What's new

Injustice Gods Among Us: Black Adam

trufenix

bye felicia
yeah. but he is still a little stronger than shazam and superman isn't he?
I don't think he's stronger than either, he's just unrestricted. He fights to kill, while most of the good guys only fight to "subdue". Superman would think twice about punching someone at full strength, because he might simply obliterate them. Adam could (generally) care less if he punched your head off in a fight, so he goes full bore with every swing.

I don't think he's stronger than either, he's just unrestricted. He fights to kill, while most of the good guys only fight to "subdue". Superman would think twice about punching someone at full strength, because he might simply obliterate them. Adam could (generally) care less if he punched your head off in a fight, so he goes full bore with every swing.
that makes sense. i think i read somewhere that adam keeps his power to himself and shazam shares it with his family

Reedoms

Noob
He's on the same level as both but outmatches Supes due to his magic. Cap and him though go toe to toe evenly when they both cut loose.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Black Adam is stronger than Shazam no doubt, but Cap is a good guy so he manages to overcome anyways.

Supes is a different story, if you're talking about a more believable and balanced supes with no ridiculous bullshit or plot-driven immunity then yes Adam is a bit stronger than him.

And it isn't because he's not holding back, I think if Adam was to fight Cap with both of them at absolute full power Adam would win due to him knowing his powers better and just being a bit stronger. Him and supes, if Adam uses his magic to his advantage he could take him.

Take into account this is my opinion and I don't consider things done due to "plot-driven immunity" A.K.A. the things that cause weaker characters to do things they should be able to do, this could be a plot device, clever writing, or just plain blatant bullshit.

Things like supes moving a planet, or going so fast around the earth he turns back time.

And to be fair, a lot of the shit Adam did in WW3

The strongest thing i'll give supes is the ability to shatter a small moon with a full force(him giving his everything, pushing himself to the limit) punch.

He's on the same level as both but outmatches Supes due to his magic. Cap and him though go toe to toe evenly when they both cut loose.
I don't know about New 52, but I always felt like the biased fanboi DC writers who grew up with Superman comics went too far when it came to giving Superman the upper hand in everything.
To me it felt like he totally lost his vulnerability to magic. They even gave him higher telepathy resistance than anyone else has it, simply because.

People like to say that Batman could take out Superman with Kryptonite, but when has Batman actually done that in the comic books? I can't remember any instance, where he was able to do something.

Things like supes moving a planet, or going so fast around the earth he turns back time.

The strongest thing i'll give supes is the ability to shatter a small moon with a full force(him giving his everything, pushing himself to the limit) punch.
The thing is:
During his emo run (last Superman comics, pre New 52) Superman was lying in bed with Lois and talking about stuff. He said that he could benchpress THE planet (obviously he had Earth in mind).
I never saw Superman as someone who would say that just to show off. He rarely - if ever - lies. If he says that he can benchpress the planet, then I believe him.

Obviously it would be an over the top feat, since DC fans like to bring in the feat where Superman + Martian Manhunter + Wonder Woman dragged the Earth. They always say that all these characters were pulling 1/3 of Earths weight, which is bullshit, since you COULD say that Superman was doing all the work, while Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman did much less. Just in theory. But everyone thinks they're all equal in terms of strenght.

However, Superman being able to BENCH PRESS the planet... I would personally give him more power, than just shattering a small moon.
If that was his limit, then many Marvel characters would outmatch him eaaasily. Gladiator and Sentry easily, since they have far more devastating feats. Hell, even the Hulk has some ridiculous destructive feats.

Obviously I'm talking about the pre 52 Superman.The new one is still inferior to many other versions and characters.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I don't know about New 52, but I always felt like the biased fanboi DC writers who grew up with Superman comics went too far when it came to giving Superman the upper hand in everything.
To me it felt like he totally lost his vulnerability to magic. They even gave him higher telepathy resistance than anyone else has it, simply because.

People like to say that Batman could take out Superman with Kryptonite, but when has Batman actually done that in the comic books? I can't remember any instance, where he was able to do something.

The thing is:
During his emo run (last Superman comics, pre New 52) Superman was lying in bed with Lois and talking about stuff. He said that he could benchpress THE planet (obviously he had Earth in mind).
I never saw Superman as someone who would say that just to show off. He rarely - if ever - lies. If he says that he can benchpress the planet, then I believe him.

Obviously it would be an over the top feat, since DC fans like to bring in the feat where Superman + Martian Manhunter + Wonder Woman dragged the Earth. They always say that all these characters were pulling 1/3 of Earths weight, which is bullshit, since you COULD say that Superman was doing all the work, while Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman did much less. Just in theory. But everyone thinks they're all equal in terms of strenght.

However, Superman being able to BENCH PRESS the planet... I would personally give him more power, than just shattering a small moon.
If that was his limit, then many Marvel characters would outmatch him eaaasily. Gladiator and Sentry easily, since they have far more devastating feats. Hell, even the Hulk has some ridiculous destructive feats.

Obviously I'm talking about the pre 52 Superman.The new one is still inferior to many other versions and characters.

"Super man says" doesn't mean shit, what the DC writers say however, does, and what they're saying is retarded.

Supes never should have been that powerful.

He's an alien that gets power from the sun, he shouldn't be able to convert photons and shit in such a way that he can give off enough energy to bench press and entire planet. I know comics don't make sense but you have to draw the line somewhere.

This is the reason I don't like most interpretations of Supes, because they give him too much shit for absolutely no good reason.

I also think comics should really play up Superman being weaker at night, when he isn't in direct sunlight, thats a lot cooler of a weakness that kryptonite.

trufenix

bye felicia
"Super man says" doesn't mean shit, what the DC writers say however, does, and what they're saying is retarded.

Supes never should have been that powerful.

