK or SC.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Kayane (or french pro-players overall) is not the problem, but the games she plays. Look at that tournament results ... Soul Calibur and Dead Or Alive.
How many people here care about 3D fighters and their pro's?

I personally don't care at all about them, so why should I care about Kayane? I don't.
I'm not hating on anything, or anyone, but I simply think that it's pretty damn hard to stick to 2D fighters and 3D fighters at the same time and that most of the people have to pick one thing and in this community and the Capcom fighters community it's basically all about 2D fighting games, I guess.
if u dont care then why post?
Besides many people here care about 3d fighters too including me, and so what if u dont even play 3d fighters, it still is a nice accomplishment she did, and you probably wont even come close getting the same respect as she does.

if u dont care then why post?
Besides many people here care about 3d fighters too including me, and so what if u dont even play 3d fighters, it still is a nice accomplishment she did, and you probably wont even come close getting the same respect as she does.
Wow, that was ... wow.