What's new

Injustice - Interview w/ Kayane by Team Finish Him "this game is spectacular"

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Since our friends on French Mortal Kombat/Injustice website "Team Finish Him" were able to attend the Paris, France game show a few weeks back called Paris Manga they've now uploaded a hefty interview with Kayane. For anyone who may not know who she is... she is one of the most famous female fighting game pro players in the world and is sponsored by MadCatz. Team Finish Him ask Kayane questions about her background to where you truly see how involved she is in her scene. From the events that she runs to the games she plays... a scene with Kayane is very rich and inspiring. The meat on the bone with this interview for the 'inheriting' Mortal Kombat community is definitely her thoughts on Injustice and she thinks the game is "spectacular". Concerning stage transitions to interactive environments, Kayane seems to have loved what she experienced at Paris Manga.

She mentions her "pit-bull" play-style and that Catwoman (so far) appears to be her favorite due to her speed and how easy she seems to learn. All of this and much more in the interview below! Thanks to our friends at Team Finish Him for translating the interview and a huge thank you to Kayane for her time and being honest about 'why she doesn't care for Mortal Kombat'.

Source: Team Finish Him
If you wish to leran more about Kayane directly, please visit www.Kayane.Fr

Attachments

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Nice interview.

Kayane, plz 2 compete in Injustice for us. Plz. *cries*

Edit: It sounds like she's serious.. Everyone better level up.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Further supporting my theory that this game is going to be gigantanormous in the FGC.

Yes, it's going to be so huge that it's going to invent a new word.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Also, this game could very well end up starting a legitimate USA vs. Europe rivalry. If it's anything like the Soul Calibur series has with the USA vs. France battles, this will become amazing because those Euro players travel to the States here quite often from my understanding.

I wonder if Japan will give this game a whirl....

Meh ...
She says that Catwomans special trait lets you link combos easier, or something like that. Other than that, there is not that much information regarding Injustice, other than theorizing a little bit.

If you want to learn more about Kayane, watch the interview - if you're only hoping for Injustice infos, skip it. You won't miss anything.

Edit: Shoutouts to Finish-Him anyway! It looks like they have an amazing kommunity and that they will support Injustice a lot.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Meh ...
She says that Catwomans special trait lets you link combos easier, or something like that. Other than that, there is not that much information regarding Injustice, other than theorizing a little bit.
Agreed. This is definitely not so much a video about technical information about the game than it is more about a high-level and highly respected fighting game player basically telling people that they REALLY need to check out Injustice. Gets more hype going for the game, especially for those who have been playing other fighting games and have been on the fence about whether to give this game a shot or not.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
I must have been sleeping under a rock for the past decade as a fighting gamer, as I have never even heard of Kayane before these videos. She's cute, but her opinion really has no effect on whether or not I'm going to be excited/getting this game, whatsoever. I'm excited because #Netherrealm #MortalKombat #DC.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I think some of you are missing the "bigger" picture with this to where Kayane seems to really like Injustice and will likely play it when it drops. She also makes great points - example: where players may not know MK or SF characters and their history... SO MANY know the stories of DC characters.

Deftonesrc

Electrical Engineering bitch!
I think some of you are missing the "bigger" picture with this to where Kayane seems to really like Injustice and will likely play it when it drops. She also makes great points - example: where players may not know MK or SF characters and their history... SO MANY know the stories of DC characters.
Of course they missed the big picture. . . they are too busy focusing on technical details like wonder womans face. . .

I love you man, so no offense, but ...

... I don't need Kayane nor anyone else to tell me the obvious, since that's what it is.
Everything she said in the interview should be obvious stuff and I don't consider anyone so stupid that that particular interview opened their eyes O_O

insignis

Noob
I love you man, so no offense, but ...

... I don't need Kayane nor anyone else to tell me the obvious, since that's what it is.
Everything she said in the interview should be obvious stuff and I don't consider anyone so stupid that that particular interview opened their eyes O_O
maybe because it wasn't about opening someone's eyes but about impressions of a well known fighter?

p.s. people who act like "I'd hit'er" etc are really low... but it's an internet where douchebags inhebit.

maybe because it wasn't about opening someone's eyes but about impressions of a well known fighter
I personally don't consider her a well known fighter.
Sheis mainly known in France and concentrates on games that are neither Mortal Kombat 9, nor various Capcom fighters.
If you're not into the 3D fighters, than the chances are high that you actually don't know her. Maybe you heard something about her, but going as far to say that you care about what she has to say? Nah.

insignis

Noob
I personally don't consider her a well known fighter.
Sheis mainly known in France and concentrates on games that are neither Mortal Kombat 9, nor various Capcom fighters.
If you're not into the 3D fighters, than the chances are high that you actually don't know her. Maybe you heard something about her, but going as far to say that you care about what she has to say? Nah.
doesn't she play Street Fighter? my point is people know her, she (as I understood from the interview) organize some sessions - it may help community. Her opinion won't influence on my decision regarding Injustice but I think it's nice that people from another communities are interested in this game.