He's an alien that gets power from the sun, he shouldn't be able to convert photons and shit in such a way that he can give off enough energy to bench press and entire planet. I know comics don't make sense but you have to draw the line somewhere.

This is the reason I don't like most interpretations of Supes, because they give him too much shit for absolutely no good reason.

I also think comics should really play up Superman being weaker at night, when he isn't in direct sunlight, thats a lot cooler of a weakness that kryptonite.
What do you mean, no reason. He's fucking Superman. That's the whole point. His whole deal is that he's fantastically undefeatable. Exactly how powerful should the strongest man on the planet be? Just kinda strong? Like mountain moving strong but not planet moving strong? He should be unstoppable to punches, but kicks no way jose? Should he have some retarded achilles heel like a peanut allergy so batman and lantern and all the other heroes with obvious glaring weaknesses feel better about themselves?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
What do you mean, no reason. He's fucking Superman. That's the whole point. His whole deal is that he's fantastically undefeatable. Exactly how powerful should the strongest man on the planet be? Just kinda strong? Like mountain moving strong but not planet moving strong? He should be unstoppable to punches, but kicks no way jose? Should he have some retarded achilles heel like a peanut allergy so batman and lantern and all the other heroes with obvious glaring weaknesses feel better about themselves?

No, he should be really damn powerful but not retardedly powerful.

Not planet benching powerful.

Not God-like powerful.

Not unstoppable.

I'd be more accepting if he at least had a good reason to be that powerful instead of writers giving the idiotic "he just is, because the Sun and shit" reason.

They treat him more like the strongest man in the galaxy than the strongest man on Earth at times.

trufenix

bye felicia
Why not, exactly? Because its not fair to whoever it is you like? Because lantern has to carry around a bell and Captain America got done in by a bullet? Why does Wolverine get to regenerate from dismemberment? Why does Magneto get to control the iron in peoples blood? Why does Batman get to win always and cheat death again and again? Superman is fucking SUPERman. He has weaknesses, strength is not one of them.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Why not, exactly? Because its not fair to whoever it is you like? Because lantern has to carry around a bell and Captain America got done in by a bullet? Why does Wolverine get to regenerate from dismemberment? Why does Magneto get to control the iron in peoples blood? Why does Batman get to win always and cheat death again and again? Superman is fucking SUPERman. He has weaknesses, strength is not one of them.

It's not about being fair, I just hate the idea of a "perfect superhero" thats perfect just because, really this is all just my bias and personal opinion.

And about those characters you mentioned, they explain those powers, at least a bit.

Cap isn't invincible, he got his power via a series of combined chemicals in the form of a forumla.
Green Lantern got his powers from a cosmic powered ring that can be controlled by the user via the mind
Wolverine is a mutant whose had his powers from a young age due to genetics and evolution in the Marvel universe, his body's immune system is much more advanced than a normal human.
Magneto is also a mutant with powers given to him via some kind of super evolution in the Marvel universe.
Batman has the superpower of "plot-driven immunity" manifested in the form of outrageously complicated plans and "he's really smart and shit" which really isn't any better than Supes.

All Supes has is "He does the sun and shit, his skin eats photons and his muscles get bigger, and he flies too for no reason".

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I agree somewhat with B.E., Superman should not be the most powerful, fast, etc....guy that ever was or ever will be. At times throughout his runs it was just like "come on", there has to come a point were it's too much and some writers can't deal with that.

On the powers thing, I don't agree with this argument. Every hero gets a "you've gotta suspend your disbelief" type thing: Getting bit by a radioactive Spider will not give you the powers of a spider, Cap just gets a "serum" and he's a Superhero, Flash is hit by lightning, it goes on. Supes getting his powers in the way he does is no less believable than others.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Those three are the main three I have a problem with.

But you're right about the suspending disbelief thing.

I deal with it but I don't like it, I'm not gonna ignore anything just cause Supes is in it, he's not a bad character I just don't like the way he's usually portrayed.

Look guys,

Superman is nowhere near invincible. His biggest weakness is his ability to be manipulated. He gets attached to so many people that if a villain really wanted to mess with him, he could simply kill his parents or Lois Lane or whoever. In the show Young Justice, he was tricked into almost dying because he wanted to save the entire mountain full of aliens who hate him. The mountain blew up and he almost died. Superman is not invincible.

Just a clever twist of his morals and you've got him in a bind.

Tickle Brisket

XBL: Tickle Brisket
The reason Super-man is one of the crappiest comic book heroes of all time is because he is just simply over-powered.People love The Hulk because his story has way more feeling put into it then superman and while the Hulk is extremely powerful he is always going into some kind of realistic pain that anyone could endure thus binding with a character.With Super-man you can't really do that alot of times because you always know he is going to be ok and nothing will truly scar him.His personality and character development has not changed and he has the same attitude that is just annoying.DC has a habit of doing this with alot of characters,not all mind you,but alot! thus why i enjoy Marvel alot more.There is more depth...maybe not as much creativity as there used to be,but i like character development which DC lacks it.except Batman characters of course.Super-man was a good character for HIS TIME,but now and for the last 20 years he is not relevent.Comic books are not silly kid stuff anymore.They darker and more adult.When a character can bench press the earth or rapidly spin the earth when he flies around it=kid stuff.

Reedoms

Noob
The reason Super-man is one of the crappiest comic book heroes of all time is because he is just simply over-powered. With Super-man you can't really do that alot of times because you always know he is going to be ok and nothing will truly scar him.
Confirmed for never reading anything Superman related. His best stories are those that involve his human side and not the indestructible alien (i.e. all of them)

Comic books are not silly kid stuff anymore.They darker and more adult.When a character can bench press the earth or rapidly spin the earth when he flies around it=kid stuff.
Oh. I read Mature Comics for Mature people such as myself.