What's new

Video/Tutorial Injustice: GAU - Green Lantern Beginner Tutorial by MCZ|TS|Sabin

Sabin

Elder God
As long as the hype keeps flowing (WNF was crazy last night, congrats to EGP boys and Tyrant/Chef/Justin Wong) the tutorials will keep coming! Today I'm doing a beginner tutorial for Green Lantern. As he is my main in this game - I probably know him the best. It's the same format as the other tutorials at 14 mins long, and I make sure enough to get you started (combos, moves, trait!) Check it out after the break!

Attachments

Sabin

Elder God
As I was recording this live, I realized after recording this I didn't cover his overhead missile (d~b+2). Has anyone found a use for it? I think it's quite redundant with force lift being a move. Maybe meter burn full screen version? Let me know.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Sabin, these are awesome. Personally, I am knee deep in the characters I am playing now and won't try anything serious with GL for a while ... however these videos are totally perfect for people I know who are getting the game and want to get deeper into fighting games or are interested in whichever character the video is about.

Zarpd

Noob
As I was recording this live, I realized after recording this I didn't cover his overhead missile (d~b+2). Has anyone found a use for it? I think it's quite redundant with force lift being a move. Maybe meter burn full screen version? Let me know.
The missiles have a bit longer range than the force lift. They're okay-ish for stuffing people who are jumping over your b~f+1. The meter burn fires a third missile that's full screen and you can delay it a bit. I find you can fire the two missiles and then keep the fear of meter burn there is they try to jump it or stop blocking for any reason.

Probably his least useful move, but a good tool to have just in case.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
These are great videos, Art. Very quick and to the point. They give you a great idea of how the character plays. After watching this one, I'm going to give Lantern a try soon. Right now I'm concentrating on Bane and Aquaman, though.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I haven't found a use for it either :-/

Ca$hFlagg

Online » Offline
The only thing I saw that needs correcting is that his traits buffs his normal's dmg (10% I think) as well as specials.

D,b+2 gives nice frame advantage...if you can get it out.

Atsumachi

I just don't know
I think I might have found a use for Rocket Power. Try doing this:

B12, trait xx LM(mb), Rocket Power

If they do a wakeup attack, it causes them to bounce. I'm not the best at figuring out complicated setups, but I bet this might come in handy.

RocketScientist

Satellites actually...
Just wanted to chime-in and say that as a new player, this video was awesome! Thanks for the contribution - loving GL now!

sgZick

Noob
Nice video, learned a couple of things from it. Green Lantern is my favorit so far. Regarding the overhead missile, it is a decent anti air (worse than the ring though). The main use for me is use it while jumping against zoners. Alternatively you can use it mid air to delay your jump and the adjust timing of your fall and have the enemies AA go into the void. Not an offensive, but decent tactical tool.

Edit: correction mistaken the overhead missile with the air version of Oa's missile. The ground one is useless without meter indeed...

D

Deleted member 9158

I like Green Lantern, but I need more time in the lab. Still trying to work out kinks in my execution with Harley Quinn first

Bibulus

Noob
If you end combos with 223xx4xxdb2 you get a hard knockdown that forces them to wakeup into rockets... It checks people for doing most of anything on wakeup and if they get hit trait makes the move pop them up in the air. This combos with minigun and if they block and you minigun on that same timing you will stuff them for trying to block the rockets and jump. If they block both moves that's 2.5% chip on rockets and 1% on minigun... Which is often a damage increase from using lift to end a combo and it puts them at range. I like this setup for most matchups where you want to zone people