What's new

Injustice Has Armor attacks?

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
so i noticed a few things in todays video that caught my eye
at 1:03 the flash does a dashing attack on shazam as he does that punch move.. he takes the hit. and if you hear you can hear the impact.. as well as notice shazam flash for a bit.. and then knocks flash into the stage transition..
also at around 1:50 he does the move again.. takes the hit.. laucnhes flash and goes into his super...

thoughts???

Pig Of The Hut
FCP/EMP SCAR
Showtime
Starcharger28

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Yes, it looks like you can meter burn the heavy attack that wallbounce and causes a stage transition.

Flash does it too, he tanks Shazams lightning blast.

At 1:50 though, he doesn't have armor, the flash just didn't do anything out of his command run.
Here I made gifs of it early, the armor effect is like a weird blueish green glow.

Shazam armor
Flash armor

Cat

Yes, it looks like you can meter burn the heavy attack that wallbounce and causes a stage transition.

Flash does it too, he tanks Shazams lightning blast.

At 1:50 though, he doesn't have armor, the flash just didn't do anything out of his command run.
Here I made gifs of it early, the armor effect is like a weird blueish green glow.

yeah at 1:50 flash probably didnt do anything.. but at 1:03 he did .. he even bounced a bit after the attack.. and got punished..
as for flash avoiding the lighting.. i think thats just because his shake move avoids projectiles

also the second pic is too early.. stop it where he makes contact and shazam is flashing

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
yeah at 1:50 flash probably didnt do anything.. but at 1:03 he did .. he even bounced a bit after the attack.. and got punished..
as for flash avoiding the lighting.. i think thats just because his shake move avoids projectiles

also the second pic is too early.. stop it where he makes contact and shazam is flashing
Those are not pictures, they are Gifs, showing the Flash and Shazam tanking moves.
Shazam calls down a lightning attack, and Flash does a stage transition through it and you can clearly see the armor glow.

If you for some reason can't see the gifs, I turned them into links if that helps.

Cat

Those are not pictures, they are Gifs, showing the Flash and Shazam tanking moves.
Shazam calls down a lightning attack, and Flash does a stage transition through it and you can clearly see the armor glow.

If you for some reason can't see the gifs, I turned them into links if that helps.
i see.. they are not working at the computer here at work.. but it might just be this computer

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Its just the computer, the gifs work fine. Irrelevant to the topic, but I was bummed flash got the vote. Ive seen an insane amount of flash footage already, I wouldn't have minded seeing more Shazam. He is looking bad ass.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
gotta get the 60fps versions to see how the game actually looks, can probably look more in detail after that

Armored launchers, nice. They seem to cause the stage transition, so what if the stage transition is off? I'm thinking you get one of those wall bounces.

Cat

Armored launchers, nice. They seem to cause the stage transition, so what if the stage transition is off? I'm thinking you get one of those wall bounces.
i was thikning the same thing.. either way its stupid.. armor launches is ridicilous.. even if its unsafe like kabal ex dash.. its gonna be a problem.. and if they dont take meter.. expect a launching fest.

i was thikning the same thing.. either way its stupid.. armor launches is ridicilous.. even if its unsafe like kabal ex dash.. its gonna be a problem.. and if they dont take meter.. expect a launching fest.
I think its still too early to judge. Lots of speculation which is fun, but until we play the final product its impossible to tell. Theres also gonna be patches and tweaks as well, impossible to get it 100% right the first time.

I don't know what you mean by Kabal EX dash being unsafe. He can cancel it and practically use it as a parry for ridiculous pressure.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
They do cost meter, probably 2 bars.

You can see the meter burn effect when they do it, its like a little purple explosion.

They do cost meter, probably 2 bars.

You can see the meter burn effect when they do it, its like a little purple explosion.
Nice. So far It seems like this game is going to be very meter oriented. Another thing these fights dont showcase is that wager system. Luckily for us MK players we've become masters at meter management thanks to a certain yellow bastard in MK.

Cat

Nice. So far It seems like this game is going to be very meter oriented. Another thing these fights dont showcase is that wager system. Luckily for us MK players we've become masters at meter management thanks to a certain yellow bastard in MK.
i heard the wager system was scraped

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
observe friends:

it seems shazam has a move that calls down lightning to himself, and his hands light up and stay lit for a period of time. methinks that having a lightning power-up may give that move armor and probably alter other properties of shazam's special moves. it also looks like doing a special move while lightning power'd takes the lightning away from him, and he has to re-lightning each time (you can tell because the glow leaves his hands). as far as it being safe or unsafe, that's speculation at this point.

Cat

observe friends:

it seems shazam has a move that calls down lightning to himself, and his hands light up and stay lit for a period of time. methinks that having a lightning power-up may give that move armor and probably alter other properties of shazam's special moves. it also looks like doing a special move while lightning power'd takes the lightning away from him, and he has to re-lightning each time (you can tell because the glow leaves his hands). as far as it being safe or unsafe, that's speculation at this point.
actually in the beginning he gets hit after charging and it didnt go away until some time.... as for it having to be used for the armor.. false.. since the first launcher he does.. he does not have his hands charged..

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
actually in the beginning he gets hit after charging and it didnt go away until some time.... as for it having to be used for the armor.. false.. since the first launcher he does.. he does not have his hands charged..
upon 2nd viewing you're absolutely right, makes me wonder what the lightning hands are for then. weird.

Cat

upon 2nd viewing you're absolutely right, makes me wonder what the lightning hands are for then. weird.
they might be for allowing him to do those moves that cause ground bounces.. the ones he does after the first time he chargers..

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
If I had to guess based on appearance and what lightning usually does in video games, when he is like that and he does normals, he builds extra meter.

Idk i dont think how they incorporate armor in injustice will be such a pain as it is in mk, so far it only seems to be for launchers and stage transitions which i see no problem with yet, but we shall see later on down the road

Lazoruz

Closer to the coffin, but still kicking..!
I also saw where Flash has his Vibration Parry/Avoid move at around 1:14 and that may be what he uses to armor through attacks. Its' possible he can cancel into that from other moves, but with less that 2 months to go we'll have to wait and see ;)